New feature: recent forum posts in anime and manga pages

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
The most recent three forum posts now appear in anime and manga information pages, in the right-hand sidebar:

From Musekinin Galaxy Tylor:

Latg0th.png

Currently, full posts appear, even if they're really long. We're working on a solution to make this collapsed/easier to use. Spoiler tags render and work if you click on them. You can click the button at the bottom of the discussion section to jump straight to adding a reply.

But I don't have a forum account, how can I participate?

You can! We launched forum/site integration a few months ago. Now, as long as you're logged into the site, you can post in the forum without having to do anything special. The accounts are merged, which is why we're starting to launch more integration features across the site.

Discussion threads
posting guidelines and expectations

Because forum posts are now visible in entries, some reminders about discussion expectations and guidelines:

• Per-episode discussion posts must be in spoiler tags. If you talk about the content of an episode and it's not super high level (such as 'what a funny episode!'), a spoiler tag is required.

• Put a phrase or sentence before the spoiler tag so that it's readable in entries. For example, "Episode 3". Do not use phrases that will have less context from an anime or manga page, such as just "3" instead of "Episode 3". The post should also not solely be a spoiler tag or image without any text.

• Do not post questions like 'where can I watch this'. These posts will be deleted immediately.

• Trolling spoilers purposefully will result in an immediate ban.

• If you'd like to start a discussion thread that doesn't exist yet for an anime, let us know here!

Thanks, as always, for your continued support of Anime-Planet. :drinking:

Last edited:
I like this a lot, but it'll require more attention to using spoiler tags. I feel spoilers aren't generally a big problem here, but I know a lot of long running shows often have people talking about early on events without tags.

Other than that concern, it looks nice and hopefully will bring more attention to the forum. Nice work! :drinking:

Well, there's always been the spoiler rule, but mods have been more lax about making sure spoiler tags are used. This will just be a need to enforce the rule that's already there :)

Back