Out of all the anime tracking sites out there, why do you prefer Anime-Planet?What do you like best?

Aniosophy

I think this is a good enough time as any to ask this age-old question. I know there are a bunch of anime tracking sites out there like MAL, Anilist, Kitsu, Anime-Planet, AniDB, etc., with some of them also having official apps or third-party apps that auto sync with their databases. Some of them focus more on the anime community side of things, while others put a heavier focus on supporting anime reviews, so I wanted to ask you guys here, what site (or sites) do you prefer to use, and why? What features do you look for in a site or app? Also what feature do you really dislike that some other sites do or do not have?

AP has shinier and better functioning UI compared to any other anime tracking site. At that numerous of the others just rip off the others set up while adding their own logo. AP looks nicer and functions better, while not looking like any of the others. And, despite what I might say in the political threads, AP has one of the best userbases out of any anime site. And, Sothis is a fucking champ. There's a lot of things you can do here that feel a lot more welcoming than any other site. Simply put it's just better.

I personally like AP because it was very user friendly. I tried to use MAL once and if I'm going to be honest I was a little confused where to go and what to do on there and then I found AP and I was able to find what I needed very easily.

I like how AP has a friendly community with both people and staff, which are more laid back and bother to help keep the site fun. it's simple to use and fun to navigate.

We all know the only reason anyone would want to use this site is me. I'm just awesome.

Aesthetic and ease of use. Most sites are little more than a fancy bit of express sheet or will crash every few seconds trying to load a browser extension.

Like others said I like the interface more than others. I also like how unlike some other tracking sites you can see when a new show comes out by seeing if you can +EP. I do wish there was a thing saying when ep will be out. Maybe a calendar or something. But outside of that one thing this site has most everything I need

The shitposts- I mean the ease of use. I haven't been on here for a while but this will always be my preferred site to use.

AP has shinier and better functioning UI compared to any other anime tracking site. At that numerous of the others just rip off the others set up while adding their own logo. AP looks nicer and functions better, while not looking like any of the others. And, despite what I might say in the political threads, AP has one of the best userbases out of any anime site. And, Sothis is a fucking champ. There's a lot of things you can do here that feel a lot more welcoming than any other site. Simply put it's just better.
Femcore said it all.

Plus I’ve been here for almost 14 years and I don’t like change.

I only use MAL other than Anime-Planet (but only since 2020 compared to 2014 for Anime-Planet). The user interface and overall site design are what made me loyal throughout all these years. It has the cleanest and up-to-date design (while other anime tracking sites look like they are stuck in a time loop in the 2005 Myspace era lol). Moreover, the list option is one of the most useful things ever. Whenever there is a long series with many sequels/specials/OVAs I can easily find a competent watching guide here, which is a great time saver. Also, all the people I interacted with here were friendly. The mods from what I've seen seem to be understanding and not going Gestapo on their users like on other sites.

It was the first and only anime tracking site I'll ever use tbh. It has such a nice, simple layout so it's much more easier to navigate the website, and the community's really friendly!!

Like others said I like the interface more than others. I also like how unlike some other tracking sites you can see when a new show comes out by seeing if you can +EP. I do wish there was a thing saying when ep will be out. Maybe a calendar or something. But outside of that one thing this site has most everything I need

Try to use Livechart.me they have scheduled and count down for episodes in all airing anime (they have a site and app) i think it's the best partner for Anime-Planet

The monthly box of complimentary zucchini that they mail to my door ever since I became a gold member is pretty nice.

Back