Natsu no Arashi!

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Ascendancy, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Ascendancy

Ascendancy New Member

Natsu no Arashi![sadhl=2379]natsu-no-arashi[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

First episode was really weird and i have no clue what the heck this is about. It was awesome though in some way. The animation has a nice play with lines and goniometric figures. Also it's nice and funny.

Anyone else watching this?

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009
  2. Quizap

Quizap Well-Known Member

Posted by Quizap on Apr 6, 2009
    Re: Natsu no Arashi

I watched it but thought it was more annoying to watch then anything. I don't like the kid in glasses and the story was dumb to follow for me.

The whole episode was about how the kid created explosive strawberries and its him with a woman going back and forth through time to get the strawberries back.... I don't know about you guys but I found it boring.

3. Ascendancy

Ascendancy New Member

Yeah, the first 5 minutes were droppable. But then it got nicer. And actually funny.
    Plus, i wanne see where this is going to. I expect a lot.

4. MrHanky35

MrHanky35 New Member

i agree with Quizap about the charecters and the story.
    i really didnt find the animation to my style as well, i found the girl to be freaky as shit. i did snicker a little bit and the
    strawberries. was also intresting to note that if they didnt go back in time they wouldnt need to. aka the strawberry they went back for. one was taken by the dad, one was taken by the kid, and the other was taken by the chick when they went bk in time to retreve the strawberrie b4 it was taken. but their the ones who took it. ditto with the shortcake.
    i dont think ill be watching this all the way threw, but im still gunna give it another ep just cause i snickerd a small amout in the first ep. but overal it was a sucky ep at trying to draw you in imo.

5. Whojive

Whojive New Member

Posted by Whojive on Apr 8, 2009
    on the fence with this show, saw things that could mean it will be good or fail horribly. will give it another ep or 2

6. Xennon

Xennon New Member

Posted by Xennon on Apr 12, 2009
    MMMMMEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHH!

It was ok.

7. Ascendancy

Ascendancy New Member

i liked episode 2. 1 was some kind of introduction it seems.

8. Szwagier

Szwagier Member

I barely survived the first ep.. The setting is weak, the story is non-existent and the comedy is not funny :O Perfect candidate to drop, and free some transfer for better shows :P

9. Xennon

Xennon New Member

Posted by Xennon on Apr 14, 2009
    The first episode felt like, if it happened in mid season, we would all be yelling "Filler filler!"

10. alexander

alexander New Member

You're all crazy. This is awesome.

The title makes clear that the show is about a summer past, when the narrator was young. Add the rural scenery and nostalgic kamishibai and less than two minutes in we have the kind of memory the Japanese love. If that's not your thing, change the channel now.

The first episode takes place in the middle of summer, to show the ensemble and mood that made it unforgettable. This should capture viewers enjoying interaction (Slice of Life). Everyone else: drop it.

The second episode then starts the story, inter-cutting teasers for some drama and generally showing off the director. We also get an open reference to the author's previous work. Still in doubt and don't trust either? Stop wasting time.

Thanks for listening to alexander's evaluation guide.

Does Sayaka remind anybody else of Haruhara?

Hajime is great, especially the hat and the way he talks.

Hideo is even drawn with heavier outlines :D

Sugita was the perfect voice for the cop!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  11. cedulet

cedulet New Member

yawn... boring.

12. purplemo

purplemo New Member

I'm actually enjoying this quite a bit, something I never would have thought I would say given it is written by the same person who created School Rumble. This feels a lot like Futakoi Alternative and Niea i.e. it is another one of those shows where you just have to take the world and situation for what it is without some long winded narrative about the rules of the world. A pretty laid back slice o'life that is not as thick on forced comedy as School Rumble (thank god!) that is pretty enjoyable given that I'm not really in the mood for something too serious.

13. Ascendancy

Ascendancy New Member

Wow, 6 really gave the chills.
    It's all so perfectly excecuted. And so different.
    I suppose this is gonne be top 5 material for me.
    I just hate the useless parts that appear sometimes.
    Wtf are they about.

14. NimirRa

NimirRa Member

Episode 7:
    I dunno if I missed something, but is the bra shopping ever explained? XD

15. Ascendancy

Ascendancy New Member

I think it will be, in time.

Ooh, i laughed a dozen of times at episode 8. It was so ridiculously funny.

16. MercurialMorpheus

MercurialMorpheus New Member

Finally picked this up. Watched two episodes so far. It's rather random, but has it's moment. I'm also curious where it's going.

Reading that it's from the creator of School Rumble clears some things up. It's definitely improving with each episode. THe Z Gundam joke in five was priceless, though it's a shame that Jun's secret, while somewhat obvious already, was spoiled by Kaya's line and the first episode.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  17. kmak

kmak New Member

Posted by kmak on Jul 3, 2009
    lol anyone else notice that harima and tenma from school rumble are sitting in the cafe at 16:20 in episode 2 at the time the detective comes in while Jun is holding the shop. Awesomeness!

18. alexander

alexander New Member

Always topical, I assumed the reaction thread was about reaction shots. Not so. Ah well, now that it's uploaded:

ep13
    [​IMG]

19. Roman

Roman Member

Posted by Roman on Dec 3, 2010
    Dropped at episode 6. It was very boring and it didn't show any signs of progress, just stagnation. I also absolutely can't stand that asinine ''Salt, please!'' running gag and Jun... I wanna strangle that douchecunt. The series had also a lot of potential. It could explore the dangers of time travel, touch upon the ghosts' pasts just something. Instead we get this halfassed, annoying show about some wisecracking kid.