Rail Wars!

were in the timeline does he say it, don't really care about the episode itself I just want to see that part.

Never mind I found it but...........

I'm not sure if he actually said that, may have been a little trolling from what ever sub group did it. I found 2 versions including this.

I was trying to pinpoint the word "harem" as when it's said, you can usually hear it, I couldn't make out "kawaii" either for cute but I'd lean on the pic I made to be more legit based on main guy's demeanor while making the comment.

Yeah, I think the translators had a bit of fun with it. With my limited knowledge of Japanese I understood he said something along the lines of 'Are you also part of that?' in response to her claiming he's surrounded by cute girls. But I much prefer the other translation (¬‿¬)

So, Pink has finally embraced her yandere side and is working hard to keep them bitches off her man. Way to go! I was kind of hoping for a showdown between her and Sakurai at the end, but the damn idol had to step in and ruin the moment. And man, was there some drama in this episode. Like, some real emotional drama and shit. I don't know how to handle that.
Yeah, some screentime and characterisation for Muscles-kun! He likes food, huh? Guy knows what's up. Good job.

ERHMERGERD! Is that a real train?! And they're actually gonna drive it and whatnot? NO. FREAKIN'. WAY! But way to keep up the bitch image, Sakurai. Personal fights are way more important than the general safety of your peers. I always thought it's kind of hot when guys know how to take care of things. Even though in the end he crashed the train, probably killing them all... Please drive some more trains, Takayama :megusta:
My lord, MC-kun is hella buff! Dat bath scene, some eye candy for the ladies at last. Please take off your shirt more often, Takayama. :megusta:

Holy cameltoe! (picture might not be SFW)
ZkSn9YU.gif
But(t) for realz though, who designed those dresses Pink and Sakurai were wearing? They're ugly as hell and don't suit their body type at all. Pffsshh, there are way cuter options than that. Get out of here, newbs.

And of course, Iida is still the best:
psVFmjJ.png

Look at that. Her face is a 10/10

Last edited:
were in the timeline does he say it, don't really care about the episode itself I just want to see that part.

Never mind I found it but...........

I'm not sure if he actually said that, may have been a little trolling from what ever sub group did it. I found 2 versions including this.

I was trying to pinpoint the word "harem" as when it's said, you can usually hear it, I couldn't make out "kawaii" either for cute but I'd lean on the pic I made to be more legit based on main guy's demeanor while making the comment.

Oh well that makes me a bit sad now. I think your right, I went back and just tried to listen to what they were saying rather looking at the subs and I couldn't hear "harem" or "kawaii" either so Ailly is probably right about it being "Are you also a part of that?".

Still there was plenty of hilarity in this episode even without that line.

Woah, I'm not even sure how to process that actual train things happened in this episode and Vest-guy got more lines here than I think he's had in the last six episodes combined, even if they were all about food. Hell, I even laughed (or well, smirked) a handful of times with the show instead of just in confused exasperation, but plenty of that too. Small victories my fellow viewers, small victories.

Little did I know my yandere joke would actually have substance. Should the Japanese public be concerned that absolutely everyone responsible for their security is utterly batshit and vendetta prone? Probably.
imagesmall_zpsd11f4c39.jpg

Takayama is apparently very frail. Too cold out? Collapses. Too warm? Collapses. Take off his shirt...ripped as fuck? Takayama-kun doesn't just love trains, he apparently lifts them too. Clearly, he is still adapting to his new human habitat. He exhibited a fair level of self-awareness on several levels for a harem MC this episode, I welcome your no doubt temporary rise to sentience Carp-kun.

CHRIST THAT CAMELTOE

Maid-friend=stealth bastion of sanity amidst all this.

I also like how we're over half-way through the season and the ostensible Big Bads from all the plot descriptions still haven't reared their heads in any substantive way, not even a shadowy figure being all "and I would have gotten away with it too if hadn't been for those meddling, psycho kids and their big butts!" or whatever.

Oh this show, this terrible, terrible show.

Last edited:
This made me lol. And I don't lol often. Also makes me wonder if carps have weird fascinations with trains.

Thrawn, I think we should just use your nicknames as I tend to forget their real names as well. But for comprehension's sake, here's a little list:
- Takayama = MC-kun
- Haruka = Pink
- Sakurai = Aoi = Red = Bitch-san
- Iida = Brunette With the Knockers = Leader-san
- Muscles-kun = That One Guy = I really have no idea what his name is.

