Prince of Stride: Alternative

8 & 9
Well, I'm guessing they aren't going to win EOS. I'm also guessing this series isn't going to get a Season 2. If it does, I doubt i'll watch it anyway. I guess there's not much I can expect at this point then.

The OP is alright, so there's that.

9 would of been one of the better episodes if it had kept going with the first part, instead of stemming into a pool episode... I mean, we already had a beach episode.

I haven't had a snow cone in forever.

Bleah, I really hope this shit doesn't sell well enough to get a second season. I don't want Madhouse wasting resources on this when they could be doing more interesting stuff.

10:

takeriku.gif

So, are you guys going to start banging yet? I'm sorry, but I actually can't take any of this shit seriously.

10:

takeriku.gif

So, are you guys going to start banging yet? I'm sorry, but I actually can't take any of this shit seriously.

I'm not up to date, but that's ridiculous. They even put the rain in to make it seem more Free like with water... Looks like I made a bad decision to watch this.

Trust me dude, it gets even better shortly after that with a corny ass high five and the most cheesy as fuck music you'll ever hear playing in the background.

I'm sure Tents can vouch for it too, that was easily the "best" moment in this melodramatic shitstain of an episode and I also actually agree this was the worst episode so far.

TI'm sure Tents can vouch for it too, that was easily the "best" moment in this melodramatic shitstain of an episode and I also actually agree this was the worst episode so far.
I truly did wish they would hold hands and kiss.

And yeah, this show does resemble Free and I am sure that's what they went for with this as Free was a success. This, however, is drowning in the sadness rain of mediocrity.

I didn't realize this was based on a game until I looked up the episode count.
But, ignoring that, are we to believe that the entire EOS Tournament is going to be resolved in two episodes? Cause at this point, that could be a red flag for another season of this.

Other than that, I wonder what the appeal of Fried Noodle Bread is... I feel like it would have a weird consistency, or texture..

Episode 11:

This show is so damn stupid.
Three of the main characters knew each other and even vowed to stride together, but they acted like complete strangers at the start of the season. That is just piss poor writing to hide their past so they could try to wring some pathos out of this episode with the flashbacks. They could have just known each other at the start, but have forgotten the promise and they slowly remembered over the course of the season. It would have made more sense and it would have had the same effect this episode. Shit, they could even have some legit drama with Riku not wanting to fulfill the promise because he didn't want to stride anymore.

As far as this anime goes the episode was actually okay because it was mostly a race, but it was bogged down with too much pre-race talking, although that would be more interesting if the characters weren't just stock archetypes.

Not the worst episode of this show. Meh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Episode 11

Blah, are you telling me they all have
some kind of collective amnesia? Give me a fucking break. That trope is annoying as hell. Takeru was the only one who took the vow seriously while those other two just derped big time. I'd be no friends with assholes like that.

At least Riku is over his idiotic brother issue. Also stop babbling and run already. Sheesh.

Well, let's get this over with.

If we're going with the destiny angle, then maybe the series won't have a second season. They'll win EOS, and it'll be super rushed, but at least it'll be over.

I wish it didn't end with this random boy band song...

It was a race, but the course was really obscure, and the drama was pretty watered down. It didn't feel like they wouldn't win, and it doesn't feel like they won't win during the final.

Otherwise, I pretty much agree with ZK & Tents.

So I finally caught up on this. Yeh its not great... What was that crap about forgetting they knew each other. How does that even happen. Such crap story writing. The problem with this show is the lack of strides. The matches are actually pretty fun and enjoyable, but they are over so quick and there are so few of them. I enjoyed the stride part of this episode and look forward to the final, but the rest of the crap is getting on my nerves.

Also, I find myself wanting this show to go full bore on the surreal angle. The course they run in episode 11 is just plain bonkers. They start out in some cathedral looking place, run through insanely twisted roads, and then head into a place that looks like a desert. The design doesn't make a lick of sense, but it makes the races more interesting to watch. If that were the focus rather than the played out drama then this could be entertaining.

Also, I find myself wanting this show to go full bore on the surreal angle. The course they run in episode 11 is just plain bonkers. They start out in some cathedral looking place, run through insanely twisted roads, and then head into a place that looks like a desert. The design doesn't make a lick of sense, but it makes the races more interesting to watch. If that were the focus rather than the played out drama then this could be entertaining.

Yeh that was weird. And I'm not sure if they mentioned it, but is each leg only 400m with 1600 in total? Because I didn't know and then they mentioned something about Yagamis 400m speed being bad but his 1000 being good. It'd be odd if it was only 1600 total, because that's so short in reality when they make the races seem quite long. And how can the scenery change so much in just 1600m too...

Episode 12:

Well, that was a garbage finale. What an underwhelming way to show they won the race in the end. The episode was trying to make it about the journey, but the entire episode was the guy's spouting the same old sports cliches. Most other sports anime use cliches to some extent, but the good ones don't just repeat them verbatim like this for twenty solid minutes. Plus, if I actually care about the characters then I might buy into the emotional jibber jabber a bit more.

Sucky anime with a shit finale. 3 out of 10

Well, last episode at least. :pokerface:
I regret starting this series.

So... the top comment on this site is, in regards to Takeru & Riku: "Omg!!!! I ship them!! Am i the only one who founded this adorable!!!?? <33
And I just love how they run!!!! <333"

I also feel obliged to mention their screen name is "DatFanboyThough."

So... they basically ignored the final race in lieu of monologue, and none of it felt like it mattered.

Glad it's over.

The best part about this is that after watching this I got the Madhouse badge.

What.The.Hell
They seriously did that? They wasted the majority of the episode on crap and the final race was over in 2 minutes and they showed no running at all. And they just skipped the climax completely!! I was expecting a good race this episode but that was the worst of the series. Way to screw up a series more than it already was with a rubbish ending.

3/5
Had some enjoyable parts and some strides were good, but the focus was all muddled up and executed very poorly. Pretty stupid they created a whole new sport to base the series around and hardly spent any time exploring it or showing it off...

With the series just ending, but still fresh in your mind now is a good time to write new recommendations for the series or to revise old recommendations. These recommendations are very helpful to the site even if you're just agreeing with existing recommendations. Just give a brief idea of why you think someone that liked one series would like another.

Now is also a great time to write reviews, even if it's just one line to summarize your feelings about the series. You can even just copy and paste your final thoughts about the series. For these one line or short impressions type of reviews just leave the setting at people visiting my profile. Even though these reviews will only be seen by people that visit your profile they are still very helpful to the site and could be the deciding factor for someone to watch or not watch a series.

Of course if you want to do a full on review then that is highly encouraged. Professional level writing isn't needed to write a full on review. Just a few paragraphs explaining your opinion on the series. For this type of review switch it to Share with everyone and it will visible to anyone that visits the page for that anime.

Thanks in advance,

ZK

Back