Ouran High School Host Club

Not that it needs a remake, but if they're remaking Fruits Baskets, I feel like this would be the next in line. Or at least make another season.

Not sure how they’d link up another season, as the ending is anime original and quite different from the manga. On another note, some aspects haven’t aged well. Who here remembers mini-discs?

Last edited:
Not sure how they’d link up another season, as the ending is anime original and quite different from the manga. On another note, some aspects haven’t aged well. Who here remembers mini-discs?
vmpquv.jpg

That's true, but then again, they did remake Fullmetal Alchemist...but I agree about the mini-discs. Need to give these kids some iPhones.

Finished my re-watch, and I loved this just as much the second time around. A wonderful feel good series. Favorite episodes have to be any the twins star in, the flashback episode where we see how Kyoya and Tamaki became friends, and the Alice in Wonderland episode.

2mhsy7n.jpg
The animation wasn't always of the highest quality (see the blank space in the crook of Tamaki's arm), but the imagery was always great.

k3ko0m.jpg
This reference to what was about to happen was special.

2w6b128.jpg

And the teddy bear tattoo... A reference to the lovely item Kasunoda was given?

I truly love this anime. It is a reverse harem but I don't mind that. And it is funny and romance is slapped right on it. Totally recommend seeing it.

I actually love the reverse harem feels for this anime and the overall romantic comedy vibe. It's also one of those few anime where I don't even skip the opening songs. I just love it! Kiss Kiss fall inlove! :D

Really, really like this anime. I'm rewatching it even.
Love how the characters, despite appearing to be cliche, have really well-developed backstories. I also enjoy how there are "life lessons" included, which can also be taken personally. Really eye-opening, and entertaining! 10/10 recommend, absolutely unforgettable.

Really, really like this anime. I'm rewatching it even.
Love how the characters, despite appearing to be cliche, have really well-developed backstories. I also enjoy how there are "life lessons" included, which can also be taken personally. Really eye-opening, and entertaining! 10/10 recommend, absolutely unforgettable.

I think Ouran High School Host Club is a perfect anime that will make you laugh. It's one of my favorite animes, I've seen it a dozen times if not more. In my opinion, it's one of, if not the absolute best slice of life anime. The jokes are funny, the characters are genuinely likable, and it's really good at making you care about them. To me, it's just a cute, funny story that still makes me laugh out loud. Overall 10/10

tenor.gif

Anyone know where I can watch this in Japanese, subbed or not? Funimation offers both dubs to like episode 4 and then it’s dubbed only which frustrated the hell out of me as I’m studying Japanese and I watch anime for listening comprehension. I was enjoying this and I’d like to continue it.

Honestly, this is one of my favorite anime. The opening is one almost everyone knows. Kiss Kiss Fall in Love! The cast of unique characters is incredible: the twins, the silent helper, the childlike character, the person who maintains composure. I love the fourth-wall breaks and the different settings/plot for each episode. I wish we had a second season or a remake, but we can only hope for the best!

Back