My Hero Academia

Re: Boku no Hero Academia

Chapter 27
Oh man, I freaking love how Kirishima knows exactly what to say to get Bakugou to play along!
:laugh:
I really hope their relationship develops more, as they would be perfect as a "good cop/bad cop" team-up.
And it seems like Shouji realized he can use Mineta's useless ass for something.
Izuku's crying expression is the best one I have seen for any series. Ever.

Kind of unexpectedly, Iida actually turns down the offer to be teammates, and it is good to see this tension of rivals even among close friends.
Goggles-girl finally has a name and seems to be teaming up instead for the sake of the attention she would get, which is pretty clever. Unfortunately we didn't get to hear what her quirk is.
I thought they'd make Tsuyu the fourth teammate, but we finally get some attention to Tokoyami! Fucking awesome and completely unexpected! This is exactly the sort of thing we need! His familiar looks so damn cool on the last page as well!

A new post? That means... Yes! New chapter!

Chapter 27 - Plus Ultra

Thinking for Team MC:
MC
Anti-Gravity Gal
Super Speed
Tsuyu

No malicious intent? Looks like Explodey is out.

Giantess' look at the conference is priceless.

Everybody wants to team up with the absurdly powerful jerk, and he doesn't have the consideration to remember their powers. Don't know why but he's growing on me.
Harden is playing to Explodey's weakness: His unbriddled hatred for the 10 Million Dollar Man. Magnificent!

Haha! Sticky Balls isn't welcome on any girl's team after what he's done and he's too small to be of any use to anybody. And to keep himself hidden by Tentacles is- kinda ingenious actually. Conceal the rider, protect the points.

I love how Gravity Girl is so frank with agreeing on being overconfident with MC. And the tears bit. They made it work.
Ugly face... classic.

Yorozuya (Fanservice Gal), Fire & Ice, That Guy and Isou (The Flash) as a team? Other teams gonna get wrecked.

Ok... I am surprised Gadget wants to join Team MC. Very surprised. But she is upfront about it, total props to that.

Lets show them the what for! Tally ho gents!

Dude! The Shadow Bird guy?! I love how unpredictable it's getting in team choices! This is gonna be good.

Dude! The Shadow Bird guy?! I love how unpredictable it's getting in team choices! This is gonna be good.

Can we just gush about how fucking cool Tokoyami looks there? His eyes are fucking badass-looking! That hawk shit from Star Fox can take a hike!

Look on the bright side:

Sticky Balls isn't with them. Not that he'd bring much to the team.

Very, very good point!
I already like her anyways, though. Seems very fun, and I find her design interesting.

Look on the bright side:

Sticky Balls isn't with them. Not that he'd bring much to the team.

It's barely brighter if you ask me. Also...

Goggles-girl finally has a name and seems to be teaming up instead for the sake of the attention she would get, which is pretty clever. Unfortunately we didn't get to hear what her quirk is.
I'm pretty sure she doesn't have one. That's why she uses gadgets and whatnot.

Can we just gush about how fucking cool Tokoyami looks there? His eyes are fucking badass-looking! That hawk shit from Star Fox can take a hike!
Uh...Falco is a falcon, not a hawk.

It's barely brighter if you ask me. Also...

But it's still brighter.

Don't think she'd have a "Mechanical" quirk or something of the like, but it's possible. Spoilers relevant to Chapter 27:
Maybe that bit about her and MC talking about quirks was just him telling her about his quirk so the team would be up to speed with who knows what.

It's barely brighter if you ask me.
She isn't whiny, perverted crybaby.

No, she has one, and even starts talking about it, but the "focus" shifts away from her. It just probably isn't a particularly mighty one, though I'm sure it is one that aids her engineering.

Uh...Falco is a falcon, not a hawk.
Whatever. Still way cooler.

This looks interesting:
latest
Apparently there was some side-chapter that has not gotten picked up yet.

Look for forward to the story of why she's not wearing any pants and why she's destroying that building with her bare ass.

I predict she will be Thrawn's new favorite.

Nah, she is clothed. It's just that it has to be presented in white in the manga.
This is what she looks like colored:
iVyePxC.jpg

I take it you guys checked out the "Omake" chapter with info from the first volume, right?
Lots of interesting information. Apparently, Uraraka was originally going to have Mount Lady's power, but the author then decided against it.
Also, Bakugou originally had a completely different personality, made extra funny by the fact that Bakugou's appearance has barely changed at all since the prototype phase.

