New: Support Anime-Planet on Patreon, and dark mode now available for all users!

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by sothis, Mar 1, 2021.

1. tychon

tychon New Member

Posted by tychon on Mar 1, 2021
    Glad to see you too, and thank you for all your effort. I'm rather fond of this thing you've made.

2. MrLolo

MrLolo Active Member

Posted by MrLolo on Mar 2, 2021
    I will definitely support Anime-Planet on Patreon! I really love this site!
    I think you might also consider fundraising campaigns several times a year. They work since they get people excited about reaching a goal.

Nicknames likes this.
  3. Feinraf

Feinraf Forum Moderator Developer Gold Supporter

We offer 3 roles to Patrons on Discord depending on which tier you sign up to.

Tip Jar - Supporter role
    Silver - Silver Supporter role
    Gold - Gold Supporter role

You can see a list of the benefits for each role by joining our Discord server and checking out the #news channel:

https://discord.gg/XybDbD9

4. RainREI

RainREI New Member

:pokerface:

5. Manthika

Manthika New Member

So... does this mean there might be a goal where once you get enough support, you remove the clickbait news articles or something?

6. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on Mar 2, 2021
    Eh? We don't post news articles on Anime-Planet. Can you give more context?

7. lordhewlett

lordhewlett New Member

I will Definitely be turning my Adblocker off on this site and hitting up Patreon! <3 ya guys!

Kari5 and Feinraf like this.
  8. Manthika

Manthika New Member

Um. Idk what you call it then? Whenever I'm on any overview page of a manga or something, there's a box to the right that says something random like "Chloe Zhao becomes first woman to win golden globe for best director (featured by vi)" maybe tabloid articles instead of news?

Sorry, this probably isn't the place to say anything about this, I'm just not interested in those myself and I know ad revenue is a thing, I wasn't like. Trying to complain. I just think they're weird, lol.

9. Clotilde

Clotilde Well-Known Member

Ads can be annoying, but more annoying and sad would be the site going down, ill disable adblock

10. Gazsi

Gazsi Member

Posted by Gazsi on Mar 3, 2021
    I don't use addblock and barely see any ads here

11. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on Mar 3, 2021
    Gotcha - these are indeed some of the few ad units we have (we don't control the content in the ads). As long as it ends up being feasible from a coding perspective, we aim to launch a Patreon tier that will include ad-free browsing (will not show any ads)

12. Manthika

Manthika New Member

Gotcha, sounds cool :) I know little about coding besides that adding new things sometimes messes up the rest so best of luck with that and thanks for responding :)

13. AshRulesAfterlife

AshRulesAfterlife New Member

I legit just found the dark mode...

LUCIIIII likes this.
  14. LUCIIIII

LUCIIIII Active Member

The dark mode is really great!! ^-^
    [​IMG]

15. Zagtheman

Zagtheman New Member

dammm

16. Dissey

Dissey Silver Supporter

Posted by Dissey on Mar 4, 2021
    I'm glad you got the patreon up, it's nice to be able to give back to A-P after all the years of being our fantastic database :)

Starletka likes this.
  17. Reavinger

Reavinger New Member

You should have a presence on other platforms than just Patreon, such as SubscribeStar, for us that don't like or want to give Patreon money.

18. Grizz

Grizz Database Moderator

Posted by Grizz on Mar 15, 2021
    Direct paypal donations are still possible here. Maintaining multiple platforms is not very fesiable for the small staff team currently and eats into the time that would be better spent actually doing things on site.