Osamake: Romcom Where The Childhood Friend Won't Lose

Wait did this mean you dropped it!? Dammit... that was the one thing getting me through having this for ALG :crying:
Oh--yeah. Did I not say as much?

And I'm flattered.

Just not so flattered that I'm going to put myself through...whatever this show is supposed to be.

I have standards.

tumblr_o9hc3pRPL71sxfvy5o1_500.gif

Aha! Gotcha! Yoooooou thought it was going to be a Rent-a-Girlfriend gif! But no! It's Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid!

AND

IT'S

ART.

I have standards.
*insert Rental-Girlfriend meme here*
Aha! Gotcha! Yoooooou thought it was going to be a Rent-a-Girlfriend gif! But no! It's Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid!
I mean you did predict my mind, though i get the impression what you was thinking was slightly different from what I was thinking.

High effort posting from me has been officially ACTIVATED for this show.
I hope you two survive until episode 12... if you notice a absence of either or both of you, we shall assume you watched this show to death (that's a legit thing right? You can act so why not watch to death).

Ah, my weekly intake of trash is here.

alright let's get this out of the way, what the hell was that dance lol? Even I could dance better than that, and I have the dancing skill equivalent to that one guy in the corner at a party who just kinda vibes to himself.

unknown.png

WAAAIITTT HOLD UP A MINUTE THIS IS ILLEGAL, YOURE NOT ALLOWED TO TELL THEM IT WAS YOU ON EPISODE 3! THE ANIME GODS SAID SO! YOU MUST WAIT UNTILL EPISODE 12 AND MAKE IT A HUGE REVEAL EVEN THOUGH EVERYBODY WITH AN INTELECTUAL LEVEL ABOVE A FLY IS AWARE OF IT. I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS IN MY ANIME!

unknown.png

Somehow, just when I thought we were about to get somewhere, and maybe this show could do something new and unheard of like A COUPLE GETTING TOGETHER, but no, thats also illegal in anime. so good on you for following through this time anime gods!
unknown.png

Kanae-san lookin pretty cute tbh, can we get a show about her and that other dude instead? Prob got more of an interesting love life than this shit goin on.

Now lets see what everyone else is up to...

Today's mood: random one eye bigger than the other guy.
xdwV0B8.png
You know, i think im personally feelinga bit more like this girl
unknown.png

but i definitely understand where you're coming from.

What the actual fuck was episode 3?
Have you ever thought of making a career in writing? What a spectacular way wtih words you have, i could not have said it better myself.

ONWU9kX.gif

This kid is destined for stardom!

FFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUS
I like this gif. I'm stealing this gif for future use. I thank you.

Aaaaanyway, to sum up the episode:
"Shiro loves me"
"BUT wait, i actually love Kuro - after turning her down for months and literally doing everything to get into Shiro's pants, i love Kuro"
for gods sake, okay okay sure, right moving on
"Shiro... I WAS in love with you" (hehehe hear that lady, "Was" ha!"
"But i Love Kuro"
Kuro says fuck off

Somehow you managed to explain this episode in a more entertaining way than this show collectively has been entertaining. Ah, how I love bad anime.

Generic Actor and friend are gay for each other, i am 99% sure of this. Which they would make a much better couple than any other potential shown couple thus far so go for it.
I am so glad i was not the only one who thought this, it would make for a very entertaining side plot. Or its own plot even honestly.
but i raise you Kanae, that one girl who got confessed to.

tumblr_o9hc3pRPL71sxfvy5o1_500.gif

AND

IT'S

ART.
I...can we be best friends? No, seriously.
I have never met someone else who understands the pure artistical masterpiece that is Valkyrie Dive: Mermaid. I thought I would have to live in silence my whole life, never finding another being who appreciates what an absolute classic of our time it is.

First Rent-A-Girlfriend, and now this? I've never known a person with such refined taste in the medium that is anime.

I have never met someone else who understands the pure artistical masterpiece that is Valkyrie Dive: Mermaid. I thought I would have to live in silence my whole life, never finding another being who appreciates what an absolute classic of our time it is.

First Rent-A-Girlfriend, and now this? I've never known a person with such refined taste in the medium that is anime.
See, everyone? That's how you suck up.

