One Piece

Re: One Piece (manga)

yea, that's just how Luffy is.

what word? sorry, but i cann't open your link.

weird, the link works for me
it's the "all this will lead to a very big incident" at the end of the chapter, which was also used when Ace fought BB

it's the "all this will lead to a very big incident" at the end of the chapter, which was also used when Ace fought BB

since Luffy is the main character, so everything that happened around him will lead to something big, doesn't it? I think it's normal. Furthermore, in previous chapter Kaido declared to begin another big war after minggo's family ruined.
Well, Oda-sensei always used narration (which is rarely used in manga) to explain something big in One Piece; such as introduction of Kaido, etc.

what a good chapter! there are a lot of funny and awesome thing there. They made statue of God Ussop with hilarious face, and also his bounty suddenly raise at a high value. :laugh::laugh:
and Oda always make the end of chapter with full of mystery (about Sanji's wanted poster).
is that spandam whose stand beside Rob Lucci?

Oh snap, Rob Lucci!
And increased bounties.

is that spandam whose stand beside Rob Lucci?
Nope
Spandam wants the CP9 dead, and they want him dead. The former CP9 were turned into outlaws after Enies Lobby as Spandam basically framed them for the failure and accused them of treachery, but they escaped.

holy moley, that was a great chapter!

Rob Lucci is CP0, and I'm quite sure this is Spandam too (he even has the mask)
Then there's the going-luffy senpai as I thought :D and Barto's crew is the best.
New bounties are more or less what I expected apart from Franky's, which is lower than I expected... I'm kinda disappointed that Sanji doesn't have a sketch for a poster anymore, but I guess it's necessary for the plot since it seems that someone recognised him and wants him alive...which makes the prince-theory come to mind, but since we barely know anything about Sanji's backstory we can't say anything for sure yet. I'm also not really a fan of that theory...

holy moley, that was a great chapter!

Rob Lucci is CP0, and I'm quite sure this is Spandam too (he even has the mask)
Then there's the going-luffy senpai as I thought :D and Barto's crew is the best.
New bounties are more or less what I expected apart from Franky's, which is lower than I expected... I'm kinda disappointed that Sanji doesn't have a sketch for a poster anymore, but I guess it's necessary for the plot since it seems that someone recognised him and wants him alive...which makes the prince-theory come to mind, but since we barely know anything about Sanji's backstory we can't say anything for sure yet. I'm also not really a fan of that theory...

Funny thing is I can totally get behind that theory. This does seem to pander to it somewhat. I really think this was the chapter I've been waiting for. So much info, so much going on and funny to boot. very happy this week. :smile:

I didn't expect this kind of shichibukai, honestly. Now I'm curious to see if he actually is WB's son or not. I guess not, but I could be wrong: his mother's demeanor is suspicious, but he must be really strong if he's wiping out WB's crew. Now to see if Luffy will fight him, or maybe he'll reunite with Marco?

I also didn't expect them to get to Zou already! The idea of the elephant is great, and I'm curious to see what kind of backstory Oda has in store for it.

803 + 804

OMG that dragon :love: Robin's reaction to it was hilarious, especially when he went back to being a drawing again. RIP Ryuunosuke, you shall forever be remembered as the second thing to die that carried the strawhats to adventure :crying:

And now to start the furry arc by looking at a rack that looks exactly like Nami's :megusta: The minks' reaction to humans was intriguing though. "lesser humans"? Let's hope they aren't all nazis now, I've had quite enough of those for now

Ka... Karrot also looks interesting, she was fast enough to dodge Zoro so if this is only a foot soldier this looks very promising for future fights.
Also loving the Zoro-Law interaction

I have a theory on the furry that looks like Nami. It is Nami? I think it might be a Zoan fruit users awakening and that anyone on the Island gets affected. Would make sense considering doffy mentioned it and it could be the next big thing

I have a theory on the furry that looks like Nami. It is Nami? I think it might be a Zoan fruit users awakening and that anyone on the Island gets affected. Would make sense considering doffy mentioned it and it could be the next big thing

At first I thought the same thing, but now I don't think so anymore because
when we saw the curly hat team, we saw Nami wearing actual clothes instead of just a bikini. I also don't think we will get this awakening stuff right of the bat now

So... curly brows are dead? As if we'd believe that Oda, it's probably just Brook taking a nap.
I'm curious to see who the enemy will be this time, because you'd normally expect it to be Jack, but we saw him on a ship to go save Doffy so I'm not sure if he's still on the island.
I'm also intrigued by how Luffy couldn't sense the Minks around him. Maybe they feel like normal animals? Or they have some kind of haki-camouflage? Or maybe you actually need to "activate" your CoO to feel them? ( which makes the least sense to me since Luffy felt Caribou without any effort at all).
And lastly: what's up with that electric ability those Minks seem to have? Static electricity because of their fur?