Last edited:

Great news!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-26/viz-shonen-jump-adds-my-hero-academia/.83716
Viz's Shonen Jump Adds My Hero Academia
posted on 2015-01-26 13:30 EST
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series will run simultaneously with Japanese release
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week's issue of Viz Media's Weekly Shonen Jump digital magazine announced on Monday that it will begin serializing Kōhei Horikoshi's My Hero Academia (Boku no Hero Academia) manga beginning in next week's issue. The series will run simultaneously with Japan beginning with the February 9 issue.

Horikoshi launched the series in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump in July, and Shueisha shipped the first volume in November. The volume ranked on Oricon's chart of the top ten best selling graphic novels in Japan in its first week of release.

The story is set in the modern day, except people with special powers have become commonplace throughout the world. A boy named Izuku Midoriya has no powers, but he still dreams.

Viz Media published Horikoshi's earlier manga, Barrage, in North America.
Wohoo!
Much sooner than I expected. Gah, I need the physical volumes in my possession so bad!

^
Saw that and shouted out in excitement.

Nah, she is clothed. It's just that it has to be presented in white in the manga.
This is what she looks like colored:
iVyePxC.jpg

I take it you guys checked out the "Omake" chapter with info from the first volume, right?
Lots of interesting information. Apparently, Uraraka was originally going to have Mount Lady's power, but the author then decided against it.
Also, Bakugou originally had a completely different personality, made extra funny by the fact that Bakugou's appearance has barely changed at all since the prototype phase.

I for some reason skipped All-Mights page in that but read everyone else. The reasons he gvae for not giving Uraraka those powers was much deeper then I thought for a manga that could have been canceled before ever getting to such a part. Shows how much conviction the author has.

I hope we eventually get an spinoff chapter or something where Bakugou has that personality. I have too much trouble picturing it but I'm sure it would be great.

^ I've seen it suggested something like a comedy chapter/episode where Bakugou hits his head and temporarily turns into that personality, and by the end everyone is begging him to turn back. That would be great.

Chapter 28
Does Todoroki's dad have a beard made of fire? That's so fucking ridiculously awesome!
And parent/son tension! Nice! And finally I got an answer to my(unvoiced) question about why we've never seen Todoroki display his fire powers aside from melting his ice.
This seems juicy and really makes me want to know more about him.

Hm, this chapter shows that Tokoyami actually has teeth. That looks kinda weird, but at least there's some justification for him being capable of normal human speech now.
Dark Shadow is essentially a Stand with its own consciousness, which is pretty cool, and is now shown to be really damn powerful as well, especially in defense.

Shouji's formation looks goddamn cool, and Tsuyu being the main weapon of it is quite simply brilliant! I do love me Tsuyu's catchphrase making its way into all this.
I actually suspect that Tsuyu will be the one to catch the headband at the very last second, but this remains to be seen.

Bakugou's swearing reached new heights in this chapter, and the official translations will probably disappoint to no end when they inevitably tone it down.
The author really needs to be careful about how he constructs the characters from Class B and the other classes.
Aside from Mei and Tetsutetsu, many of them just look straight-up villainous. Hopefully their personalities won't match.
They're all aspiring to be heroes, after all. Sure, a few with more greedy ambitions, but hopefully few that are on any particular mean-streak.

New post? Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh! Let it be a new chapter, new chapter....
*Checks*

FUCK YEAH

Rereading the previous chapter and that kid who pretty much goes "Lets give those kids a what for" is one of my darkhorse characters. More so if he talks all British.

As soon as I saw the Fab Four, my mind was in repeat: "Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit" because that, that fucking team is a team.
Fire/Ice Guy
Yoyozura
Iida
Lightning Lad

That is a team that will dominate.

Heh.... 10 mil + 325.

I love that invisible girl. Her wearing the headband is cracking me up. And she is totally naked :megusta:

Sticky Balls in that guy's shell, peeking out the crack, talking all rapey creepy like and throwing his sticky balls at people is mad creeps.
YES TSUYU MAKES AN APPEARAN- Wait, why is she with Sticky Balls? I want her to win some points but not with Balls.
Love how he still doesn't call her Tsuyu. And her just mentioning it again. Actually, it's more fair to say that I love her no matter what she does.

Point scores, I don't recognize any names. Until Douche's name and then I saw A and B near the teams. Team B's got some playas who are dominating the teams who don't have 10 mil points.
Straight up. Douche is a Class A+ character in this chapter.

Summed up: The usual, which means it's super great. But next chapter will be where it's at.

Back