number24

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Damias, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Damias

Damias Database Moderator

Posted by Damias on Mar 22, 2019
  2. Damias

3. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Mar 22, 2019
    What is with this surge of rugby anime lately? Has this sport suddenly become mega popular in Japan?

Nicknames, Franconator and Zed like this.
  4. Damias

Posted by Damias on Mar 22, 2019
    Basketball and baseball is so yesterday. Where else will we get hot muscular men of the teenage age? Wait, that doesn't sound right....

Nicknames, Franconator and ShinShini like this.
  5. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Awww this isn't a sequel to that shitty Jim Carrey movie.

6. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

burntpopcorn likes this.
  7. BishieFangirlSA

BishieFangirlSA New Member

More sports anime with beautiful anime guys! Can't wait!

Aerythrin likes this.
  8. Envytastic

Envytastic Active Member

Hopefully this won't be another nuclear wreck like Try Knights

Franconator likes this.
  9. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

*Checks the studio*

Hope in one hand and shit in the other. See which fills up quicker.

Franconator likes this.
  10. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

They don't make hockey anime because Japan sucks at hockey.

Franconator likes this.
  11. Claptrap

Claptrap Database Moderator

wow that's a lot of characters.

nothing super special, but tackling the game from the manager side and people who can't will their way through illness could be interesting. seems like it could be interesting at least

Franconator likes this.
  12. Mayflowers

Mayflowers Well-Known Member

Watched just because and i have to say Natsu & Sei are cute together but so is Natsu & Yuu.

13. c5h12o5

c5h12o5 New Member

I like this anime and I ship Sei x Natsu !! *kyaaaa* >////<

14. OneCraftyLady

OneCraftyLady Well-Known Member

Episode 1:

So, am I the only dumbass who didn't fully read the synopsis and going totally off the image of a bunch of dudes in a yard, surrounded by buildings, and all wearing the same uniform, thought this anime was about dudes in prison? No? Just me? That's cool.

Lack of prison content aside. This was a pretty good first episode for a sports anime. I like sports anime. So I'm happy to continue this one. I really like our main character and we seem to have a lot of interesting characters in the group. Looking forward to this.

Franconator likes this.
  15. Franconator

Franconator Well-Known Member

Episode 1:

FUCKY YEAH LOOK AT ALL THESE BUFF BOYS

The character designs are shitty generic, but at least they didn't forget about putting muscles on their rugby players, so you know, it all balances out. It's cute that the show expects me to remember all of these guys, but I'm giving it a chance because the main character's backstory's actually interesting enough for me to keep hanging around. It feels like a Try Knights spinoff, especially with things like this all over the goddamn place:

[​IMG]

But at least it's not as in your face about the gayness as Try Knights. That's not really saying much, I realize, but we'll take all the good we can get from this show.

It's not just you, I was totally duped by that poster too.

[​IMG]
    You already know this is gonna be good, because this is the first shot you're bombarded with as soon as the OP's beat kicks in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This guy thinks he's so cool, but all I needed to hear was, "oh yeah, that guy, he used to play the same position as that injured-for-life ex-super rookie MC of ours, huh" before predicting the exact beats his development arc will go through before he starts to begrudgingly respect our injured-for-life ex-super rookie MC.

[​IMG]
    This is the anime sports equivalent of this.

[​IMG]
    Get yourself a sports anime that's surprisingly mature and realistic about being a sports anime.

[​IMG]
    And get yourself the right kind of udon noodles while you're at it. You deserve the gentlest udon noodles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "WE ARE THE MOST HETEROSEXUAL OF ALL THE HETEROSEXUALS"

16. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

This is some gay ass shit, and the more you profess your non-gayness, the more gay you are. But rugby is pretty gay: burly, strong, muscular men grunting and pushing and pressing against each other to grab some balls. That's pretty gay.

I'm guessing the number 24 is a super gay number, and I'm just saying that so everything about this post is gay.

Franconator likes this.
  17. Franconator

Franconator Well-Known Member

There's really gotta be something connecting the rugby gayness and the fact that most of the schools that get to partake in it are the rich boy schools most of the rich gay boys go to.

daisicles and Thrawn like this.
  18. Claptrap

definitely aims for people who like shipping. sniffing and 'ill call your bff to pick you up' and senpai-kouhai relationships.

the show is drama sports which isn't a bad time waster. it's a fun enough way to pass the time even if it's not super special.

one thing i do give credit to is that the mc isn't a super boring bland shounen protag trying hard. his angle of mischievous manager is more interesting.

wow the ending theme illustrations are gay. surprised they'll change every week

by the reactions of everyone catching them in there together you'd think they were making out.

19. ShinShini

ShinShini Well-Known Member

I'd say it's the main selling point that the MC is a manipulative little shit, but still kinda likable. Like,
    "you want to threaten me in order to bring me to leave? How about brass knuckles in your stomach?"
    That's more than just mischievous.

Also yeah, easy bonus points if a show goes the extra step to modify the ED.

EP 2:
    All in all, after Try Knights and the obvious similarities between the shows, I went into it expecting to hate it and drop it. But it's actually quite decent. For a show that has yet to rugby.

Franconator and Claptrap like this.
  20. Claptrap

also i feel like there is a ridiculous amount of gay third wheel pining from seiichirou, enough that i feel bad for him. there, at the very least, seems to be this intentional jealousy drama being set

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Aerythrin, Franconator and ShinShini like this.