My Hero Academia

Not quite sure how you came to that conclusion seeing as he didn't even save anyone. He tried to and in turn only made the situation more dangerous then it started by possibly adding another casualty. It was more to show how his actions were able to trigger some type of inspiration in a real hero. I don't even see where "power of friendship" was even involved.

Well I got that considering this looks like textbook shounen and MC was just screaming generic power-of-friendship. I'm thinking about the future here~

Though Episode 3 subverted that pretty fast.
Inheriting a power...well, that was simple. I mean, I know it's a great power, but if that's the case it's basically possible for anyone to have a quirk, but aside from that...

It was a pretty good training montage episode, I guess? MC is pretty annoying but it looks like something finally is going to happen next episode.

Well I got that considering this looks like textbook shounen and MC was just screaming generic power-of-friendship. I'm thinking about the future here~

My point still stands where did he say anything about power of friendship? He literally said nothing along the lines of "because your my friend." Not even sure how you can consider what has been shown of Bakugou so far to be a friend when he's been nothing but a bully to him.

^ because mr. shounen mc ran into the fight with his tight brave pants and inspired all might to jump in and save his kakoii student which led me to believe future fights would be solved using the shounen mc's ability to unite all with some sort of friendship bs or other super shounen tropes, because from the look of the weak MC that's how I thought it would be structured. By power of friendship I really just thought that his lack of awareness would inspire the others inside that school setting

I mean I was proven wrong anyways so you can chillax about it now

Last edited:
I am actually enjoying this, good execution. Kind of hope main character gets no big power boost, because I want to see what he can do as he grows naturally. But of course that is very not shounen like.

Episode 03

Yeah, I'm really liking this now. The pacing is a little off though-

It covers 10 months in 10 minutes. I thought for sure we'd be in for multiple episodes of this training. I'm not complaining because I wanted to finally get to the academy, but considering how slow it was progressing before, it was a sudden transition.

The ED is now stuck in my head, among others. This season has been turning out great for OPs and EDs I noticed. Winter had, like, nothing for me.

I also picked up the manga to jump ahead a bit into the story. Can't be bothered to wait to see where this goes.

Episode 4
Oh snap. there's a post-credits clip this time. Almost missed it.
Man, I've already looked over most of the voice actors already, but the casting so far is so damn spot-on!
I didn't expect Yuuga and Present Mic to sound so good.
Still lovin' the pacing! So far it's actually been 1-chapter=1 episode. This episode ended where chapter 4 ended. Yet it's not stretched.
Huh. The show is apparently going to be 1-cour, and I appreciate that, though it honestly seems like they can go way longer without even coming near to catching up at this rate. Though next episode will be at least two chapters, judging by the hopelessly spoilery episode preview.
I'm really glad they didn't go easy on the broken bones aspect, which is one thing I feared an anime adaptation would tone down or censor.
Recovery Girl's cute voice was a bit odd at first, but then I had flashbacks to SnS and ended up appreciating it immediately.
The OP song isn't particularly enjoyable, but I must say I'm pretty fond of the ED.

Huh. The show is apparently going to be 1-cour, and I appreciate that, though it honestly seems like they can go way longer without even coming near to catching up at this rate. Though next episode will be at least two chapters, judging by the hopelessly spoilery episode preview.

maybe they're planning a second cour later this year / early 2017?

Episode 4:

Pretty good episode. Still don't like MC but the side characters all look like good fun. Conclusion was pretty predictable, though it was executed well.

Thinking about it this sort of reminds me of Sky High. I hope they ride to school in a flying bus.

Episode 04

Oh good they included the part where the mom finds out. Since they didn't show it until after the credits, I thought for sure it wouldn't be there. I liked that short touching scene.

maybe they're planning a second cour later this year / early 2017?

I sure hope so.

Epic 1-2

Holy hell. I can't stand these Shinji Ikari bitching MC types. That sh!the better stop soon or I may have go Ultra PMS. The MC's mentality/way of thinking is the only thing ruining it for me.

Aka he suffers from Shinji Complex.

If by like Shinji you mean completely the opposite then you'd have a point. I'm not sure you could have misunderstood the two characters more otherwise. Shinji as introduced and through the course of most of the series runs away from power and responsibility due to his emotional issues and obvious daddy issues. At the start of the series he practically has to be forced into the Eva. Deku on the other hand runs into danger, actively desires the power to be able to fight and doesn't have any apparent debilitating father issues. Deku's set up as the complete antithesis of what Shinji was.

Shinji would have never run head long into save Bakugou the way Deku does, despite the fact that Shinji had a much greater aptitude with his instant affinity with the Eva unit. He would have been paralyzed by fear that early in the series. He certainly wouldn't have acted impetuously the way Deku does, nor would he have inspired the heroes to get off their asses and do something instead of waiting around for someone else to take care of things.

Even though muffin wont watch it because hes too high-class for generic shounen shows I'm enjoying this so far, looking forward to eps as they come out. :3

Though maybe its just filling the void left by One Punch Man...

Now just clench your buttocks and shout... SMASH!

I made that comment only watching the first two episodes. Looks likes it got better.

I still stand by my Shinji Complex comment. He was a whiny little bitch for the first two episodes. I pray that it doesn't happen to the severity that I saw any more.

Well, I guess not deliberately misunderstanding the characters is one way of watching the show. It's a really weird way, especially when you're demonstrably wrong if you look at the actions of the characters. Unless you're saying you don't like characters that show identifiable human emotion at all, which okay, is also pretty weird.

Anyway,
I'm enjoying the animation and voice acting quite a bit. I especially like the bit when Deku uses his power for the first time. It looked quite dynamic and up to the standard I expect from Bones.

I made that comment only watching the first two episodes. Looks likes it got better.

I still stand by my Shinji Complex comment. He was a whiny little bitch for the first two episodes. I pray that it doesn't happen to the severity that I saw any more.

Wow what an insanely shallow reading of both characters.

Back