Obscura Yoi Anime Challenge 2021

Slaynoir

Welcome to the Obscure-Good Anime Challenge thread!

How to Play...

Firstly, Obscura Yoi ( literally meaning 'Obscure Good') is a free organized challenge I made up and is open for anyone to play, of the Anime-Planet community!

This is the first time I've done one of these and is the first season, so forgive me if I am late to responding or I have confusion. It'll all work out though! Let's begin.

For this 1st season, I will be listing the tasks of the challenge in four tiers. To complete a tier, you'll have to have the specific guidelines followed as they are listed. For every 5 anime titles you've completed, you will get 5 Obscura points. The goal of the challenge will not just be limited to what you watched, but you'll have to give a brief explanation of the anime too. I'm not talking paragraphs, just like what it is about in one or two sentences and why you watched it. Please give a decent reason, so no 'i leiked it' or something.

So just what IS this challenge about?
Well, it's watching underrated/little known anime of course.

For every tag in the Anime Planet's directory you must -try- to find one OF EACH tagged obscure anime. So any kind of anime tag with under 10,000 watched views (for now in this season) is acceptable. IT MUST BE UNDER 10,000!

And no, you don't have to watch all of them to win but I do suggest you try to watch as many as possible for a better placement. It's more geared at your interest, so good luck finding them.

Make sure you add when you started and when you ended the anime! If you've watched them outside of Anime-Planet's user knowledge, let me know. I will make an exception. Though it won't by any means be easy regardless.

Oh, and by individual tag I mean you cannot have the same tag in one anime in another you've watched for it to count. So you cannot have 'action' if you already watched 'action'. This gets harder as you go as you'll have to find more tags with less and less tag options! So try to find anime with as few tags as possible ;D

However this doesn't mean you cannot watch another anime with a shared tag, you simply need to let me know WHAT tagged anime you're listing. It's pretty much impossible to find one tag for each title. So just tell me the tag of your anime title you're listing as watched. Any questions just splatter a post on my profile. :3

Results/winners will be posted at around the end of this 2021 year
TBA!

The Tiers of Obscura Yoi!

SIDE NOTE!

Please make sure to number your claims by 1,2,3,4 etc. Thanks!

First Tier!
Watch 5 different Anime Titles with 5 different individual tags with under 10,000 watched viewed.

Second Tier!
Watch 10 different Anime Titles with 10 different individual tags with under 10,000 watched viewed.

Third Tier!
Watch 15 different Anime Titles with 15 different individual tags with under 10,000 watched viewed.
Special Agony Tier!
WATCH AS MANY AS POSSIBLE DIFFERENT ANIME TITLES WITH AS MANY AS POSSIBLE INDIVIDUAL TAGS UNDER 10,000 WATCHED VIEWED!!!! +5 Bonus points (with a total of 5 titles tacked onto the total of the individually watched titles of 5)

Dat Rules Tho'
Here are the basic rules you'll need to follow through with for you to claim your Obscura points!

1. Each anime title must have under 10,000 watched views
Each anime needs to have at least one unique tag to it, do NOT use same tags you've already claimed
3. The Anime must be 5 through 40 minutes long (or higher that's fine) and they can be movies
4. The Anime must have your start and end watching dates
5. You can claim however much and when you want until the end of the year of 2021
6. Please be nice to one another and feel free to work together! Group watching is ok!
7. You must provide at least three sentences of information and why you watched the Anime title
8 HAVE FUN BRO

28d87c31b61bafa8ed15c894632f6eac.gif

Current Participants and number of claims! (Will update when able)

-Clotilde Total: 3 (Tier 1)
-OkamiHime95 Total: 44 (Final Tier)
-Franzi Total: 2 (Tier 1)
-Oceanwithwaves Total: 11 (Tier 2)
-Max4444 Total: 55 (Final Tier)
-Krxolxn --
-JordanJas Total: 77 (Final Tier)
-Warpuppy Total: 5 (Tier 1)
-Sabure Total: 5 (Tier 1)
-Howtoprocrastinate --
-NeaRetrogamer Total: 27 (Final Tier)
-YuiChizuru1231 Total: 31 (Final Tier)
-Luciiiii Total: 71 (Final Tier)
-RvLohengramm Total: 60 (Final Tier)
-Mitsu177 Total: 31 (Final Tier)

LEADER BOARD as of 6/11/21

(1st) JordanJas (77)
(2nd)
Luciiiii (71)
(3rd) RvLohengramm (60)
(4th) Max4444 (55)
(5th) OkamiHime95 (44)

I'll add your username if you'd like to join!

