Orenchi no Furo Jijou

Oh yes, Tents is "making" me watch this because why well would I watch something about a fabulous Merman in a bishie bathtu

...sorry I was drooling on the keyboard.

This is the anime I'm most hyped for. The fact that Haru's and Makoto's VAs are in it may or may not be part of the reason. Unfortunately Haru doesn't get to be the merman.

Episode 1:

I thought this more cute than funny. The character designs are nice and the interplay between the two characters is decent. I kinda wish it had been funny, but I'll take cute I guess for now. I kinda derped and didn't realize this was going to be a short, but then again I doubt merman in a tub could make much of a full show.

This seems okay for a short. Really not much else to say here other than that bathtub must have it's own very special kind of stank.

Stone face comedy.............will only continue in the instance I have absolutely nothing else to do........

This is one series from the current season I have listed to check out. I'm afraid it will not be good, but I've gotta check it out...

I kinda derped and didn't realize this was going to be a short
My fault, I should had mentioned this before. Didn't think it was all so important. =P

Agree with Kaiji, it is more cute than funny from what I had anticipated. But its okay for now. At least this was not done by that ____ studio you call Seven. Could you imagine the animation would be like done by Seven? Bleh.

The biggest disappointment when watching, was realising it was only a 4 minute show. Thought it was going to be 12 minutes... I've been deceived The comedy was kind of 'eh' and didn't quite get on the manga's level, but 4-koma's are hard to adapt, I guess. Nobunaga Shimazaki's voice is getting more and more to me each time I hear him in another role.
And that opening is waaaaaay too intense for this kind of thing. Which is hilarious. That was probably the funniest thing in the whole episode :laugh:

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the OP confused me. It's the kind of OP you'd expect from melodrama or even some kind of thriller. It's a really weird choice.

I didn't know this was a short... :crying:

Oh well, it's still super cute. I love it, and I can't wait for the other characters to show up. :love:

Oh boy, this is a short and it's getting a lukewarm reaction?

Yeah, I think I'm going to skip out on this one.

No, it's not a BL show. Would be kind of hard for them to get it on with his lower half being all fishtail.*

It's just a cute show about a dude that saved and merman. First episode does have the guy
bathing while the merman is but it is far from sexual.

First episode was complete fluff with nothing much going on. I think cute is about the only thing to say about it. The jokes weren't that funny so eh.

*Please don't show me any fanart to the contrary.

Just watched the first episode of this, and even though there wasn't much else to it, it was cute.

Really liked it, and that's about all I can say. Keeping up with this one for sure :)

Oooh, this is the merman comedy! Yeah, i'm looking forward to this one too, sounds like a funny premise. I was expecting it to be a short, but it's full length. Interesting.
You got a full length episode? I've only found a 4-min short. I gotta go find the full length version...

Not finding anything but the short... You must've meant that you weren't expecting it to be a full series (of shorts)... my misunderstanding.

Back