For the sake of completeness (because it threw me when the name came up in dialogue when she was off-screen), let's include
- Sassho = Blonde = train sound collector = maid-cafe waitress = MC's former classmate

Since five seems to be a magic number these days, perhaps we'll have to remember the idol or another candidate as well. Maybe Hitomi Gono (the instructor/security chief?)
I really hoped we'd have a reason to learn Muscles-Kun's name by now (Iwaizumi if you must know, Sho to his friends but he doesn't seem to have any.)

I swear, half the time you people are bullshitting their supposedly real names. Except for Takeru/Takayama.

Sassho (Who?) = Blonde (She was blonde?) = Train Sound Collector (???) = Maid-Cafe Waitress (Now her I remember!) = MC's former classmate (Only way she can be related to MC aside from her being a childhood friend)

Hell yeah we gotta remember the idol! She so wants MC because he is a total chick magnet.
Hitomi is a girls name so is that the hot stoic black-haired babe with the glasses?
Iwaizumi? That's as goofy as Iila, Sho is a nicknamey name but if I use that, I wouldn't know who I would be referring to.

And finally caught up to ep7.
I stand corrected ... Sassho is more of a light brown than blonde, but we could call her "AudiofanMaid" if that helps. Takayama treats her as a friend and confidant, but she obviously has a crush on him too, because reasons. And yes, Hitomi Gono is the "hot stoic black-haired babe with glasses" who seems to be both chief security instructor and head of security. (She gets to call up whole traincars full of storm troopers when she needs them.) She doesn't seem to have noticed MC yet.
I will take credit for naming
the idol as a harem candidate
because there it was at the tail end of ep7.
(Actually, I think the beginning is also usually a "tail end" with most episodes of this series.)

And forgot to share my confusion at one part of ep6:
Are they so eager to provide us with fan service that they don't even explain how Pink/Koumi loses every last stitch of clothing? One moment she's still got an oxford shirt and presumably underwear, next she is starkers. Blink and you'll miss it. She seemed to be saying she did it for Takayama, but I didn't see any interaction with the masked guys chasing them.

And when their 3 colleagues joined them, there was only one small comment on her condition, Red/Sakurai/Aoi saying "Takayama, why are you making her strip?"
At least Iida or the head trainer could have said "You're out of uniform, cadet!"

As the intentional comedy level drops, the unintentional comedy is increasing, making this almost watchable.

Are they so eager to provide us with fan service that they don't even explain how Pink/Koumi loses every last stitch of clothing?

As the intentional comedy level drops, the unintentional comedy is increasing, making this almost watchable.

A: Yes.

1407433735377_zps6dd14640.gif

Oh Rail Wars, that's not how clothes work.

^Thanks, that makes it perfectly clear.
The railway uniforms must be a new formulation made of tissue paper for easier recycling.

And finally caught up to ep7.
I stand corrected ... Sassho is more of a light brown than blonde, but we could call her "AudiofanMaid" if that helps. Takayama treats her as a friend and confidant, but she obviously has a crush on him too, because reasons. And yes, Hitomi Gono is the "hot stoic black-haired babe with glasses" who seems to be both chief security instructor and head of security. (She gets to call up whole traincars full of storm troopers when she needs them.) She doesn't seem to have noticed MC yet.
I will take credit for naming
the idol as a harem candidate
because there it was at the tail end of ep7.
(Actually, I think the beginning is also usually a "tail end" with most episodes of this series.)

And forgot to share my confusion at one part of ep6:
Are they so eager to provide us with fan service that they don't even explain how Pink/Koumi loses every last stitch of clothing? One moment she's still got an oxford shirt and presumably underwear, next she is starkers. Blink and you'll miss it. She seemed to be saying she did it for Takayama, but I didn't see any interaction with the masked guys chasing them.

And when their 3 colleagues joined them, there was only one small comment on her condition, Red/Sakurai/Aoi saying "Takayama, why are you making her strip?"
At least Iida or the head trainer could have said "You're out of uniform, cadet!"

See?! See! I KNEW Blondie was a totally bonkers name for a chick that I don't remember/cannot recall without referring to her hair or chest size because all the dames have fine butts and I cannot differentiate between said booty.
"Audiofanmaid"?

The crush is because he's awesome as that totally bitchin' train that goes all zoom-zoom with a bunch of locomotives and cars and stuff.

