Nana

> Turkey doesn't hate this anime
Quite like it so far actually, as I do most good anime. It hasn't tickled me inappropriately yet. Though I do not like shouji at all.

> Turkey doesn't call Hachi a slut
1566038255761.jpg

People do that?
:cereal:

up to 10

i'm surprised this isn't much of a music anime with how it was compared to carole & tuesday to me. it's like literally nothing like that show. I'm not disappointed at least, it's more of a drama and a pretty good one at that.

up to 10

i'm surprised this isn't much of a music anime with how it was compared to carole & tuesday to me. it's like literally nothing like that show. I'm not disappointed at least, it's more of a drama and a pretty good one at that.
It is a music anime. But the characters are more important, therefore in more focus.

It is a music anime. But the characters are more important, therefore in more focus.
I just mean the comparison to C&T wasn't all that reasonable in retrospect since that show focused completely on music and this one focuses almost completely on characters. So far at least, i'm 20% into the show and there's been very little music.

my oh my
shouji cheated? stop the presses. this is such a shocking twist, so shocking it's electrifying, i am so shocked my skin is melting off.

I do not like this guy. And then he plays all "woopsie daisy" afterwords. Man FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK this guy

I have a problem with this show. Though it's more accurately a problem with me as the viewer, TBH. I was gonna wait til I finished the anime to post this, but I just now realized it and I'm gonna forget if I don't say it now.

This show is out of... I rather, am outside of the show's intended audience. I imagine a lot of people are actually. It's 3 o clock AM so bear with me.

The show's target audience is like, adult women, right? It seems like it to me. Regardless, usually I rate shows mostly based on quality, then partly based on how much they resonate with me personally. That's how all my 9/10 and 10/10 shows get their scores really, all those anime have some kind of personal meaning to me, meaning they've reached me in some way. Which is why I'm pretty sure this anime isn't getting above an 8/10 for me.

This is one quality piece of work here, it's got quality story, characters, writing, relationships, music, animation, art (actually I don't prefer the artstyle to others but it is technically pretty good), and I pretty much have no complaints with anything having to do with how it's made. It's fully competently made and good and all that.

But you wanna know why I'm not saying much about it? I'm like, racking my brain trying to come up with things to say about it, and it just hit me why that is, and why I'm kind of just going through the motions with it. I am too young for this show. Too inexperienced or whatever. There is NOTHING in this show that I can relate to, whatsoever. Not a single solitary thing. I can appreciate the themes therein, and I understand what they're going for and I can see that they're handling things right, but... it's just not me. At least so far, this show has dealt purely with really grounded concepts, that I've literally never seen in real life before or experienced anything like them.

I just dunno what to say about the events that happen in the show because I don't understand them.

Frankly, I don't understand any of this show. At all. Like, I can't comprehend it. I physically am not capable of fully grasping this anime yet. It was made for people way older and more experienced than I am. And that's fine. Maybe I'll come back to stuff like this and Rakugo and Sangatsu in a few years and enjoy more of it. But like, yeah. Sorry if that's disappointing.

Hopefully this makes sense @Starletka

I have a problem with this show. Though it's more accurately a problem with me as the viewer, TBH. I was gonna wait til I finished the anime to post this, but I just now realized it and I'm gonna forget if I don't say it now.

This show is out of... I rather, am outside of the show's intended audience. I imagine a lot of people are actually. It's 3 o clock AM so bear with me.

The show's target audience is like, adult women, right? It seems like it to me. Regardless, usually I rate shows mostly based on quality, then partly based on how much they resonate with me personally. That's how all my 9/10 and 10/10 shows get their scores really, all those anime have some kind of personal meaning to me, meaning they've reached me in some way. Which is why I'm pretty sure this anime isn't getting above an 8/10 for me.

This is one quality piece of work here, it's got quality story, characters, writing, relationships, music, animation, art (actually I don't prefer the artstyle to others but it is technically pretty good), and I pretty much have no complaints with anything having to do with how it's made. It's fully competently made and good and all that.

But you wanna know why I'm not saying much about it? I'm like, racking my brain trying to come up with things to say about it, and it just hit me why that is, and why I'm kind of just going through the motions with it. I am too young for this show. Too inexperienced or whatever. There is NOTHING in this show that I can relate to, whatsoever. Not a single solitary thing. I can appreciate the themes therein, and I understand what they're going for and I can see that they're handling things right, but... it's just not me. At least so far, this show has dealt purely with really grounded concepts, that I've literally never seen in real life before or experienced anything like them.

I just dunno what to say about the events that happen in the show because I don't understand them.

Frankly, I don't understand any of this show. At all. Like, I can't comprehend it. I physically am not capable of fully grasping this anime yet. It was made for people way older and more experienced than I am. And that's fine. Maybe I'll come back to stuff like this and Rakugo and Sangatsu in a few years and enjoy more of it. But like, yeah. Sorry if that's disappointing.

For a post about being too young, this is a pretty mature conclusion to come to, you mad lad. You have my complete respect for it as well.

It's okay. I don't really get how you don't get it, seeing as I've watched it when I was like 16 and had probably even less experience that you have right now, but I understand. Maybe you'll return back to it again sometime in the future.

It's okay. I don't really get how you don't get it, seeing as I've watched it when I was like 16 and had probably even less experience that you have right now, but I understand. Maybe you'll return back to it again sometime in the future.
Again it's not that I don't get what's going on, I just don't get how these characters think or act, like I can't relate to it so it starts seeming alien and weird to me. I understand that it's probably all very realistic, but it just doesn't resonate with me is the point I was trying to make.

It's all about relatability. Even as a 16 year old you probably were just more of the kind of person with the kind of mentality that can relate to these characters than I am. All these deeper concepts of love and sex and relationships and stuff are things that girls generally think about a lot more than guys early on in life, and this show is REALLY deep into those with its narrative. At that age most guys are more just like "huh, I'm horny" with not much deeper thoughts about it.

Not trying to be sexist or anything of course but just generally speaking this seems to be the case and it's probably why I don't really connect with it. There's a reason why this one is a shoujo, aimed at girls, it has themes girls can relate to more and is told from a romantaholic girl's point of view. But it's also due to age, because eventually boys think about this stuff too, they just take longer to mature in terms of sex and love than girls do.

Once again I'm no trying to be sexist or anything here, this is just my interpretation of things. Cuz like, I know the show is good so I can't think of any other reason why I wouldn't be into it.

Same kinda reason why there arent a lot of girls that love the mecha genre as opposed to boys, yanno?

Last edited:
Back