My Hero Academia

It took me a couple tries to get into this anime but I'm glad I did. I love the main character... he kept me most interested. I am only on episode 6 of season 1, but I am so excited to watch more of his journey. 5 stars!

In general it's a decent enough shounen; however, like so many, the main character is simply sub-par. While I understand the premise, characters like Midori are simply aggravating to watch. I doubt I'll manage to make it through season 2 with him as the main character.

Hey, not really a reply but I just started here and I just wanna ask on how to watch the anime or read the manga here 'cause I can't seem to find a button of some sort, thanks if you reply to this! <3

Anyone know how to fix Episode 6 on the first season of the show? I just got into it and now I can't fullscreen the video or see the subtitles because the video is cut off.

Mhm, Yes yes. I'm so glad to finally be into this.
I put it off for SO LONG. And now I'm enjoying it so much.
It's such an easy watch, but.. before I watched it at all I hated a handful. I still hate them, but now I can talk about w h y.

Now, *Adds some things to list of Cosplays to do.*

/As an off topic aside.. :flip: Hulu is giving me Build-A-Bear advertisements RIGHT after I was checking bear availability at my nearest BaB.​

Why was Izuku so willing to eat All- Might's hair? I mean he didn't even question it. Would if All - Might would've had some secret ploy to kill Izuku, or to use him to help all - might destroy the world or something?

Why was Izuku so willing to eat All- Might's hair? I mean he didn't even question it. Would if All - Might would've had some secret ploy to kill Izuku, or to use him to help all - might destroy the world or something?

Deku idolizes All Might. He'd never think All Might had any ulterior motives because All Might is the number 1 hero and to Deku heroes are pure and heroic.

Deku idolizes All Might. He'd never think All Might had any ulterior motives because All Might is the number 1 hero and to Deku heroes are pure and heroic.
Also, it's not exactly like someone like All Might would need trickery to kill someone like Izuku.
------

I've always kinda wondered how the hero ranking system actually works. It's not really been explained. It's not like the manga is Japan-centric on the lore itself. It's said in the very beginning that the first documented quirk appeared in China, and it's confirmed in the spin-off manga that the first actual superheroes officially sanctioned as an institution by the government was in Rhode Island and then other American states before anywhere else.
Yet the manga does make it seem like the hero ranking system is a worldwide thing almost, even though everyone on it is Japanese, so clearly it has to be only the Japanese one. Yet still All Might was clearly the world's strongest. My best guess is Horikoshi not wanting to divulge too much about heroes abroad in case that can become useful later. No need to potentially write himself into a corner by setting stuff in stone that he might want to have be different when he actually needs it.
Still, I feel it was a poorly clarified part of the lore overall. I'm reminded of how Hajime no Ippo clarifies in no uncertain terms that being #1 boxer is technically lesser than being almost anywhere decently high in the "regional" classification of south-east Asia and Australia (that I forget the name of).

My Hero Academia
Alt title: Boku no Hero Academia

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

this one seems popular but i'm not too sure why. seems like a standard superhero story to me except they make it worse by adding in school.....
I started watching this last week, and yeah, it does follow the classic superpowered guidelines but I really like how it hints that power can be attained.

I ended up watching only the three seasons of this, kinda fell a bit off on the third season. Considering rewatching it again to catch up hmm but i don't know

is this anime actually worth the watch? everyone keeps talking about it but idk if i should start it or not..
Started it for the same reason just to see what the hype was about, so far it’s not that bad. I guess. How Deku got his powers seemed a bit weird tho. It kinda sped through the first few eps really fast. The exam was only 1ep long. But other than how fast it’s speeding through the story it’s not bad. Hope this helps

Back