My Roommate is a Cat

Episode 6: All aboard the feelz train. OMG.

Okay, I'll admit it: I flat out started bawling when Haru's sibling died. I was hoping they'd never show the full circumstances or incident, but they did...and even just seeing their life as strays after being dumped by some humans is heartbreaking (and as someone who has volunteered at an animal shelter and seen feral colonies, the anime did an extremely well job of portraying the life expectancy of feral cats...didn't make it any less sad).

1 & 2
I'm liking how the episodes are broken up between the two characters perspectives. Halfway through the first episode I was super bored, but once we shifted to the cat it became a whole other thing. It's definitely hit or miss in some instances, but for the most part i'm enjoying it and will stick with it through the end of the season. I mean, the writing for the backstory and memories of Haru are much better than those of Subaru, who is essentially just one giant cliche. Really just looking forward to seeing more of the cat.

This show is so cute. And I agree I love the cat sm, and Subaru's backstory so far isnt as interesting. Like lol the reason he doesnt like people is cause they give out spoilers basically? Idk that scene didnt really do it for me. But i just love the glares from the cat, and then hearing from the cats perspective. Gotta catch up to all the rest of the episodes so i can see more hehe. Oh also lol the scene in the pet shop was hilarious

Aaaaa the more I watch this the more I love it. Its funny and kinda just makes me have that warm happy feeling inside lol, also ep 6 fbdjdjdk :crying: and in general im really enjoying the character development for both Subaru and Haru

This show is so cute. And I agree I love the cat sm, and Subaru's backstory so far isnt as interesting. Like lol the reason he doesnt like people is cause they give out spoilers basically? Idk that scene didnt really do it for me. But i just love the glares from the cat, and then hearing from the cats perspective. Gotta catch up to all the rest of the episodes so i can see more hehe. Oh also lol the scene in the pet shop was hilarious

I'm okay with it because; I've hated people for less. :hamster:

Gotta wait until tonight when @SkyOnAnime gets home from work before I can watch episode 6. But, i'm intrigued by the possibly of a "sad" episode. Especially since the parent's spirit scene was already rather rough.

Oh update on that, I've watched through episode 6 now and yeah I love it, main character isnt boring. Im just enjoying seeing both of them develop :laugh:

Episode 6:

Another episode where we get to see Haru's sad past T_T I'm so glad she's found a home with out MC and can see her little brother again. I'm also sad that other kitten apparently died? I'm hoping we find out later that he/she didn't actually die.

My least favorite part of this anime is when the episodes are over and I'm all caught up T_T

Gimme more right meow.

@OneCraftyLady, i'm fairly sure the implication is that the other sibling died. Whether or that remains to be true, I suppose we'll find out. As much as they keep expanding on Haru's past, I suppose they could just keep doing that for the rest of the season.

Overall, it wasn't as sad as I thought. I suppose I just assumed it would be more sad because people posted that in this thread. We had already seen that scene, this was just expanded version of it after all.

I thought it was most interesting that Subaru didn't reveal that he was writing the novel. I suppose he's just not used to that sort of socialization. I hope he will at least write Nana's brother back a letter. Even if he doesn't respond to anyone else. I feel like since he saw, firsthand, how much the brother liked the novel, it would be nice of him to write something back. Ultimately, it would be cool if he just revealed himself at some point down the road. But, I also can't see this show going beyond one season, so...

Even as a cat lover, it took several episodes for me to start truly enjoying this. The interaction between Haru and the dog at the vet was a weirdly charming turning point. =)

Episode 8

Another cute episode with some character backstory for Subaru and his friend. I adore Haru's protective/big sister side. "Just stay still, I'll protect you!" so cute.

Is it bad that I cuddle with my cats when watching this show? x'D

Is it bad that I cuddle with my cats when watching this show?

No, it's the same by me with my cat :3

This anime should never end. Every episode cheers me up and gives me a feeling of warmth. I'm always smiling. :3
I love the switch of Subaru and Haru. And I have to say that because of the story I was not bored for a second. The idea feels so fresh and new without being boring. And you notice how the characters evolve. I love it.

Last edited:
With this crappy winter my only joy is waiting for the next ep.! What a slice of warmth this is. Adorable. Haru is awesome! Sorry about over gushing on this but at this time I think this should win the cutest anime of the yr. award! Haru expressions are over the top! What a gem. I can't wait for next week.

Episode 8.
Yeah, that's a cat for you. You get sick, and you can't pry them away from you with a crowbar. Snoopy was practically conjoined to us as kids when we got sick.

Ep. 8-
So cute, but yet another anime continues the ridiculous tradition of falling sick for the most ridiculous reasons. I am notorious for sleeping in strange places, and yet I never got sick when I slept behind the piano at school, collapsed on the floor after night shift because I was too tired to make it past the front door, or fell asleep in the park out of boredom. Although, this is probably one of the more believable scenarios- Subaru is notorious for not taking care of himself, and he did just whack his head on the floor thanks to the cat. Plus, the bumbling attempts of the guys to help out were rather funny.

I really appreciated Haru's perspective this week, because we really didn't get the whole picture from the human side.

Anyway, next week should be the book signing! People are Subaru's worst nightmare, and I can't wait to see it!

Episode 8

I love episodes where a character takes care of a sick friend. I love how Haru protected Subaru, and how Subaru wrote his little Moon and the Sun fanfic as a kid. Exactly the sort of thing I would do as a child.

This will probably be my pick for best anime of the season.

I've gone and let the episodes pile up on me again. I really got to stop doing that.

You guys, Haru is the flipping cutest. Subaru's editor friend's also a riot, although I totally understand why Haru thinks his loudness is so scary.

Getting the likes of Megumi Toyoguchi, Daisuke Ono, and Kenjirou Tsuda to voice the bigger cats was a stroke of genius. I get such a kick out of hearing their trademark voices come out of all these cute cats.

Start watching from few weekends ago, mix feeling about. Like the cat. Another anime cat I get so much into like with Chi.

feel sad of what happen to cat's brothers and sisters

Not a lot to say about these episodes. The show is pretty straight forward. This episode sort of just highlighted how much of a drama queen Subaru is. From the opening where he said he had "no time" for Haru, to his general overthinking in regards to his fans and acquaintances. I did appreciate the book signing, it was a decent scene in regards to Subaru, seeing him in generally a more positive light.

Back