Neon Genesis Evangelion

"the year is 2015..."

i lolled

man, one word outta Shinji's mouth and i already hate him...

dafuq? Rei a ghost or sumthin'..? i thought she was supposed to still be alive...

that looks like a hollow...

but

"IT'S AN ANJERU !!!!!!"

oh man, the music is killing me xD

"conventional weapons don't work on Angels, but we needed to get an entire battalion killed to make sure that this one wasn't different."

totes makes sense

"NUKE THE FUCKER !!!!!"

these two are surprisingly chill for people who narrowly escaped death at the hands of a kaiju that the military was powerless to stop till they set off what seemed to be a nuclear bomb in close proximity to them...

"conventional weapons don't work on Angels, but we needed to get an entire battalion killed to make sure that this one wasn't different."

totes makes sense

"NUKE THE FUCKER !!!!!"

oh, ok it's the "incompetent bone-headed military guys not listening to the scientists" trope, gotcha...

hey! it's the classic "adjustment to glasses" moment!

now we know shit's about to go down

maybe...

"Well, as head scientist here at NERV, it's my job to randomly stand around stripping in front of the EVA"

"Commence Operation 'Get Shinji to Pilot the EVA by Using an Injured Rei to Make Him Feel Gulity'!"

no need to warn him about the capsule being flooded before hand...

they can't give him even that much preparation, and she's like

"don't get killed out there"

lul what?

:laugh:

this is looking to be a barrel of laughs so far...

Last edited:
where's the tumbleweed and the shootout music..?

yeah, he's totes ready...

"woah! that worthless shit actually made the thing move!"

well... that was good while it lasted...

no need to worry though, the friendly neighbourhood ANJERU! (TM)'s got his back...

really nice of it, giving him a hand like that...

Last edited:
"i just wanted to pee !!!!"

"i know we told you you don't need to run away anymore, but right now you need to..."

"YAAAAH !!!!!"

"oh, fuck everything!"

Last edited:
Honestly, people complaining about the gay line being changed, I disagree. The scene is still VERY gay, and the translation Netflix uses is both more accurate and fits the story better.

Get back in the robot, Shinji. You haven't finished shit yet.
d5fafe3bb9baca8b6b7277a7211c384b.gif

I really don't have the motivation to watch that movie. I'm fine with accepting this ending.

d5fafe3bb9baca8b6b7277a7211c384b.gif

I really don't have the motivation to watch that movie. I'm fine with accepting this ending.

The movie is an experience. I'd really recommend it. It's kind of amazing that a studio let Anno put his vision on screen like this. The film works in tandem with the ending of the TV series to make for a complete experience. Skipping the film is like quitting at the one yard line.

I'm doing it. I'm watching NGE.

The OP slaps. I say like I haven't heard the song a million times before.
Misato is cool. Shinji and the whole harem thing is going to be a headache.
Get in the fucking robot, Shinji.

And here I expected a BNHA fight where the meek weak protagonist is actually OP af, but nope. He dead. Braindead anyway. And the suit is moving on its own.

3-4
I am going to make this easy for myself and already assume that Shinji is not MEANT to be likable. That he's meant to be realistic, even if it means you'll most likely end up hating him. Right from the start, he's not written like your classic goody two shoes hero that everyone absolutely has to love or as a shallow super volunteer wanting some personal revenge. He never asked for any of this, he doesn't want any of it, and I doubt any of us would have an easy time dealing with what he's dealing with already. And you know what? I like this. I'd much rather take this that a Midoriya or an Eren. I don't even mind the screaming, because I would probably do that too. While shitting my pants.

Last edited:
5-6
More interested in being a sugar daddy that a real dad. Typical. Can't really blame Shinji for hating him.
Also, he's gay. That's clear as day.
Where are the angels even coming from? They just materialise out of thin air?
Sucks to be Shinji.

5-6
More interested in being a sugar daddy that a real dad. Typical. Can't really blame Shinji for hating him.
Also, he's gay. That's clear as day.
Where are the angels even coming from? They just materialise out of thin air?
Sucks to be Shinji.
Shinji gay? Nah. From what I heard about the manga, he's just a really deep in the closet bisexual.

Shinji gay? Nah. From what I heard about the manga, he's just a really deep in the closet bisexual.
I mean, the manga is another continuity, so nothing from there should count towards the anime. That said, the anime still has that episode with Kaworu, and well, yeah.

He has just been fighting for somebody to acknowledge him but everybody has their own issues. Dad is a bitter old man, the girls are both unique cases... the best girl of the series is still struggling with her own issues.

I remember there was some 'drama' regarding Shinji's sexuality when Netflix got their hands on the series and 'lines were changed'.

I think he would have even even been open for bestiality if the penguin wasn't so ice cold towards him. He just wanted some loves.

Last edited:

I mean, the manga is another continuity, so nothing from there should count towards the anime. That said, the anime still has that episode with Kaworu, and well, yeah.

He has just been fighting for somebody to acknowledge him but everybody has their own issues. Dad is a bitter old man, the girls are both unique cases... the best girl of the series is still struggling with her own issues.

I remember there was some 'drama' regarding Shinji's sexuality when Netflix got their hands on the series and 'lines were changed'.

I think he would have even even been open for bestiality if the penguin wasn't so ice cold towards him. He just wanted some loves.
Well, he's not straight. Let's agree on that.

It is strange to say, but I don't think it's that simple or straight forward. A lot of how he reacts is kind based on his insecurity and how people interact with him. We are talking about a kid who just wants to be acknowledged by his father and there are characters thrown at him left and right to fill that void, but he is very hesitant towards all of them... and for good reason. He struggles to meet expectations, but when he does do well, people don't react how he expects them to react ... or he even throws his own windows in.

Kaworu has a really specific role in the series, almost like a lullaby that Shinji is fascinated with.

Could be straight, could be bi, could be anything really... I think it's still more about him wanting somebody to acknowledge him in the way that he wants.

Last edited:
I kinda thought Misato was like... 13. Since that's when anime characters are full adults in most shows. But she's 29? Like an actual disaster adult? Nice. But if they try to force a romance between her and Shinji, I'm gonna throw hands.

Ha! Asuka!
Is this meant to be an equivalent to a beach episode?
Well, this all seems a little too convinient.
Wait. Whoa. Whoa.

I kinda thought Misato was like... 13. Since that's when anime characters are full adults in most shows. But she's 29? Like an actual disaster adult? Nice. But if they try to force a romance between her and Shinji, I'm gonna throw hands.
I mean, she drinks beer all the time and is renting an apartment....

Back