Nichijou

m1k3209

Nichijou
Alt title: My Ordinary Life

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

I found Episode 0 to be funny and the first episode followed suit. This is my kind of show.

This show is random. Quite random. The things that happen are far from ordinary. There is a robot and it's young creator, three seemingly normal school girls aaand a goat (?), plus others. What would seem to be simple occurences, like eating lunch, become pretty intense.

So far, this appears to be something like a crazier Azumanga Daioh or Lucky Star.
Speaking of Lucky Star, the Lucky Channel cast is back! Akira-sama is Hakase and Shiraishi is Sakamoto-san, the talking cat :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Nichijou

I'm not sure if I liked the first episode more than the episode 00 OVA... the last half was really good though. I loved the lunch scene! Sakamoto is yet to make an appearance too. I really like the other characters though, and I tend to be averse to moe tripe. The artwork is lovely picture-book quality. Everything is very random. There is no story whatsoever. It's just amusing, but not even frequently lolfunny. Laid-back fun I suppose. I'll be watching all of this either way because I'm doing the characters...

This show is great :)

It's like a brand new Azumanga Daioh.

O8Ou6.gif

Chiyo & Osaka :)

^ That's the impression I got just by looking at one image a while ago. Also that gif is so cute.

Other than Kaiji/Gintama I won't be starting any show until they're over (as usual), but I'm already looking forward to this one. =P

Yeah. I wish they'd make more shows like this.

I'm still holding out hope for a Yotsuba&! anime *fingers crossed*

... some day :)

Yotsuba& anime would be awesome. A manga I've found that is similar to Nichijou that I would love to see animated is Harumination. Its style seems pretty nice.

I watched Episode 0, and I thought that it was decent, but not fantastic. However, I really liked the first episode. It was so cute, and the art was (still) gorgeous. I really like Mai, the girl with glasses, so far. Looking forward to more eps!

This is one of the shows I have been waiting for this season. I am loving it so far.

Episode 1
2011 Azumanga Daioh

Was that a goat.. Yes a person riding a goat. Lol at shooting the clay disk as the dog is jumping for it :laugh: Hands down lunch scene has got to be the best part of the episode. SAFE! No.. you're definitely out..

Not a big fan of the OP, but i love the ED

A bit funny + lovely animation + randomness = the formula to one hell of a great show BUT the episodes 00 and 01 are far from enough for me to give my definite opinion.

Personally I don't think it's another Azumanga Daioh but whatever... ^^

ep 1 AHAHAHAHA... i have no idea what this is but i cant stop laughing its like Azumanga with a super charger.

This seems like Azumanga Daioh (like everyone has said). Too bad Azumanga was kind of hit and miss for me. Oh well.

yeah... i sorta stopped half way through the ep. the wife topped it off but i lost interest... It was a little too insane for me.

One episode isn't really enough to judge I think. If it can be even half as funny as Azumanga daioh it'd be a big hit. O.o

I dont find this anime all that interested just not my kind of anime i guess.
I'll watch a few more episodes to decide if im gonna continue it.

Definitely hit or miss. Mainly miss for me at this stage though this ep gave me a couple of laughs.

The highlight definitely was the running scene. That was super awesome.

Back