One Piece

I'm a fan of your chapter reviews, keep going!

Zoro is getting quite intense as a character since that part during Wano, isn't he?
it is quite fun to read with the amount of info Oda is capable of packing into a single chapter, I find myself reading them several times and I tend to realize stuff later.
Thank you! Will do, it's a lot easier to type up my thoughts for OP vs say all the seasonals I'm watching.
One add-on thought with 1064 that I've heard others speculate on:
Kuma's likely a Lunarian, that would also help explain the development of the Seraphim.
You could say that part was covered by King when he was captured as a kid, but Kuma could easily have had his wings covered the entire time we've known him. At the very least, it's a possibility.
Post-Wano and Egghead are fully revitalizing my passion for this story after Wano diminished it by quite a bit.
I honestly think every chapter since the 1050's have all been bangers - it's been a while since we've had a stretch where the chapters are high quality and consistently so the whole way through.
Except for 1057, that chapter was ass. I'd even say that's Bottom 5 of all time, more so because it was a concluding chapter too.

I honestly think every chapter since the 1050's have all been bangers - it's been a while since we've had a stretch where the chapters are high quality and consistently so the whole way through.
Except for 1057, that chapter was ass. I'd even say that's Bottom 5 of all time, more so because it was a concluding chapter too.
Why was that chapter ass again? Refresh my memory here.

Yamato's wake up to reality in this world.

2eR1beY.jpg

Feels overly harsh to me, especially when one takes into account how Yamato grew up. While Hiyori did have a rough time herself for a good amount of time, Yamato had to grow up in the harsh world of Kaido. It wouldn’t surprise me that Yamato latched onto the one light in her world.

She was kind of stunted in a way.

Feels overly harsh to me, especially when one takes into account how Yamato grew up. While Hiyori did have a rough time herself for a good amount of time, Yamato had to grow up in the harsh world of Kaido. It wouldn’t surprise me that Yamato latched onto the one light in her world.

She was kind of stunted in a way.

Maybe so, but then again, Yamato’s bad experience shouldn’t downplay Hiyori’s either. The reality is is that Hiyori only knew her dad for a few years before he got killed, had to survive being persecuted from Kozuki hunters while barely managing to get food, and had to spend more years faking a good relationship with her dad’s killer Orochi.

In any case, now that Yamato is in Wano, I think it would provide a good opportunity for her to think over how she wants to manage her life going forward, because Wano citizens aren’t always obligated to owe Yamato special Oden treatment just because of her own bad experience and her Oden impersonation. It can give the wrong impression despite any good intentions had, so if Yamato is willing to be considerate to Oden, she should be willing to be considerate to Oden’s people he himself cherished too.

Don't often say this, but Chapter 1057 might possibly be what I consider to be the worst ending of any arc. I think like the only really satisfying thing about it was that Momo is Shogun and not Orochi, and that was it.

Let’s just move on from Wano already, focus on the now with Egghead, and all the juicy reveals the chapters have been giving us.

I think there’s no problem talking about any part of One Piece on this particular thread so long as there’s something meaningful being said, no? Especially in light of all the Wano mentions like Kaido references, Blackbeard confronting Law for his Wano info, and Luffy even telling Vegapunk at Egghead Momo is Wano Guardian now.

And that all said, yeah, I’m enjoying Egghead so far. Didn’t like how Bonney has now suddenly been knocked out, but it’s nice to finally get to know Vegapunk more, at least.

Back