Pop Team Epic 2nd Season

Episode 4:

This episode was highly merf. It wasn't as mworf was last week's episode, but that was one of the mworfiest episodes of the season.

I just want the train battlers to come back. Those were the glory days.

Episode 5:

The Shining Shoulds OP was the highlight of the episode. Amusingly, I liked the male version more because their English was worse, so it struck close to home for all the Engrish OPs.

Like I've been saying, we need to NORMALIZE CHEEZY THEME SONGS
I really felt it when B-Side was cancelled, it was like my own son died.

Man the male half was actually better this time, I lost my shit with popuko screaming at the beginning.

I super like it when they put a lot of effort into the male and female VA halves of the episode and this is the perfect example of leveraging all the time they have to make that happen, with a barely animated long segment where they could afford completely different character designs instead of being lazy.

But my favorite part is still auto-tracking. Video game logic jokes aren't funny but that one still made me laugh a lot somehow. The hitbox on the flower especially.

I... I don't know what to say.

Incredible.

Just incredible. They even got my man Danpei in there from ashita no joe.

There's nothing more I can add to this beauty. Its art that speaks for itself.

10/10/10/10

Last edited:
Episode 7:

Does any show treat its animators better than this one? Picture this you're an overworked animator, you show up for work and the producer says "nah, go home. We don't need any animation. Go enjoy your life." Then sends them off with a pat on the bum.

Ep 8

bA3Ci55.png

Sekiro reference?

Episode 10:

You know what really fucks me up about this show? This episode makes the most basic bitch overused The Matrix reference, then I realize I haven't actually seen that reference in years and it's actually kinda funny and random. They waited long enough to make a stale joke work again. I don't even know what to think of that.

E1oxu2w.png

There was a gag this season that had the guest voice actors complaining that nobody ever asked them about their work on Pop Team Epic. Well, thanks to Pop Team Epic, Aoi Shouta's name will be known far and wide, and across the universes.

Consistently good shit. I give this 2 Yuichi Nakamuras out of 2, with a +1 TM Revolution for the yucks.

Back