Admittedly, I immediately understood who "hot stoic black-haired babe with glasses" was before Hitomi Go. And I didn't entirely realize she was security chief, head of security or any of that. Wouldn't be surprised if I forgot or never realized and just understood her as a higher-up who is not only gorgeous but completely awesome.
If MC notices her, I'm transferring to that ship. Unless there's a Security Chief of Sexiness x Leader-San ship that has a chance of happening. That has my full backing.

:seriously:
Every single one of you punks are questioning this completely needed, unexplainable fanservice of Pink losing her clothes as the episode progressed and got dumber until she was in her birthday suit. Any explanation I try and give will be utter bullshit but if there was an ass shot of perfect finery then that would have been my explanation.

A: Yes.

1407433735377_zps6dd14640.gif

Oh Rail Wars, that's not how clothes work.

I retract my previous statement. And now have a bad case of the giggles.

Oh yeah, I forgot all about the bitter lessons of the train-driving disaster (fortunately simulated.)

Clearly Takayama and company will not achieve full satisfaction in their careers until all his "associates" learn to pull together.

Unless there's a Security Chief of Sexiness x Leader-San ship that has a chance of happening. That has my full backing.
Good idea. Please take on the role of Fleet Admiral and handle all ship assignments from here on out.

Oh yeah, I forgot all about the bitter lessons of the train-driving disaster (fortunately simulated.)

Clearly Takayama and company will not achieve full satisfaction in their careers until all his "associates" learn to pull together.

Good idea. Please take on the role of Fleet Admiral and handle all ship assignments from here on out.

That was all Red's fault. She had to be a rebel and fuck up MC's only chance of being a totally pimpin' train driver of the Multi-Locomotive EC42, with locomotives in the front and back. Which is awesome.

More like- Oh, wait, you're right:

Muscles is muscles and no brain muscles.
Pink is kinda out of it/more MC and less train knowledge.
Red is Red.

Aye aye sir! Unfortunately, the only ships are Girls x MC and Leader-San x Security Chief of Sexiness, because that's the only romantic chemistry the show has and there is approximately four guys of any noteworthy appearances in the show. Three if you discount CEO's two-episode appearance. Two if you don't count that terrorist scumbag and those two aren't even in the romantic running. One because Muscles has no chemistry (Any type) with anybody aside from MC in the first episode or two where they bonded with their love of hot babes and jiggly parts.

Do you think MC-kun got so buff because of Red using him for target practice training him every chance she got.

Or am I still making the mistake of looking for sense in this senseless anime that 10% of people watch for the comedy, 10% for the train stuff and 90% for the girls (and/or boys) on it. (there is some overlap where people watch for the girls (and/or boys) and the trains going into and out of tunnels.)

Do you think MC-kun got so buff because of Red using him for target practice training him every chance she got.

Or am I still making the mistake of looking for sense in this senseless anime that 10% of people watch for the comedy, 10% for the train stuff and 90% for the girls (and/or boys) on it. (there is some overlap where people watch for the girls (and/or boys) and the trains going into and out of tunnels.)

Can you build muscle mass by getting smacked around?
It's possible that Red's abuse hulked him up but that would build up agility and slenderness from dodging her nut-shots and slaps to the face.

This is more reasonable. Sense in a show about ass and trains is ludicrous. And I'm one of the triple fiends: The sexy train action, the comedy of a train derailing from a mountainous obstruction and the booty shots.

Trains rolling deep into tunnels and derailing, sending all their cargo helter skelter cranks my engine.

Aye aye sir! Unfortunately, the only ships are Girls x MC and Leader-San x Security Chief of Sexiness, because that's the only romantic chemistry the show has and there is approximately four guys of any noteworthy appearances in the show. Three if you discount CEO's two-episode appearance. Two if you don't count that terrorist scumbag and those two aren't even in the romantic running. One because Muscles has no chemistry (Any type) with anybody aside from MC in the first episode or two where they bonded with their love of hot babes and jiggly parts.

Thrawn, pls. Who says you need romantic chemistry to ship? Let's see... Terrorrist x Sakurai (hate and love are basically the same thing, right?), Sakurai x Pink (fighting for MC-kun, but secretly they want each other), Muscles x Blondie (pair up the spares!), MC x Muscles (for all the fujoshi out there), Blondie x Pink (jealousy or sexual tension?), Sakurai x Idol (don't know, but why not?), Leader-san x Idol (that's why she didn't want MC-kun to look) and of course MC x Train. Everything is shippable if you try hard enough; if they share screen time, ship!

