New feature: export list (v1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
As mentioned 2 hours ago, we've been fast tracking a few features over the past few days because of recent issues with another anime site.

We've just launched a very preliminary V1 of the export feature, designed to give you a quick backup of your anime and manga lists for emergency reasons. To access the page, click the link at the bottom of your anime or manga list (next to the import link).

• The files are not meant to be human-readable, but we'll add a HTML file that displays it in a readable way in a next release

• It's not possible to re-import these lists into Anime-Planet from the import page yet. That'll come next as well.

This feature is very subject to change as we continue working on it. We're also working on a few new import types for the import page.

:drinking:

It requires the other sites to add functionality, if you want to import you have to wait for them to add that functionality. If you bug them they should add it quickly since it benefits them to do so.

From what I can see you can't use the export for anything

The export was meant to be an emergency backup/peace of mind for people - we're still working on getting the re-import added here on Anime-Planet. I'm not sure what else there is to do with it?

The export was meant to be an emergency backup/peace of mind for people - we're still working on getting the re-import added here on Anime-Planet. I'm not sure what else there is to do with it?

People wanted a export list to get their list on to other sites for back ups in case of A-P was down for some time

People wanted a export list to get their list on to other sites for back ups in case of A-P was down for some time

I can't help with that part since we don't own or write code for other sites. What we did want to provide is a backup that people could have in case of emergencies

I can't help with that part since we don't own or write code for other sites. What we did want to provide is a backup that people could have in case of emergencies

I know that but what about using the XML type that all other sites uses

I know that but what about using the XML type that all other sites uses
They would still have to write the import code for it, our series don't necessarily match one-to-one with theirs. So that wouldn't really have helped any.

Thanks a lot for this. This is a feature that I've been looking forward to. Nice thing about JSON files is that they can be converted into spreadsheets. There are several online converters that can do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back