Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Zed, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

Posted by Zed on Aug 13, 2020
    MilissaSexclub and Nekus like this.
  2. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

Posted by Zed on Aug 13, 2020
    MilissaSexclub likes this.
  3. Nekus

Nekus Well-Known Member

Posted by Nekus on Aug 13, 2020
    Yooooooo This is so unexpected and early! I'm really happy! I guess the blu rays must have sold really well! (Or a ton of people download the game for some reason lol)

4. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Aug 13, 2020
    It's nice to see such a pleasant series is on its way back.

5. OmegaYami

OmegaYami Active Member

The show had that strong "konosuba vibe" that drew me in, and the last two episodes won my heart. I'll be jumping into the second season happily as soon as they release it!

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Nov 19, 2021

7. naterbug8278

naterbug8278 Well-Known Member

Man i am SO glad this show is back, was laughing my ass off a good chunk of the episode. After playing the game for the past year as well I've gotten more attached to these characters and am so excited for this

Nekus and Qplayer like this.
  8. Qplayer

Qplayer Well-Known Member

I'm pumped for this season. The prroduction seems better than ever. They were definitely flexing for some of those shots. These kinds of shows really hit their stride when they can just go wild and have fun with the characters without having to introduce them and worldbuild.

When Lost Princess started playing again :love:

Nekus likes this.
  9. Madoka

Madoka Silver Supporter

Posted by Madoka on Jan 10, 2022
    huh, no complaints here for this one. I admit i only watched season one a few months back and whilst it was okay, i was confused why they didn't use the games story as it is actually pretty good and compelling, so seeing a original was unexpected. All the same, i enjoyed it a bit, it's that kind of nice vibe where they can just do their own thing, be a bit silly and have fun, which is my kind of show.

First episode was just that too, no complaints here.

naterbug8278, Qplayer and Nekus like this.
  10. DGFischer

DGFischer Active Member

I was intrigued at Pecorine's longing glance at the palace before the guild went on their quest for ... delicious (albeit, barf-producing) food. She has a secret to reveal, much like Yuuki, who has a background we need to learn more about. He seems to have upped his magic game with that sword he seems to know how to use.

This season has so much promise!

11. KazeVongola

KazeVongola Well-Known Member

S2 is still just as comfy and cute as ever. Not to mention it looks and sounds great, if only other gacha adaptations got the same treatment. Here's hoping that Arknights will be good.
    Its amazing how a 5 second slideshow could tell a more compelling and sympathetic story than most seasonal anime do in 13-24 episodes.

Qplayer likes this.
  12. Dhaifz

Dhaifz Active Member

Posted by Dhaifz on Feb 1, 2022
    Ep 4:
    holy macaroni, this is the same studio isn't it? man this week episode was insane.

13. DGFischer

DGFischer Active Member

Yuuki ... rocketed to [somewhere] when his distant planet exploded. Not a Superman yet, but you catch the idea that he was quite the valiant type in his former existence.

But ... how many of the Gourmet Guild might just have followed him from that former existence to what they have now?

14. DGFischer

DGFischer Active Member

Remember that crazy confusion at the end of season one and the need for another helping of thirteen episodes to clear that all up? Well, we are entering the last fourth of the second season ... and PC:ReDive got some 'splainin to do!

But episode nine and the battle set. Wow! M.C. Escher styled dimensions in the use of CGI. It has been a wild ride, but we need to sync up the Gourmet Guild and unravel all these secrets and sub-plots.

15. Madoka

Madoka Silver Supporter

Man i love the ED song for this season, it's so mellow but with a sad hint to it, which goes hand in hand perfectly with Kokoro's images.

Ep 10
    Interesting twist, nice to see Pecorine fighting for her true position finally, and equally, the people accepting her. I remember in the game when Jun and the other knights ignore her when she pleas her true identity... nice to see her come out on top!

16. Xnub

Xnub Active Member

Posted by Xnub on May 2, 2022
    This face and those crazy dogs that always try to eat him still the best lol
    [​IMG]

Other then that the show was alright but has bad pacing making the main story feel rocky. It also leaves lots of unanswered questions at the end arc that are probably covered if you play the game.

3-3.5/5 was still fun, mostly those last episodes.

Madoka likes this.
    Last edited: May 2, 2022
  17. Madoka

Madoka Silver Supporter

Posted by Madoka on May 3, 2022
    Whilst it does... kind of, it fails at this. See the anime doesn't really follow the game story, it loosely has some aligning events which coincide to tell a similar story but it's the same as asking a kid to write a summary of the first Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings books for their report in class, it was condensed from a huge and subjectively good story to a short more comedy/slice of life one which some action.

... which was a shame, I love Slice of life but this show actually had plot potential. Though i will give credit where it's due, the general take on both sides work, the slice of life was fun and the action was good in the ending. As you say, it was mostly fun, if nothing else it was a very average show with some cute moments.

18. Teoca317

Teoca317 Well-Known Member

I probably liked this season more than the first. I play the mobile game, and I think prior knowledge about the characters and plot improved my experience. Although, I don't think you need to play the game, because the anime does a good job introducing the characters and main storyline.
    I wish Shizuru was more involved in this season. (She's my favorite) I think she was featured in a few scenes in the second season. While, in the first season, she had a whole episode dedicated to her.
    Also, when Anna appeared in the 11th? 12th? episode, it made me so excited. And, she did her signature pose, which was awesome
    All in all, I enjoyed this season, and I hope there will be more.

Madoka likes this.
  19. Madoka

Madoka Silver Supporter

Sure this show finished like 2 seasons ago lol.

I think it's hard to appreciate anything without playing the game, I was able to enjoy this show because I knew the characters I thus could enjoy seeing them in a mostly SoL series but for newcomers it probably isn't easy to follow.
    The anime mostly follows a unique story, it never properly introduces any of the 7 crowns and really aside from Christine bad, it didn't touch on much else. I was hoping to see Muimi and the others, Christine arrested and the arcs which follow etc but I can appreciate it chose a alternative route to follow.

Teoca317 likes this.