One Piece

ybr5wdw02g931.png

Also if Jinbei is dead off camera I will personally end japan

For those who don't know, Boichi has published a one-shot in Shonen Jump this week redrawing the fight between Zoro and Mihawk.
It's pretty rad seeing another artist do their take on a famous manga part, let alone the guy who draws Dr. Stone, and the magazine teaser at the end asks who'll "cover" One Piece next, so I'd love to see more redrawn chapters like these from different artists, whether for One Piece or other manga series.
Pipe dream here but imagine if Akira Toriyama redrew a chapter? Or Yusuke Murata?

This was my favorite page, I think I almost prefer it to the original.
wp67YTO.png

oh uh the wano stuff has been cool too lately, good arc so far and hoping to see it become great

EDIT: Hell yeah

Last edited:
How is the cover for this still the picture from the first volume. I swear this cite is allergic to updating it's pictures
No, the site just uses the first volume of the manga for every manga as a general rule.
Why would you want to show the latest volume illustrations anyway? Most of the time that would just spoil people who have yet to catch up

No, the site just uses the first volume of the manga for every manga as a general rule.
Why would you want to show the latest volume illustrations anyway? Most of the time that would just spoil people who have yet to catch up
That's true, cause sometimes the cover art can reveal a lot story progression to an ongoing series. For people who are about to get into a new series, it makes the most sense.

Chapter 974-975
I didn't realize it until someone on Twitter pointed it out, but this is the first time all nine of the Straw Hats have been together in seven years.
No, really.

Always love seeing when the good guys had a master plan all along. Hype's starting to build up with these three Supernovas leading the charge. I'm betting a lot of the big showdowns will boil down to raid or tag-team battles; I'm all for it.

Chapter 999
I've been reading the manga from just before the Wano Arc, as I was an anime only, and its been amazing. Ace has been one of my favourite characters since the Alabasta Arc and the chapter just shows what an amazing character he is. Amazing chapter overall really loved it.

Thoughts on One Piece now that its over 1000 chapters:
I have always wondered what it would feel like when One Piece would hit 1000 chapters. And now that it has I'm more convinced than ever that I enjoyed part one than I have so far with part two. And of course I'm going to explain the reasons why I feel this way.

First off would be the Fish-man island arc, the one arc where all the main cast reunite and begin their journey again towards the one island that has been anticipated for a while now. Except that Hordy wasn't really a good villain for the arc. While I do think Oda intended Hordy to be an allegory for racism, that just makes him more bland and hated for the wrong reasons. On top of Decken being a creepy-ass stalker for Princess Shirahoshi that became old very quickly during the arc, along with Sanji acting more of a pervert than he should have been.

And the fights with Hordy's men felt way too easy, like they were cannon fodder to the Straw-hats, but I guess Oda intended the fights to be warm-ups for the characters.

I did like some of the ideas with the Punk Hazard arc since I do find the bio-punk genre fascinating. Although at the same time I feel like Oda didn't go all the way with the bio-punk theme.

The Dressrosa arc had its moments, like when Luffy found out that Sabo was still alive. But Doflamingo is a fine example of a One Piece character living long enough to become a villain. Yep, I can honestly say he became a dick. But I also think the Dressrosa arc lasted a bit longer than it should have, longer fights don't always mean better you know.

The Zou arc is more of a transitional arc, since it leads up to Whole Cake island arc. Even though Sanji was able to reconcile with his family, I don't think it was the development people were expecting with Sanji. It can be annoying when Sanji let's the amorous side of himself take over, which is one of the reasons why I hope the Straw-hats get new character arcs.

There have have been several phases of the Wano arc already, showing how Kaido has maintain his position of power, even going to the lengths of teaming up with Big Mom. Luffy has been shown helping the people of Wano, while learning the history Wano and how Oden played a role in it. Luffy gets in a confrontation with Kaido, with him losing and being imprisoned.

Luffy leads a prison riot, and Kaido eventually betrays Orochi. Later on at the top of the skull dome, Luffy finally faces off against Kaido and Big Mom, scoring a big hit against Kaido with his Red Roc attack. And I think I did enjoy seeing Ace appearing in the flashback, its also a reminder of how much I enjoyed part one of One Piece. Let's be honest, One Piece has been formulaic with how Luffy reaches a new island, defeats the big bad of an arc, and then there's a victory party.

And while I do like the world building, I'm overwhelmed by how many characters there are in One Piece. Maybe its also cause of the fact that I read the series on a weekly basis, but I just don't feel the energy like I used to back then. Even then, I always felt like other shounen series like Naruto and Bleach appealed more to my taste in artstyle compared to One Piece. This doesn't mean I'm done with reading One Piece, since I'm far into the story anyway.

I just think that in some way, Shueisha has compromised the story of One Piece.

The first manga I ever read and easily one of the best ones till now. Even with all the other manganime I'm following nothing keeps me on my toes as much as this one.

I always see people claiming they can read about 100+ chapters a day, which blows my mind. I guess I'm a slow reader, because I always take at least 15 minutes a chapter, even it's a shounen manga. So I usually only read a few a day. How 'bout you,?
onepunchmanmangaonline.net

Back