(NOTE- All of your previous 2021 viewed anime before you had joined -that fit the listed criteria- count for your totals. Please claim them to get your Obscura points! If you've watched a bunch in one particular month, you can simply list them under the entire month for viewing instead of individually writing them out)

Urgent Update as of 6/1/21

I want to give a huge thanks to everyone's support. I never expected anything like this and I apologize that I have come off as helter-skelter, I've never actually done ANYTHING of this sort of event and hadn't any clue what I was getting into. I'm going to do my best and try and be the best at this I can. My access to internet is another problem as there are some -unique- situations in regards to that and when I can get online with time to spare. I really don't want you guys to get mad of I disappear for long bouts of time, it cannot be helped due to this -unique- situation I'm in.

All of your continued support is welcomed and I applaud anyone willing to help me take charge. I'll do my best and hopefully we can get through this together! I'm still basically a total n00b at this so bare with me! Thanks! Your kind and direct method of words mean so much!!!

tenor.gif

and...

WE HAVE OFFICAL BANNERS FOR FREE USE!
Thanks go to Clotilde! <3 Feel free to use for yourself as you please.

YUMEKO-SIDE.png

YUMEKO-CENTER-1.png

Captura.png

OHSHC-PROTOTYPE-SIDE-1.png

Last edited:
I'm putting myself in, and here's an example.

Tier 1

CLAIM

Anime: https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/caligula
(Est.) Date of Start/Completed: 4/30/21 start & 5/12/21 end
# of Views: 1,419
Tag of Choice: Based on a Video Game
Desc: I really enjoyed the complexity and world the characters were in. I think it is an underrated anime. I really felt like I learned something even though it was confusing.

So I would have four more to reach the second tier and I can no longer 'claim' a tag with the description of 'Based on a Video Game'. :3

(If you're unsure and you have a busy feed, please add whatever you think is closest to the time of watching and completion)

Last edited:
The top five winners will get special artwork done by me. Here is a simple example of what I can do.

ddisoxx-9e668281-14e2-49d8-9668-f4fadc1bde3e.jpg

Welcome to the Obscure-Good Anime Challenge thread!

How to Play...

Firstly, Obscura Yoi ( literally meaning 'Obscure Good') is a free organized challenge I made up and is open for anyone to play, of the Anime-Planet community!

This is the first time I've done one of these and is the first season, so forgive me if I am late to responding or I have confusion. It'll all work out though! Let's begin.

For this 1st season, I will be listing the tasks of the challenge in several tiers. To complete a tier, you'll have to have the specific guidelines followed as they are listed. For every tier completed, you will get 5 Obscura points. The goal of the challenge is to who will not just be what you watched, but you'll have to give a brief explanation of the anime too. I'm not talking paragraphs, just like what it is about in one or two sentences and why you watched it. Please give a decent reason, so no 'i leiked it' or something.

So just what IS this challenge about? Well, it's watching underrated/little known anime of course.

For every tag in the Anime Planet's directory you must -try- to find one OF EACH tagged obscure anime. So any kind of anime tag with under 10,000 watched views (for now in this season) is acceptable. IT MUST BE UNDER 10,000!

And no, you don't have to watch all of them to win but I do suggest you try to watch as many as possible for a better placement. It's more geared at your interest, so I'm not forcing you to watch anything you cannot find or feel like you don't want to watch. You can use this site here [LINK REMOVED to find -most but not all- anime you're looking for. That's the only freebie I'm giving you, so good luck finding them.

Make sure you add when you started and when you ended the anime! If you've watched them outside of Anime-Planet's user knowledge, let me know. I will make an exception. Though it won't by any means be easy regardless.