I watch it for plot and action scenes.
:troll:

Thrawn, pls. Who says you need romantic chemistry to ship? Let's see... Terrorrist x Sakurai (hate and love are basically the same thing, right?), Sakurai x Pink (fighting for MC-kun, but secretly they want each other), Muscles x Blondie (pair up the spares!), MC x Muscles (for all the fujoshi out there), Blondie x Pink (jealousy or sexual tension?), Sakurai x Idol (don't know, but why not?), Leader-san x Idol (that's why she didn't want MC-kun to look) and of course MC x Train. Everything is shippable if you try hard enough; if they share screen time, ship!

I watch it for plot and action scenes.
:troll:

Like the guy with the knuckles from Night of the Hunter?
Very logical :megusta: I'd get behind Pink x Sakurai any day.
No comment.
Maid x Pink? Definite tension there. Of the bust :megusta:
Sure. Girl x Girl is always logical and reasonable.
Because boners were had.
But which train? Unless he's a trainwhore or a gigolo for trains.

I was trying to apply logic and the notion that there is pretty much one guy in the show. After ripping into people for being logical in this show! WHY AM I A HYPOCRITICIZER.

Heheh :troll:

I'm assuming the new episode came out today, which means Blade Dance is tomorrow?

Episode 8

Hm. Did I skip an episode? It's raining, I think it was raining at the end of the last episode with Yandere, Tsundere and Idol-Babe flocking and being all woman with MC's habit of attracting hot chicks like George Clooney attracts babes.
And a mudslide occurs, because Hiroshima had a landslide/mudslide recently.

Love that little train car in the train parade in the OP.

-----------------

"I'll Deliver It", he definitely will :megusta:

Sorry, I cannot hear anything over all the implied thrusting. Riding the train he's driving? That language I understand! Especially because it is after an ass shot. Confirmed that it went from crotch to ass.

Wait, what? Best clothes? I have- wait, it was just now? And where's Pink? And I don't mind it. And there is Pink? I am so confused and yet I understand.

Landslide hits the Church?

Wait, what the fuck is Muscles doing here? And Maid? I totally realized it was Maid because of her funny name.
Ah, and SO YES. MC womanizes all the chicks.

NO DON'T LEAVE IDOL DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Shit is happening. It'll happen. Landslide? Terrorists? Landslide! WHO IS FUCKING RIGHT SON I AM FUCKING RIGHT.

MC is a cool guy, and love Pink and Red's identical expression of "You're pimping all the girls, you gigolo.

Oh, that was... quick. Landslide lasted a minute. Tops.

"Move the train! I have places to be!" Landslides can be cleared in minute- Terrorists! Must be terrorists. Cannot be anything related to idols or some main character.

Dang, organs? If it wasn't seedy I would not have guessed it.

NOT THE LIVER. MC knows the route, he can deliver the organs!

Hold the tits. Pink runs the slowest. Send MC or Red, they're faster. Or... Muscles, maybe.

Man MC is smart. He knows his shit.

FUCK YES MUSCLES IS DOING SHIT. Wait, Red too? Man, fuck this train of thought.

:seriously: God- ugh, fuck. I literally have to pause this. Ugh. The only way to deliver the organs harvested from the bathtub of ice is through a crusty old pass, and the only train is the ED42, the train they trained and failed miserably on in the simulation because everybody but MC was dicking around, being clueless or being a colossal douchey fucknut asshat who didn't know her fucking shit.

Spoilers: They make it on time.

Wait, is this a different train? Seriously? Ouch. I guess I don't know jack about trains.
Now I feel kinda bad... like really bad for doubting a show about ass and trains.

Those people are slowing Muscles down. He could push it right quick.

Wait, what? That shit was War and Peace. How did she read it in under 5 minutes?

Oh god... I'm turning into someone who questions all this logically logical bullshit!

Pfft, Muscles can handle that shit.
Red can help out a bit, I guess. And those yes. Man, I am approving of this so much.

Hey, don't we have organs to deliver?

Muscles is doing so much, and brought it to 500 V in 3 seconds. Eat your heart out cars!

OH, OH OH OH THIS IS THE DINKY CAR FROM THE OP THAT WAS KEEPING UP WITH THE BAZILLION CAR LOCOMOTIVES I JUST REALIZED THAT NOW

Man, this is like police or ambulances or fire trucks, where you zoom past lights because fuck lights.

Zoom zoom!

Oh, it's kinda like the simulation, except it's not. Unless red has to break it.

Thr- Sixteen left? Man they have a long way to go.

