Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by ZetsubouKaiji, Aug 22, 2018.

1. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

2. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Puberty is already enough of a syndrome without the addition of sexed up bunny girls.

SeiyaManG, Tomosane, worknboy and 2 others like this.
  3. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Aug 22, 2018
    The plot hints at something deep and some mature subject matter but it'll probably devolve into some harem hijinks that only those with pubes syndrome can see if they introduce more and more bunny girls with varying attributes. But they had better not neglect the booty for cleavage bunny shots. That would be a crime.

SeiyaManG, Tomosane, worknboy and 3 others like this.
  4. GuyStudios

GuyStudios New Member

Man Puberty Must Be Hard
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5. FukiburiHime

FukiburiHime Well-Known Member

EP 1:
    I like how they made the puberty syndrome an actual thing and not just Japanese superiority complex, like crazy dangerous stuff happening out of nowhere randomly? I have to see this
    The invisible girl thing gave me Clannad vibes, and I hate Clannad. But is kind of refreshing for a famous actress being suddenly forgotten and avoided by everyone.
    Aside from the dull and inconsistent female lead personality (she goes from stoic to tsundere out of nothing)
    I'm in.

interregnum and SeiyaManG like this.
  6. Ebonyslayer

Ebonyslayer Database Moderator

I sorta curious to see where this will go. The syndrome itself is interesting.

commonxreaction and CashewCheese like this.
  7. CashewCheese

CashewCheese Active Member

The first episode was not at all what I was expecting...in a good way! The name of this anime is super misleading, haha. I'm really excited to see how this turns out. :)

SeiyaManG and worknboy like this.
  8. tcannon1

tcannon1 New Member

Well, I'm surprised the Bunny Girl anime is actually pretty decent. It could be a lot better if there wasn't an aura of smugness that I caught onto. The insufferable protagonist feels like some kind of author insert character that "gets it, man", but I don't think the show's self aware enough to explore how absolutely immature he is. Like, he asked a girl if she's on her period to antagonize her, that's always shitty and misogynistic no matter how awful she is. If he acted more like a believable person and/or they explored his massive personality flaws I'd enjoy it more. Another thing I caught onto is the series might be trying too hard to be High IQ, especially after dropping an arbitrary Schrödinger's Cat reference, which is unnessisery since there's already some potentially great metaphor going on here. Let's just see where this goes.

ZetsubouKaiji and Tomosane like this.
  9. knoxyal

knoxyal Active Member

Posted by knoxyal on Oct 6, 2018
    Ep1. Nice nice nice
    Uncringy quips, deadpan jokes, a mysterious sense of maturity, very few unnecessary scenes, pacing is smooooooth af. The adolescent syndrome is mystery enough to keep me watching.

10. worknboy

worknboy Well-Known Member

This one is going to be fun as hell! the writing is awesome. xD!

interregnum, SeiyaManG and PandaBeard like this.
  11. Tomosane

Tomosane Active Member

Episode 1
    I thought this show would be another one of those "guy wakes up next to a girl, and it turns out to be his sister", and he does, but he's not embarrassed at all, and it was not a funny scene at all. WHY ARE YOU CONFUSING MY EMOTIONS

And they somehow manage to get away with bringing up scat and Schrödinger's cat (it even rhymes!) in a span of less than 20 seconds. Other than that, seems like this is a bit like Monogatari, except it isn't some shifty middle aged guy giving advice to teenagers how to solve their problems, but a teen scientist. Also, it was slightly disturbing that the guy kept a picture of his beat up sister and had no trouble showing it to other people. Like, "isn't she a beauty?"

My only hope is that the show won't go too much into we live in a society and all that gamer jazz, and focuses more on deadpan humor and light drama. But alas, expectations are rarely met.

interregnum and worknboy like this.
  12. LoliSocks

LoliSocks New Member

I can't wait for more :smile:

BootyStank, worknboy and PandaBeard like this.
  13. PandaBeard

PandaBeard Member

Agreed! Wordy and interesting.

worknboy and interregnum like this.
  14. PandaBeard

PandaBeard Member

This is a fall season keeper.
    :love:

BootyStank and worknboy like this.
  15. commonxreaction

commonxreaction Well-Known Member

Definitely going to keep watching this, was a much more engaging series than I was expected from something titled "Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl."

I definitely agree with @Tomosane about it being Monogatari-esque, I got that vibe through the episode as well. Might be a little early to say this, but it also seems to be not as heavy handed with the ecchi. I'm definitely looking forward to more of this show. Really enjoying the back and forth with Sakuta and everyone else. And I'm hoping we will focus a little more on the mystery aspect as well.

16. DarkRay

DarkRay New Member

It kinda reminds me of Oregairu with the MC's way of thinking about life and the "atmosphere"

SeiyaManG likes this.
  17. knoxyal

knoxyal Active Member

Ep2.
    How does it feel like to be forgotten even by your mother? That’s got to be cruel. Also seems like this shishunki syndrome is a lot more widespread than I thought it was.
    -This show has a seriously nice ending song.
    -Pacing is still smooth af. This show is a potential anime of the season for me.

PandaBeard, interregnum and worknboy like this.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  18. BurntJelly

BurntJelly Active Member

It wasn't bad. Somewhat interesting. Ok character interactions.

Not enough bunny-girl service.

Felt like I was watching Oregairu.

19. BootyStank

BootyStank New Member

Holy shit man. Ep 2 was so impactful. This anime is soooo good right now. I CAN'T wait for ep 3. Looking forward for their relationship to grow and evolve.

20. knoxyal

knoxyal Active Member

*But...I think this show is doing well by keeping the bunny girl service to a minimum. I don’t want overt fanservice.

interregnum, worknboy and TurkeyGami like this.