Too bad he wasted his one wish on asking to be best friends and not on getting me to rejoin the slog that is the weekly watch-along of this series.

Rookie mistake.

...Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid was rad as hell, though, wasn't it? An incomparably ludicrous, epically brazen smutfest.

I mean, take a second look at the gif I posted. Like, really take a look at it.

Yes, you're already looking at the right spot. BUT...look closer.

And...then...watch...it.

...and then watch Rent-a-Girlfriend.

04b77de832b78ca1cb8bdcddc45da3bab7674490.gif

Ah, my weekly intake of trash is here.
I like where this is going
and I have the dancing skill equivalent to that one guy in the corner at a party who just kinda vibes to himself.
Oh hi, i didn't realise we have been at the same party, i would of introduced myself sooner but you know, i was busy not wanting to be at the party and all so i figured to stay in my corner being as anti-social as i could... nice to know you saw me though!

PS - thanks for noticing my sexy moves- wait, that wasn't a compliment? hmmm.

Somehow, just when I thought we were about to get somewhere, and maybe this show could do something new and unheard of like A COUPLE GETTING TOGETHER
Sadly i might of liked this a fair bit if she said yes and they dated... i mean if that happened i know they would just split up for the Kachi girl before it ends but nah, gotta be next level dumb and make the girl say no to then cry she said no, hope she realises she will never have another shot as harem rules dictate he will be hoarded by several other characters (to be introduced) before realising he likes... whatever Kachi is supposed to have going for him, and well now she forgave him from standing up their play date because his mum dying and stuff, they should be about even now, and thus, episode 12 ends.

Its scary how accurate i just predicted the rest of this show without knowing a thing about it.

Kanae-san lookin pretty cute tbh, can we get a show about her and that other dude instead? Prob got more of an interesting love life than this shit goin on.
I'm good for that!!!

Ah, how I love bad anime.
you a member of "Damn that anime is bad" cult yet? I hear they have fun watching bad shows... this will surely appear one day. I might suggest it when it finishes.

I am so glad i was not the only one who thought this, it would make for a very entertaining side plot. Or its own plot even honestly.
but i raise you Kanae, that one girl who got confessed to.
Both options are better than the so-called story we currently are following, i say both!

First Rent-A-Girlfriend, and now this?
I... i thought you was about to put Rent-a-girlfriend with this show as in "First (stuck with Rent-a-gf) and now this"... I was wrong.

Rookie mistake.
wish wasted, damn!

...Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid was rad as hell, though, wasn't it?
I... i was thinking i might have some time to watch a new show... i assume Valkyrie was a joke idea, but look, i played its game, I'm used to girls not being on them because swords go slash so why not?

...and then watch Rent-a-Girlfriend.
and then you say this!

No show, no pity points for self awareness....
It becomes self-aware each time, i think it nailed another one (i recall writing something somewhere about this) too, this show knows its bad and doesn't even care!

I'm not that terrible of a person. Well, sometimes anyway.
I am and i would, get here @interregnum and finish this like a man!!!

You know I thought this show was honestly, going to be about a girl. I actually have to preface that I didn't really read into what this source material was about I suppose. But eitherway, I thought this would have been a cool comedy with a girl just going out of her way to become the best girlfriend she could be with massive suppressed yandere over and under-tones or something.

Instead we have a ''childhood friend'' harem anime.

I'm surprised they even bothered, this anime really reinvented reinvigorated having a different premise on paper but having the same premise in practice. If this does well we'll have another dozen of these anime that really sound interesting but the plot-twist is that it's literally the same thing you always watch that is at least in the first two epsiodes pretending to be different before conforming the the mold.

At least it's better than with games....

I thought this would have been a cool comedy with a girl just going out of her way to become the best girlfriend she could be with massive suppressed yandere over and under-tones or something.
If only it was this!!! I think that would be a show i could enjoy, at least as a average "good enough" sort of show over whatever the heck this is thus far.

Episode 4

This is somewhat in the 'right' direction for this show. It's still too down to earth with this premise though. I mean, I want to constantly be going ''what the....'' when watching this. The random reporter girl and the new love interest introductions were a good idea but when it slowed down too much you had again time to think about the plot.

