Noragami

CaptainPancakes

Noragami

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

56175l.jpg

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and rules can be found here.

----------------------------------------------------

Uh did I do the thread right? First time so idk.

Anyways excited because the manga is great so far and one of my favorites. Can't wait to watch this one.

First PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjSZ7X-kvi0
Second PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpFjMtWTmsY

Devil Survivor 2 meets Bakemonogatari from the looks of it, and Hiroshi Kamiya in the lead role just like the other two.
I have my reservations, but I remain hopeful.

Episode 1: That was an awesome first episode and it really does remind me a lot of the Monogatari series without the incredibly long dialogue. Bonus points for having Taku Iwasaki as the composer for the soundtrack. That background music was the first thing I noticed about this show.

Episode 1

A great episode. I did wish the beginning interaction between Hiyori and Yato was a bit lengthened, but it's fine. I love the soundtrack and the OP and the animation is cool. So nice to see a manga you like animated...first time too since I usually just watch the anime instead of the manga. Nice change for me personally this time around.

From the looks of things here in the thread I made a good choice in picking this up! I love monogatari

Nice OP and wow, ED made by supercell. This is bound to be good.

First episode looks promising, both protagonists are likeable, and style is good too. Looks like the nice series i was bound to miss, just like i do every season(i even overlooked bakemonogatari when it aired) ;D
just hope its not going to be too much shonen'ish

Episode 1:

That was probably my favorite first episode I watched today. The energy was good, the humor was good, the action looked nice. It's nothing ground breaking, pretty standard shounen stuff, but the point that stuck out to me was female lead. She got to have lots of personality and she was no damsel in distress. While Yato was extremely typical for the genre, if very funny with his delusions of grandeur, she was definitely the standout this episode.

I like that she has the interest in mixed martial arts, but I loved her cat hiss when Yato showed up in her room and I love when she kicked the monster in the face, especially the expression she pulled right after. She's definitely an interesting character and my favorite thing about the episode.

The OST was really nice, as were the op and ed. So overall the first episode gets a thumbs up from me. Hopefully this will stay interesting. Definitely enjoyed this more than the first episode of Space Dandy.

first episode i'll admit has caught my attention a bit, interested to see how this anime plays out. Also
love it how the lady at the start quit working for a god, that made me laugh a bit.

episode 1
Koyomi's VA playing the male lead? Check!

Supercell soundtrack? Check!

Spiritual abnormality/entities roaming the land? Check!

Likeable female MC? Check!

Artsy backdrops? Ehh... close enough!

It definitely has a similar feel to Bake and I liek. This is how you do a ghost-out of the body but not quite sorta show Saikin. Take notes.

Ep1.
You know when there is a substantial difference in quality of animation?
The sequence when the girl knocks over a bunch of stuff in the hospital, later when they are talking the mat painting of the room shows that exact stuff on the floor.
It is also scaled well for how far she went to get away from Yato.

I half thought this was going to go down the Yu Yu Hakusho or 3X3 eyes route with the
bus hitting her. I thought the rest of the series was going to be her dead and indentured in saving the god.

I laughed a bit when he told her how much it was going to cost for a "miracle"
Anyhow, yeah fun stuff. Now to hope I can not mix up this with the other "n" title I am watching Nabunagun.

Episode 1

A pretty good episode. But it left me a bit confused about the classroom thing at the start. And I was hoping that they would put more emphasis on the bullying thing.

Episode 01

The OP is lovely I like the song and the way it's animated, the ED is pretty good as well. The episode was really enjoyable, the characters seem quite interesting especially the female lead her cat hissing made me laugh out loud. the story so far seems pretty interesting as well, the comedy is kinda meh though the action makes up for it it really looks like a fun show and defintly one i'll keep on watching!

Episode 1

Didn't know Araragi's VA was gonna be the MC, nor Supercell doing the ED. Very enjoyable first episode. Perhaps the best so far. OST was good, animation was pretty good, and the premise is interesting. Gonna enjoy this one.

Bones sure has it going this season.

Back