Otaku Elf

Episode 2.
I have never got the whole blind bag thing. Who wants to spend money not knowing what you're gonna get? I find the whole concept asinine.

Also, that little thing that comes out every time her little sister talks. That is annoying.

Episode 2.
I have never got the whole blind bag thing. Who wants to spend money not knowing what you're gonna get? I find the whole concept asinine.

Also, that little thing that comes out every time her little sister talks. That is annoying.

Have you heard of gacha gaming and lootboxes? It's pretty much a form of gambling, as far as I'm concerned. Some people buy lottery tickets, some bet on sporting events, and others buy random packs of trading cards for their favorite sport or nerd world of choice...they all fit the same category. Not my thing, but there is a thrill in it that others enjoy, perhaps a bit too much at times...

This is the first show I've seen attempting to imagine how that sort of random item gambling started, though, I'll give it that.

Watched episode one of this today! Kind of brushed it off at the start of the season, but I started hearing some good things. And, yeah, it's pretty neat. It's not spectacular, but there's definitely more thought put into this scenario than I was expecting that there would be. Got a few chuckles out of me, too.

Am I the only one who thought that she wouldn't be able to wear the VR headset because of her long ears?

Episode 3.
Well that was a sweet episode, pun intended. Just going on a junkfood binge like that was hilarious stuff.

And the 2nd bit, oh it tugged at them heartstrings...then made me laugh my ass off because the entire ceremony is just a glorified ramen run...and then doubled back to being sweet with her talking about her mom. Good stuff.

And here comes Osaka Elf.

Episode 4.
Elda has to be the cutest person with a cold ever. Every time she sneezed I was reminded of that bit from Gravity Falls.

Also, Osaka Elf is a hoot and a half.

Episode 5.
This episode revealed one vital thing.
And that's Elda has ass. Dayumn.
c910848edd8605292c74b928fd8937bd85aaf2c4.pnj

Anyway, I knew the second she got that phone where this was going, but it was still funny anyway. As were her spirits getting all jealous and such. And the second bit. That was sweet as syrup.

See this episode really missed the mark for me. Elda's annoying spirit thing in the start wasn't funny, it was just throwing me a headache, which I guess for irony's sake worked well, I watched it with a friend and was saying (just before this began) that the shows biggest fault is Elda's annoying "miko, oh miko" crap and then it does it, again and again and again and again nonestop, I get the idea of the message but I'm literally saying it's her #1 fault and boom, the show goes overkill.

I dunno, I'm on the fence for this show, It's so average. There is nothing terribly wrong but nothing much right either. Elda is fine but equally the most annoying character whilst the rest are all average meaning no one has a issue or anything but there is nothing happening, which i know it's not a show for that which is fine, as a lover of SoL, I'm pretty adept to this but normally, SoL has character relationships, chemistry and personality where this lacks all of them.

I don't really dislike the show but at times, I wonder if i would enjoy it more if i did dislike it, as stupid and masochistic as that might sound. As it currently stands i just never have a opinion much beyond "Elda's spirit messages drive me up the wall".

I'm in love with this. Such a relaxing atmosphere.... outstanding voice acting by the elf lady... and catchy music on top of it. And I REALLY like the artwork :love: It seems to be utilizing some sort of filter that makes it look more "contrastive" ? Looks cool!

Episode 7.
Kyozou is adorable and all, but that Goddamned thing that pops up every time she talks. That is annoying enough normally, but even more so when she's the focus of a segment.

The second bit was good stuff though. The entire town banding together to spoil Elda was funny.

Last edited:
I'm in love with this. Such a relaxing atmosphere.... outstanding voice acting by the elf lady... and catchy music on top of it. And I REALLY like the artwork :love: It seems to be utilizing some sort of filter that makes it look more "contrastive" ? Looks cool!
Yeah exactly what I was thinking!

Episode 8.
Gambling addict elf. I love it. Also like how the 6 century old elf knows the word 'Influencer', but the modern teenager doesn't. That's funny is what that is.

Episode 9.
Ah yes, the pain of stepping on a Lego. A pain everyone must experience once in life.

...And then this show went and ambushed me in the feels again. Quit doing that, show!

Also, she's never seen a videotape...God, I'm old.

Episode 11.
Gasp! She tried fixing the HG 1/144 Mobile Warrior Gongem 35th Anniversary Limited Edition Clear Version with scotch tape!? Doesn't she know how valuable the HG 1/144 Mobile Warrior Gongem 35th Anniversary Limited Edition Clear Version is!? You can't just do that to the HG 1/144 Mobile Warrior Gongem 35th Anniversary Limited Edition Clear Version!

...HG 1/144 Mobile Warrior Gongem 35th Anniversary Limited Edition Clear Version!

Back