Basically, the scenes were too slow for a bit. They talked too slow and the amnesia bit at the end would have flowed way better if this episode was just a hyperactive mess from start to finish.

This mellow moaning in the second half should have been done and over way faster so we don't even think about how dumb and convoluted everything going on is.

It should have been
BAM random imouto type childhood friend
BAM random oppai reporter girl
BAM the scenes with him interacting with childhood friends
BAM house scene, don't even imply she's faking it, just talk with the friend for like 5 seconds before.
REDUCE the childhood friend backstory to the stupid mom cooking and don't bother with the other stuff, we don't care and it's obvious.
BAM imouto's drop by
BAM amnesia ( make it funnier )

in 10 to 12 minutes tops

We can't have thinking in this show, it ruins the joke that is this show.

btw, kuro's family are fukkin' rabbits. Guess we know who's the most fertile of the bunch genetically.

btw, kuro's family are fukkin' rabbits. Guess we know who's the most fertile of the bunch genetically.
I... i wont lie i read this thinking you meant they was literal rabbits at first, i am slightly let down, i got my hopes up which i mean, is my fault, if Is the order a Rabbit doesn't have real rabbit family members (starting point in life), how could this...

I say this just before diving into this episode as depending how much i dislike it is likely to reflect if i bother continuing with it.

Episode 4 - errr this show gets dumber every week, sure it tries to anger me
Somehow Kuro couldn't see the mistake she was making because god forbid for was planning the same thing
So to clarify, Kuro rejected him on the grounds of revenge to make them even for... i dunno, some reason, if i was to guess from my half attention it would probably be using her in the fake girlfriend setup but there is two problems here, 1st she didn't know he was going to ask her out, which she now claims "i was going to reject him for revenge" meaning she actually knew he would reject Shiro and ask her out instead, giving her the thing she desired and 2ndly the fact she was helping him with his "revenge" on Shiro, sooooo she surely knew the end result of this if she enacted this.
anyway, moving on.

So he turned into a little animal thingy... no i normally wouldn't count this but it seemed all characters saw him as some weird chipmunk on her should so... yeah.
Also, dunno if i show has ever been so good at making me 180 my opinion a character.

So Kuro was the only good one but now she sits in last. Her "revenge" plot left her on the side (nooo!!! who could of guessed rejecting him would have this effect!).
Anyway, I actually agree with Shiro more. See Shiro's logic is that he loved her (past tense) and thus she blames this on Kuro entering the scene... which isn't wrong to be fair but is a warped way of moving the blame on for him not returning her feelings, regardless, her logic is to blame Kuro and use her rejection as a moment to be a voluntary rebound, its not really honourable but i can't fault the ideology behind it, it makes sense and seems fairly possibly.
Kuro's way of seeing this is she rejected him and its his fault... for some reason and errr i don't understand but "something something" they will get together? Ahem, you could argue its my bad for not getting her logic but thats because there isn't any, she rejected him and now he is scared to face her. Its certainly not unfair to say he would shy away after the whole school watched you reject him. But nah, she walks away in tears and end off!

oh and that ever so dumb ending "amnesia", she couldn't possibly be pretending so this mess blows over, right? Well wrong, see she is actually selfish here, this relies on her forgetting, she is the one who made a fool of him, this carries the embarrassment, not her, Equally, her plan wouldn't work as Shiro has every reason to leverage her rejection and even with Kuro pretending to forget it all, it wouldn't help her get back to where she was, if anything it would only drift them apart.

Onto loli-in-a-hat(sometimes) - yawn. I had 0 hopes for her but she still sucks. The generic "little sister" (aka "Onii-chan") character. What a waste. That aside... she does wear a hat, its the most redeeming trait, until she takes it off, then she is boring to look at. Shame they ruined Kuro here, i do actually like her eyes.
Nothing much to say on her though, she was just a new character for some reason.

Oh, i almost forgot, big-boob junior, how could i forget the girl who will do anything so our great MC instantly gets some sexual plans going on? Wait, why was she here? Or who was she? No really, what the heck is her purpose?