Oh, and by individual tag I mean you cannot have the same tag in one anime in another you've watched for it to count. So you cannot have 'action' if you already watched 'action'. This gets harder as you go as you'll have to find more tags with less and less tag options! So try to find anime with as few tags as possible ;D

However this doesn't mean you cannot watch another anime with a shared tag, you simply need to let me know WHAT tagged anime you're listing. It's pretty much impossible to find one tag for each title. So just tell me the tag of your anime title you're listing as watched. Any questions just splatter a post on my profile. :3

Results/winners will be posted at around the end of this 2021 year
TBA!

The Tiers of Obscura Yoi!

First Tier!
Watch 5 different Anime Titles with 5 different individual tags with under 10,000 watched viewed.

Second Tier!
Watch 10 different Anime Titles with 10 different individual tags with under 10,000 watched viewed.

Third Tier!
Watch 15 different Anime Titles with 20 different individual tags with under 10,000 watched viewed.

Special Agony Tier!
WATCH ALL DIFFERENT ANIME TITLES WITH ALL INDIVIDUAL TAGS UNDER 10,000 WATCHED VIEWED!!!!

Dat Rules Tho'
Here are the basic rules you'll need to follow through with for you to claim your Obscura points!

1. Each anime title must have under 10,000 watched views
2. Each anime needs to have at least one unique tag to it, do NOT use same tags you've already claimed
3. The Anime must be 5 through 40 minutes long (or higher that's fine)
4. The Anime must have your start and end watching dates
5. You can claim however much and when you want until the end of the year of 2021
6. Please be nice to one another and feel free to work together!
7. You must provide at least three sentences of information and why you watched the Anime title
8 HAVE FUN BRO

(if anyone would like to make a banner to share this challenge, please let me know, I am lacking know how and ability in terms of stuff like that)

Any other questions, either post or leave me a comment at my username, Slaynoir. Happy watching~!

28d87c31b61bafa8ed15c894632f6eac.gif

OooooOwwwww sounds cool, im in!

Last edited by a moderator:
(if anyone would like to make a banner to share this challenge, please let me know, I am lacking know how and ability in terms of stuff like that)
I'll try to make one, but my editing abilities are on Google drawings level ><

Alright, then I already have one!

Tier 1:
https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/convenience-store-boy-friends
(watched from 26-05/27-05)

I chose to watch this because I wanted to balance out my list with some low-rated shows so I won't run out of good shows to watch. It was.... conflicting. In one way, it's adorable, in another it's super boring, but the plot twist in the final few episodes, that was a solid 10/10 as far as good twists are concerned. And the opening is very much living rent-free in my head.

I hope that was enough information for you!

Last edited:
Tier 1

CLAIM

Anime: https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/bang-dream-2nd-season
Started on 5/24/2021, and finished on 5/27/2021.
# of views (At the time I finished watching this.): 752.
Tag of choice: Music.
Desc: I recently-ish watched the first season of this, and thought that was pretty decent, so I thought why not watch the 2nd season? I liked this one too, but I wasn't a big fan of the CGI this season used. I suck at explaining plots & creating synopsis', but basically (like with a lot of musical anime) it's about some classmates who create a band, become famous, etc, and this second season expands on that.

This looks fun, I don't think I really understand the rules, but I'll try it out. So does this challenge go till the end of 2021? And can I use stuff I've already watched (and if so, how long ago can I have watched it, like do I have to have watched it during this year ?)

Edit Also does the anime have to be at least 5 minutes long?

Last edited:
Tier 1

Claim

Watched: 27/5-27/5
Anime: https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/el-hazard-the-magnificent-world-2
# of views: 2,331
Tag of Choice: Isekai
Description: Watched the first season not that long ago and while El Hazard isn't anything super amazing, it is a fun watch and rather creative. Fujiwara-san has the best powers, Jinnai has the best maniacal laugh I've ever heard (and is overall the best character), and Makoto fits my need for dudes in distress. While everything worked out in the end, I believe that the moral of the story is: bitches be crazy (especially lesbians!)

Back