My Roommate is a Cat

Episode 2:

yeah, I think I'll be sticking with this, my worries from episode 1 did not get confirmed, pacing is also a bit slower than i expected but that's a good thing in this case; the show knows how to cat, and consequently the cat parts are better than the main dude parts, but everything generally works

also, while the show seems fairly cheap, the cat parts are very well made, so effort went where it counts

I love it!

Poor Subaru though. He seems to be neglecting to take care of himself, physically and mentally. I bet it's because his parents died.

Episode 02

He should've rolled with the Subaru name during the pet shop scene, I wouldn't mind calling my pet cat with my name anyway.

"Hey Zed you bastard stop shitting on the damn floor you have your litter box!"
"Zed you little shit, why'd you break the vase in the living room? Who do you think will clean that mess up dammit?"
"Zed you little fucker, stop wasting time and get your shitty college assignment done you don't have time you little shit"

Episode 02

He should've rolled with the Subaru name during the pet shop scene, I wouldn't mind calling my pet cat with my name anyway.

"Hey Zed you bastard stop shitting on the damn floor you have your litter box!"
"Zed you little shit, why'd you break the vase in the living room? Who do you think will clean that mess up dammit?"
"Zed you little fucker, stop wasting time and get your shitty college assignment done you don't have time you little shit"

Lol but what cat goes to college?

1 & 2
I'm liking how the episodes are broken up between the two characters perspectives. Halfway through the first episode I was super bored, but once we shifted to the cat it became a whole other thing. It's definitely hit or miss in some instances, but for the most part i'm enjoying it and will stick with it through the end of the season. I mean, the writing for the backstory and memories of Haru are much better than those of Subaru, who is essentially just one giant cliche. Really just looking forward to seeing more of the cat.

Episode 2:

This is the most cute show of the season hands down. His slow realization that the cat is his family now and watching him go through different scenarios he never would have without the cat is so funny. Like him telling the girl at the pet store his name and age instead of his cat's XD How embarrassing.

I also love how we see the show from the MC's perspective and then from the cat's and how very different they are so it's not boring. I wonder if Haru will ever learn that Haru is her name and doesn't mean food lol

Just got around to watching Episode 2

For those like me, who hate going out doors and mingling with people, the main character is very relatable.

Any cat owner knows the feeling of having their laptops taken over.. it's adorable but annoying at the same time. It was fun watching the character's first encounter with the kitty on laptop issue. My laptop died ages ago, so now I just have the desktop, but my youngest kitty loves to curl up on my lap, right there in front of the keyboard making it hard to type.
20181218_151404.jpg

The visit to the pet store was probably my favorite part, him thinking she was asking for his name and age, where she was really asking for the cats information. Watching these two get use to each other will be fun.

Now to wait for the next episode.

Last edited:
Episode 3:

Wat? What genre is this show again?
The cat was chasing around the ghosts of dude's dead parents. I don't even know what to say about this. The first two thirds of the episode was the usual kind of dull, but comfy then the cat's perspective ruins the mood. I liked the scene where the Haru comforts him after he realized his parents planned all those trips for him, but then the cat starts talking and it spoils what is something with some emotional power by explaining it.

Ep 3

The editor would piss me off fast.. I hate it when people constantly pet and gush and talk baby talk to my cats... I'm kind of possessive of them.. >x> And he's worse than anyone I've ever come across.

Haru using Subaru's stomach as a launch pad brought back some memories. Zeke did that a few times when he was a kitten. I was staying with a friend at the time and had him with me.. not only did he use her stomach as a launch pad once.. he used her cat as one too. Iris, my friend's cat, DID NOT LIKE THAT! She's an older cat and older cats tend to be kind of heavy and hardly move around as much as they use to, so we were both shocked to see her chasing my poor little zeke around the house, and at the speed she was going. It was amusing at the same time! You could hear them run up the stairs, around the bathroom and back down the stairs... Probably the best workout either cats ever got! x'D

Cat's random bouts of energy where they run around like their tail is on fire or something. The spirit thing gave it a nice twist.

My favorite part though was this:

unknown.png

Seeing the parents' spirits looking out for Subaru and thanking Haru was the best ever. =')

Episode 3.
My cat runs around like that for no reason sometimes...
Does that mean I have ghosts too?

Sometimes my dog barks and I hope that it's because he's seeing youkai. Usually it's just the next-door neighbors, which is disappointing.

Neko rules! This is my fav for the season! I enjoy this alot. the interplay between the two is great. cat is totally adorable. And I 'm dog person. The more I watch it gets better. It's a good distraction from life.

Back