News and infos sources?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OmegaYami, Jul 28, 2020.

1. OmegaYami

OmegaYami Active Member

What are your sources of infos and news on the anime world? I'm really curious to know...

2. Nitroglycerin

Nitroglycerin Well-Known Member

This place right here because I’m lazy AF and don’t wanna use more sites than I have to

3. OmegaYami

OmegaYami Active Member

yeah I'm lazy too xD though I like to learn, and maybe there is lots of stuff I don't know about out there...

4. Taek

Taek Well-Known Member

Posted by Taek on Jul 29, 2020
    anime news network, mainly.

I often don't like their opinion pieces, but they're pretty on the ball with posting actual news.

5. Vuh

Vuh Well-Known Member

Posted by Vuh on Jul 29, 2020
    I just read whatever people post on AP and go from there. If it has the @Gens or @ZetsubouKaiji or @Starletka, etc. Seal of Approvalthen I know it's going to be a decent work. I'm already overworked and flush with information overload as it is, so I kinda just go with the flow and use the folks on AP as pseudo-curators.

6. Starletka

Starletka Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And same tbh. The forum is a good source for news and opinions.

7. femcore

femcore Well-Known Member

yeah AP tbh

I don't really look up anime news except I'll occasionally be like "oh I wonder whats up with the next season of x" and find out whatever I was thinking of is never getting another season

8. JEKYLLnHYDE

JEKYLLnHYDE Well-Known Member

i mostly use AP database with a cross reference of whats been English dubbed (i prefer dub due to dyslexia).

however there are a few anime youtubers i occasionally check out.

the main youtuber i follow for anime is rageing golden eagle hes a mostly culture war and political channel and his views are pretty close to mine and so it works out that his taste in anime is fairly close to mine.
    tbh my only gripe with eagle is hes a massive ecchie fan and i'm not tho i did find inter species reviewers kinda funny

9. OmegaYami

OmegaYami Active Member

Japan seems pretty isolated, almost "insulated" in a bubble... I have yet to find a (virtual) place in which Japanese, speaking English, directly communicate with "Westerners". It is PhD research worthy material...