Edit (almost forgot to mention): surume on that cover is so cute :love:

I feel like I'm talking to myself here :nervous: but whatever

I wonder who the father of Makino's kid is...

RIP Nekozaemon

Robin's imagination of the elephant showering himself is hilariously cute :3

I wonder what Jack was looking for... an ancient weapon? And that guy sunk 2 ships with admiral close by? Certainly creates hype for a fight against him :duck:

Curlybrows are in better hands than I thought, but what's wrong with Sanji, Nami? I NEED TO KNOW :flip:
damn oda's cliffhangers

And apparently there's NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK?

wow~ I really don't know what Oda-sensei's way of thinking. Right now in One Piece there're a lot of thing happened. First is that Blackbeard pirate will clash with R.A. Then Kidd's alliance who suppose take down Shanks, accidentally met with Kaidou whose suppose to be Luffy's target.
And now Sanji seem voluntary to be a decoy for Big mom's pirate to prevent them entering Zou. Which path will Luffy take? Save Sanji or stick to the first plan? Or maybe Oda will connect all this incident as another epic war?

wow~ I really don't know what Oda-sensei's way of thinking. Right now in One Piece there're a lot of thing happened. First is that Blackbeard pirate will clash with R.A. Then Kidd's alliance who suppose take down Shanks, accidentally met with Kaidou whose suppose to be Luffy's target.
And now Sanji seem voluntary to be a decoy for Big mom's pirate to prevent them entering Zou. Which path will Luffy take? Save Sanji or stick to the first plan? Or maybe Oda will connect all this incident as another epic war?

I don't want to know what Oda's thinking tbh, because not knowing makes One Piece so much fun
BB vs RA will definitely be a separate incident, which we might never get to see directly. I'm thinking we'll only get to know what happens after the fight there is over, and it would make for another arc.

As for the path right now, I'm not sure what they'll do. Kaidou/Jack was made out as the first enemy, but that fight might be postponed until after Big Mom is done. Especially since Oda said 2016 would be Sanji's year, with an origin story coming up :laugh:

I'm excited to see what's next

Chapter 812:

Capone has more men inside of him than a Thai rent boy.
Great translation error there giving him a 3 billion berry bounty. It's probably more like 300 million.

So either there's been a big misunderstanding here or Sanji is part some important noble family. It would explain his Wanted Only Alive poster. I'm glad to be learning more about Sanji and I'm hoping this focus on him with reinvigorate the character because he's had very little to do since the time skipped and he's almost become Flanderized with his over the top lecherous behavior. It'd be nice to get a serious backstory on him going and learn more about his origins. Hopefully Oda has something good cooked up for him.

I'm not really enjoying this extended flashback style of storytelling. It lacks tension because we already know where the characters end up and that they'll be unharmed. I guess Pekoms being shot in the back was a surprise. Then again I don't really care about him apart of being a part of Big Mama's crew.

Ch 812:

Well Sanji does seem to be some type of noble as many have predicted. Still not too sure how to take this in, though it seems Oda just wants the reader to know for now, and reaction to come later.

Can't wait for this Sanji centric arc, at least that better be what's happening. Can't keep my man Sanji away for a year and a half to just have him leave for another long ass period of time, and god forbid stay gone.

Sanji's reaction on the last panel has me wondering just how much of this news is a surprise to him. Guess I must wait for next week to find out.
EJkyOFk.gif

Well done ZK. Well done.

Chapter 812:

Great translation error there giving him a 3 billion berry bounty. It's probably more like 300 million.

So either there's been a big misunderstanding here or Sanji is part some important noble family. It would explain his Wanted Only Alive poster. I'm glad to be learning more about Sanji and I'm hoping this focus on him with reinvigorate the character because he's had very little to do since the time skipped and he's almost become Flanderized with his over the top lecherous behavior. It'd be nice to get a serious backstory on him going and learn more about his origins. Hopefully Oda has something good cooked up for him.

I'm not really enjoying this extended flashback style of storytelling. It lacks tension because we already know where the characters end up and that they'll be unharmed. I guess Pekoms being shot in the back was a surprise. Then again I don't really care about him apart of being a part of Big Mama's crew.

well, the theory has been around for a while but Sanji acutally being a noble makes for an interesting set-up for later. And somehow those nobles are linked to a yonkou... cool stuff :love:

Now i'm curious what the bride will be like... Is it that girl with the three eyes? If so, i'm curious about Sanji's reaction...
tumblr_md32uzrlYW1r2sqylo1_500.png

It was said that 2016 would be his big year, but this all was faster than expected.

I like the storytelling enough, but I get your problem. Inserting stuff like what happened to Pekoms keeps the excitement enough for me though. Then again, it may all just seem better because I haven't had enough One Piece lately

Back