Also, do them guy at the classroom door stalk this guy? Other than always being present, they just stand there for 5 or 10 minutes of their limited break to gawk at MC's private life whilst offering a not-needed commentary about how they wish they was him and he is the scum of the earth because some girl(s) have a crush on him, how dare he!

Oh, the end, why hide imouto-san? Is he under some rule he can't have friends over? (Male or female?) Especially considering their sister just rejected him, at least you normally can comment when they are still in the phase of no confessions that its rude of them ect, it holds little merit but i get the whole thing, this time she turned him down with a smile... i fail to see why his friends being at his house is any of their concern... especially as she herself was over until just recently.

Also
vKaZJpy.jpg

Ah, see we call them locks and chains, they are to keep outsiders out of our properties, i would of thought you have a lock at your own place no? I think your old enough by now to know how to use them surely!
GahHSbf.jpg

This is why we have them, to keep you out

Also, just to remind people, she (imouto girl) locked the door (the latch) so how the hell did she pull it open to this level? She either has a key or busted the lock
I'm sure i could list more bad but lets see the good, yes there was some good

friend-kun made some ad-revenue, more logic i seen this show offer.
Shiro is a creepy stalker but i actually did like the scene with her doll of MC, its still weird she has it but it was kind of cute, and i do like her logic, its denial but it is understandable, she not only blames her rejection on Kuro which in turn gives her reason to step back into the game but also she sees the Kuro rejection as a opportunity. I don't like Shiro but i did like her come back, Kuro's comeback doesn't make sense, she rejected her dream for a "revenge" plot so Shiro has every right to use this.
MC is not stupid... well he is but that's not my point - He said "I'm too dumb to understand how she feels", no man, you have every right to question this, she spends her life saying she loves you, to reject you and then get sad when your sad... c'mon.

oh, i like the braided part of Kuro's hair... that counts as a good thing, right?

Despite the stupid levels this show goes to... it was a lot more watchable this week.

Oh here we go...
WE GOT THE ONII-CHAN CHARACTER, I KNEW IT HAD TO BE COMING. I swear i feel like im playing trash anime bingo over here, just waiting for the next normal trope to happen.

If anyone is curious, which i know you all are, she said Onii-chan 22 times. Yes. I counted. With a bonus nii-chan from the other girl at the end.

heya.jpg

Boy i think this anime just got good, if only momentarily during her appearance, i look forward to more Rena in the future...
marks off fanservice character on bingo sheet

Oh, i almost forgot, big-boob junior, how could i forget the girl who will do anything so our great MC instantly gets some sexual plans going on? Wait, why was she here? Or who was she? No really, what the heck is her purpose?
I will have you know her name was Asagi Rena and she served a very important purpose for existing, and that is science. Honestly though, will laugh if we absolutely never see her again.

MEIKO! WE HAVE A MEIKO SIGHTING, SHE SPOKE AND WAS INVOLVED IN A CONVERSATION FOR A BRIEF PERIOD OF TIME BUT IT WAS THERE AND THATS WHAT COUNTS.
So, what? MC boy here has some PTSD now that reverts his mental capacity to that of a monkey upon sighting of clover-chan? OKay, weird.
forbiddon_wisdom_lol.jpg

what does...that even...
Honestly curious what she means by this lol

SORETOMO...WA...TA...SHI? Yeah not sure if it has the same effect coming from you but A for effort i suppose. This whole scene went in one ear out the other for me, honestly couldn't tell you what happened.

Untill...
hanamaru.jpg
amnesia.jpg

Really? I MEAN I GUESS ITS SOMETHING TO CHANGE UP THE STORY BUT REALLY? AMNESIA? THATS WHAT YOU WENT WITH? I mean ill give it a chance to see where they take it but boy do i have low expectations.

some pretty nice legs too from the other girl.

You know i never got into talking about shows like this on the internet but its kinda fun...i put more effort into these than I do into what i wear in the morning.

Wait ok so from what u guys have seen so far. Do u recommend watching it or dropping it? Cuz I'm seriously reaching nowhere reading all the discussion. It's like everyone is so confused figuring out what's going on that I can't decide if I want to or dont want to watch it. I tried watching it but shut down my device 2 minutes into the first episode. But then many people here did the same but are still here. So what do I do??

Back