Heh, faceful of boobs :megusta: At least he has airbags.
Yup, neither one is making any move because it's so comfy.

Muscles is so good in this episode. He fixes stuff by charging it.

Regenerative Break? What?

Red is a walking murder machine, so she's right.

Wait, did she just right a train by pulling it?
FUCK YES FUCKING HEAR THAT FUCKING MUSIC KICKING THE FUCK IN THROUGH THE FUCKING DOOR LIKE A GUY WHO IS READY TO FUCKING PARTY ALL UP IN THIS MOTHERFUCKER BECAUSE THIS IS FUCKING MUSCLES FUCKING PULLING THIS SHIT

This is where it's fucking at. This is the shit right here!

Boom? Oh, it's just hot. Really? And crusing along, all chicka chicka boom.

Man, it got real good at the end. And everybody is saluting and it's awesome and stuff.

Wait, are you shitting me? Is this a two-parter? That wasn't the stop?! Then where are they? And 10 more tunnels? That was 6? That was not six. That was a tunnel and outdoors stuff. Man I don't know railways.

Land under the boobs! Avoid Muscles!
I love how they're all five feet in the air and tumbling towards MC. Who wouldn't gravitate towards the softest thing when they're falling?

Preview:
Mainly the end shot, where Muscles is FUCKING JACKED. I know he's Muscles but here he is the size of two girls. And there's a dog.

God I love this EP. It's utter nonsense but dat English :megusta:

Know why this episode is good? Muscles does shit.

Episode 8

FUCK YEAH! Can you believe it?! We got trains and shit this episode! And DOUBLE FUCK YEAH! Muscles-kun actually had some plot relevance here!
Why did that woman take the train to deliver the organs though? I mean, sure there was a traffic jam, but don't hospitals have helicopters for that shit? Or am I watching too many Hollywood movies again? And surely, the train would be the last option you should go for in this case. Pink couldn't deliver shit, her boobs would totally get in the way as has been demonstrated countless times before.
They suggest taking that old-ass train, but then don't bother to put some new batteries in it? Or just see if it works in the first place? Like, what? Get your act together, railway dudes.
tumblr_nap3cpPyFt1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Everyone is pretending to be flustered, but we all know they're enjoying it. They stayed way too long in that position not to have enjoyed it.
I'm no expert in physics, but wasn't that a bit too... unrealistic? Again, I don't know shit about tilting trains with your body and shit, but is it really possible to get something back on track just by pulling hard enough?
Hoo, cliffhanger at the end! I predict some boobs to the face for the MC. And if not that, there's definitely going to be some crotch-face interaction (whether from the girls or Mucles-kun).

Episode 8

tumblr_nap3cpPyFt1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Looking at those expressions, I'm not sure they're even flustered anymore. "Well, here we are again; such are our lives."

As always, some of our cast appear to be allergic to clothes.

Aoi and Pink agreeing not to fight over Takayama can only mean one thing. Polygamy end? I want to believe.

They do have to combine forces after all:

I mean look at all this jelly
1408861769775_zps4fc210b3.jpg

I did laugh a little when Pink started to speak up and got so thoroughly and immediately shut down by Idol. The harshest of burns. Better luck next time Pink.

Kidding aside, this episode was pretty decent as far as this show is concerned. Trains! Action! Vest guy doing plot relevant things!

Last edited:
ep8 - What we've been hungering for in one word: "Traaaaaaiiiiiiinnsssssss...."
The beginning was more over the top FS/harem fantasy, so that phone call arrived just in time to save the episode. But there were some chuckles ...
I had forgotten they were in the middle of a date/meeting gone wrong ... guess it's Idol's fault, she sent the note and the others just followed Takayama ... right?
- PInk/Haruka was going to try some yandere stuff and she just sat down ...
- Idol playing boob power games, literally with Takayama and figuratively with the others
- Idol gets all upset about Sassho despite the other girls being there first, apparently because she was irked to find that she will have to repeat all her rivalry smack talk

But once the emergency is called, we have a lot of good stuff.
Muscles does stuff! And he knows he's needed!
Not sure why Red had to sacrifice her party dress, but hey ...
And two-man stabilization crew - ludicrous but entertaining.
About Pink/Haruka's pillow fight with Takayama - I think their expressions aren't embarrassed at all, more like "was it good for you too?" They're not trying to hide it.
Is it safe to ignore a brake system going cherry red?
Is it safe to take hands off the levers to salute when you've got to constantly manage speed?
Cliffhanger!
Good fun, hope it continues next time.

Back