Reincarnation without past life memories

DarkLordSatan

I'm looking for something very specific:
The protagonist is the re-incarnation of someone who was very close to one of the main characters (not necessarily in a romantic way, they could be friends, lovers, family or even master-servant) and they meet again after being reincarnated without the memories of their past life.
  • I don't want both to be reborn, just one of them with the other being some sort of supernatural being with a long life-span.
  • Gender after being re-incarnated doesn't matter.
  • Their relationship need not be romantic after meeting again.
Examples would be Inuyasha, Uraboku

Alternatively a similar setting without reincarnation but with the MC losing their memories, like Blood+ or Tsubasa Chronicle is fine too.

Genres don't matter as long as it's not explicitly sexual or reeks of any kind of fan-service/fujo-pandering.

Have you checked anime with the "reincarnation" tag already?
https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/tags/reincarnation
Yes, already checked those, Mirage of Blaze is the only thing that comes close to what I'm looking for based on its description. Most of them are either reincarnated with their memories intact or make no specific mentions about it. I also noticed that Inuyasha or Makai Ouji both of which have the "reincarnation" aspect don't seem to have that tag.

Please Save My Earth was an amazing reincarnation story, that I feel is similar to what you want. Even if it's not, it was still an amazing manga. Never saw the anime but I know they made one.

Sorry I was re-reading the criteria. In Please Save My Earth all of them are reborn, just in case it's really important that only one of them be reborn. And it's a group of people as well.

Please Save My Earth was an amazing reincarnation story, that I feel is similar to what you want. Even if it's not, it was still an amazing manga. Never saw the anime but I know they made one.
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm already reading that, yet to complete it but it's really good. Haven't watched the anime adaptation yet.

Okay so what I understand from watching anime for a long time is watch 11 eyes anime its similar to the reincarnation theory or Hyakka ryouran samurai girls anime or Seikon no qwaser let me know what you think of the anime I wrote on this post

Twelve Kingdoms sounds like it fits your criteria, but I didn't particularly like it so I don't know if I can recommend it. The average ratings for it is 4.12 so it is fairly well liked. So while it might not have been the right anime for me, it could be the right one for you.

Wise Man's Grandchild is also a good option. A guy gets reborn as an infant with no knowledge of his previous world and taken in by a grandfather. I will admit that the grandfather is not a deity with a supernaturally enhanced life span, but he is a wise elder and also a skilled mage, so hopefully that is close enough.

Last edited:
I'm looking for something very specific:
The protagonist is the re-incarnation of someone who was very close to one of the main characters (not necessarily in a romantic way, they could be friends, lovers, family or even master-servant) and they meet again after being reincarnated without the memories of their past life.
  • I don't want both to be reborn, just one of them with the other being some sort of supernatural being with a long life-span.
  • Gender after being re-incarnated doesn't matter.
  • Their relationship need not be romantic after meeting again.
Examples would be Inuyasha, Uraboku

Alternatively a similar setting without reincarnation but with the MC losing their memories, like Blood+ or Tsubasa Chronicle is fine too.

Genres don't matter as long as it's not explicitly sexual or reeks of any kind of fan-service/fujo-pandering.

Kannazuki no Miko probably counts if we follow your criterias. It's Shoujo-Ai, with a dramatic twist to it, so it is quite entertaining. Some episodes can be feel quite lenghty, and I remember skipping ahead when I first watched it twelve years ago. It's not really an anime I would recommend on a daily basis, but if you're actively seeking to watch every reincarnation anime there is, I guess you could watch it.

I can't really say much about it in itself, and your first criteria may or may not apply, as KnM is a tricky anime to consider when it comes to reincarnation in the first place. Technically, just giving out the name of it to answer your post is actively a spoiler...so well, take your pick I guess!

Kannazuki no Miko probably counts if we follow your criterias. It's Shoujo-Ai, with a dramatic twist to it, so it is quite entertaining. Some episodes can be feel quite lenghty, and I remember skipping ahead when I first watched it twelve years ago. It's not really an anime I would recommend on a daily basis, but if you're actively seeking to watch every reincarnation anime there is, I guess you could watch it.

I can't really say much about it in itself, and your first criteria may or may not apply, as KnM is a tricky anime to consider when it comes to reincarnation in the first place. Technically, just giving out the name of it to answer your post is actively a spoiler...so well, take your pick I guess!
Just one question, how fetishized is it? I really don't trust the LGBT tag on AP since even Junjou Romantica which romanticizes rape has it.
Twelve Kingdoms sounds like it fits your criteria, but I didn't particularly like it so I don't know if I can recommend it. The average ratings for it is 4.12 so it is fairly well liked. So while it might not have been the right anime for me, it could be the right one for you.

Wise Man's Grandchild is also a good option. A guy gets reborn as an infant with no knowledge of his previous world and taken in by a grandfather. I will admit that the grandfather is not a deity with a supernaturally enhanced life span, but he is a wise elder and also a skilled mage, so hopefully that is close enough.
I really loved Twelve Kingdoms, it's a good series. Wise Man's Grandchild has past life memories which is why we have the whole pretentious thing about him being a genius that amplifies his magic with science, didn't like it at all.
Okay so what I understand from watching anime for a long time is watch 11 eyes anime its similar to the reincarnation theory or Hyakka ryouran samurai girls anime or Seikon no qwaser let me know what you think of the anime I wrote on this post
All of them have an ecchi tag so I'll pass.

Since I can't seem to find anything else I'm thinking of giving Mirage of Blaze a shot. Can anyone tell me how good or bad the BL in this one is (in terms of consent)?

Back