Post something we don't know about you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than Rock Band/Guitar Hero I've never sold a single game that I own (had to sell them when we were moving because the instrument controllers would have been a pain to pack up). Not even the crap ones/games I can't stand.
Similar, I once got rid of a perfectly good Sega Genesis when I got a GameCube, which broke 2 years later. Gawd, if only 7 year old me had any self-respect as a gamer.

Similar, I once got rid of a perfectly good Sega Genesis when I got a GameCube, which broke 2 years later. Gawd, if only 7 year old me had any self-respect as a gamer.
How did the gamecube break after only 2 years? I've had mine for well over a decade and it still works just fine (it even still saves the BIOS settings)!

As for selling the Genesis... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm more of a Super Nintendo guy but selling a Genesis or similar console is like, no, to me. Unless it's broken, but still! I hope you at least played Phantasy Star on it...

How did the gamecube break after only 2 years? I've had mine for well over a decade and it still works just fine (it even still saves the BIOS settings)!

As for selling the Genesis... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm more of a Super Nintendo guy but selling a Genesis or similar console is like, no, to me. Unless it's broken, but still! I hope you at least played Phantasy Star on it...
Yeah my parents knew nothing of gaming and i was too young to know. I had 3 sonic games and genesis aladdin, that's all i remember.

I know my GC broke probably because of people yanking it out of the shelf by tripping on the damn chorded controllers.

I was a pretty cynical shit as a kid. Two mascot guys, dressed up as Franklin, and Clifford came to my school one day, and when one of them leaned down, I tried to rip one of their masks off, calling them fakers. I certainly wasn't a very good little girl.

Last edited:
I'm not a pure-blood Canadian, I am half Trinidadian.

giphy.gif

I'm not a pure-blood Canadian, I am half Trinidadian.

In all the years I've been here this might be the most shocking and game changing thing I've read on the forum. I always thought our Thrawn was so purely Canadian that maple syrup ran through his veins. I mean how else could anyone still sound so polite and nice when ripping an anime episode apart?Now I don't even know how his Trinidadian side even survives the cold Canadian winter.

My world will never be the same.

*raises hand*

Got a scar under my left eye since I was 2 years old. I love to tell people it's because I was in a knife fight (it was my favourite metallic toy car and stupid child me didn't wanna let it go when I fell down the kitchen bank).

Also got one on my left upper hand. I helped a friend move after a Satyricon gig on speed and only 3 hours of sleep, so I was pretty drowsy and therefore my hand got caught between his sofa and the edge of a concrete wall while we got it out of the van. He drove me to the hospital on a Saturday and I spent almost 3 hours in the waiting room together with an old dude who had a head wound. Fun times.

My dad had one of those. My video game background is actually pretty sparse due to my dad being of the "violent video games enables antisocial behavior in children" school of thought, which meant I had very little besides the sonic games.
Aaaand he fuckin' sold that thing eventually, too. Yeah I didn't use it much when we got a PS2, but I sure would still like to have it.

No one can pronounce my name on the first try. The only people who can have met people with a similar name.
A German language professor told me 'Your name should not be pronounced that vay. What happened?'
I've taken pride in having a name that baffles everyone.
I just present myself as "Martin" to non-Scandinavians since everyone else just ends up going Mauwritaaayn when trying to say my real name, even if I already spelled it out for them. It's not even some tricky tongue twister. Ironically, a Japanese person is more likely to pronounce it correctly on the first try than an English-speaking person.

I usually prefer wearing boxers, than actually wearing panties. I dunno, panties, just don't appeal to me.
I hate constrictive clothing so much that my brother accuses me of wearing tents instead of boxers. My life quality would probably increase dramatically if I just wore a kilt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1. Because of this weird color-coded birthday calendar thing we had in my class from 1st through 4th grade, I thought August was a month of Autumn until I was like 16.
I apparently somehow went years and years without ever entering into a context where someone describes August as a month of summer.
It's been ten years now, and I still feel August as a month of Autumn. I'm still unable to internalize it as a summer month. That's some scary shit when thinking about indoctrination in children, making them believe something as just an uncontroversial fact of reality. A dumb calendar thing made by kids putting August on the orange instead of the green part is something that's actually deeply affected my moral views. (it was a cardboard train with each wagon being color coded to the seasons.)

#2. The internet has broken me. I'm literally better at English grammar than Norwegian. Without the digital dictionary Clue, my language skills would probably have remained entirely parasitic to each other.
fart.png

#3. My face scares little children. On multiple occasions, I've visibly frightened children without even interacting with them. Be they strangers or the youngest in my family. I have a bit of a resting bitch face, which could explain it, but I seem to scare them even more by smiling.
The most direct example of this is when I was stocking shelves in a store, and this lady passes by with a kid in a stroller. The kid, couldn't have been much more than 3, then went "mommy, he wus scawwy."
M8Q2YAZ.gif

#4. I talk really loud, and I can't really control it. I simply perceive my volume as normal like you would your own breathing rhythm. And I can't really consistently keep a "medium" voice, which means my secondary voice of choice is one people barely can hear unless I'm sitting right next to them.
I have a pretty bad complex about this, particularly since it apparently ties into my autism spectrum diagnosis(differences in auditory perception). It's the one thing I don't have any real control over on that front, and it sucks.

Last edited:
#4. I talk really loud, and I can't really control it. I simply perceive my volume as normal, like you would your own breathing rhythm. And I can't really consistently keep a "medium" voice, which means my secondary voice of choice is one people barely can hear unless I'm sitting right next to them.
something similar, but i used to talk really really fast when i was a kid, everyone, friends or family, always used to tell me to slow down, because they have no freakin' clue what i'm saying, since i would be swallowing half my words.

1. I was graduated to university from secondery school but really i was full illness and i donnot remember my school what was or really where was and who was my friends and i donnot know anything about my books in the seondary and iam looks like Clueless

Hmm what could I say that others wouldn't know about? Something interesting...

I don't like flying?
I fly quite a bit to visit mum's side of the family, and yet despite how often I fly I still can't help but feel anxious on a plane.

Something else, something else...

I place cups down too hard. This matters when it is of a hard material like... glass. I don't know why, but I just can't help but slightly slam it when placing it. I have to make an effort not to. I suppose I am just heavy handed.

This sounds like fun :3

I am kinda a princess, a bit girly. I'm afraid of a lot of stuff in terms of animals, the worst is mice by faaaaaar. I abandoned my room one night when one was crawling around somewhere and I brought the dog in there to hopefully get it, then went upstairs to sleep on the floor (and I was about 20 at the time). Chickens, snakes, crabs, fish, most things really. It's easier making a list of stuff I don't fear - dog/cat/ferret/hamster, or some farm animals like cows / goats / sheep / horses / pigs & of course wolves.

The contradictory piece to this is I am a massive animal lover mainly cats & dogs, and greatly prefer their company to people, would definitely prefer several pets over ever having a kid xD. I have a bit of a gift that animals that are typically hostile to strangers, tend to be tame towards me.

Okay, one more because I am pretty comfortable being me, and was just talking to my friend on Steam about this as it came up. I think this one is pretty unique, considering it's entirely by choice and not due to sport or something, and I am straight.
It might be considered unusual for a guy, and I couldn't care less, but I trim to really short (not shave, due to irritation) my legs/arms. I must say, I can see why ladies tend to do it, feels so much more comfortable lol. It's not on a phobia leve , but I do dislike hair a lot, the head is the only place I can accept it on, but it just really disturbs me and feels so odd and unclean in general. I am sure there are others out there like that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back