My Dress-Up Darling

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Zed, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Nemurin238

Nemurin238 Active Member

There was a lot of fanservice in this episode especially with Gojo taking Marin measurements. The ending was hilarious especially when Gojo was just watching Slippery Girls only to take notes of the clothing. I also can’t wait for the next episode where they go shopping for Shizuku supplies and them going to a cosplay event.

Madoka likes this.
  2. Madoka

Madoka Silver Supporter

I can honestly imagine at this point that any episode involving these two working towards making a costume or whatever would be enjoyable, I love romance genres as a whole but this isn't even about that, just seeing them bond over passion for their hobbies is pretty great but these two together, it's like perfect at this point... and we are only two episodes on.
    This might be a rare show i pickup the manga for, i don't have loads of time to read tons of manga but favourites do get exceptions to the rules, this is likely to be one of them.

3. worknboy

worknboy Well-Known Member

I'm on the wait-and-see platform. I'm glad there were no black makers on ep. 2.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  4. ACrankyOldMan

ACrankyOldMan Well-Known Member

@Gens He's not credited, but I feel that Tomoyuki Itamura has been somewhat involved with this show. Maybe he helped with the story board, or he was just randomly dropping his 2 cents on how to handle certain scenes... but I can sense a certain playfulness in perspectives and animation styles.

Gens likes this.
  5. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Jan 15, 2022
    02:

I have to admit, I was kind of just bursting out laughing how detailed that boob jiggle physics looked. Holy cow, CloverWorks, you really went all out there in the fanservice with this level of effort. I'm usually pretty critical of fanservice too, but I think it largely helps that Marin is quite comfortable and confident about her own body. It's mainly contextual where it's from Gojo's POV getting super embarrassed so it kind of feels less unsavoury voyeuristic and more wholesomely innocent to me where it's not like he's directly grabbing her ass and tits like in some random harem anime. He's such a good lad. Also, I think it feeds into fitting Marin and the overall theme of her demeanor about being super passionate with dem eroges:
    [​IMG]
    I have nothing but the utmost respect for how open she is talking about her kinks so casually. I love the amazing title names too, "Slippery Girls" lmao.

Anime is really very puritan about acknowledging women can be horny and have a sex drive in any way shape or form, so this is refreshing for me. Gojo was acting all flustered measuring Marin but he sure was LASER focused when he was studying the eroge. It's a hilarious contrast and I pretty much lost it with gramps popping in.

Apparently, this has the same animation producer as Wonder Egg Priority with Shōta Umehara, which goes to explain the absolute fucking gonzo character animation we're seeing.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  6. Lenachan3ko

Lenachan3ko Well-Known Member

Absolutely adoring this show so far. The characters' chemistry is SO strong!

Nemurin238 and worknboy like this.
  7. devilishbaby

devilishbaby New Member

its a great series to watch if youre horny(which in guessing you are) and looking for something light hearted. the animation is great, quite some erotic moments especially in the 2nd episode, but directed with taste.

Nemurin238 and worknboy like this.
  8. Balthasaurus

Balthasaurus Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd say that I'm enjoying this series so far, it's pretty good! Gojo and Marin are both good fun. It's totally understandable how awkward Gojo was feeling in episode two, and whilst, yeah, it was funny, I'm looking forward to seeing him get to know Marin a little better, and learning to be a little more comfortable around her. The two of them have great chemistry together, and I want to see how they interact with each other once things start to get into full swing.

9. RavenheartN1Anime

RavenheartN1Anime Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

worknboy likes this.
  10. TheCautionBandi

TheCautionBandi Active Member

So far it's already my favorite anime of the season. It's so damn cute. Gives me the happies.

11. redoverthebed

redoverthebed New Member

This is fun, I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes. Not looking forward to the Ecchi Tag stuff. We'll see how this goes.

Kinda interested in the character dynamic they have going on. The girl who wants to cosplay as the biggest boobed woman since... well, any other anime character with breasts and the guy who just wants to make dolls. A fun dynamic.

12. wowimsatan

wowimsatan New Member

by far the cutest ecchi you will ever watch. excited to see where this goes!

13. Anzion

Anzion Gold Supporter

I hadn't planned to watch this. I found it not too interesting when I looked at the anime page; tags, synopsis and cover never made me think that this was going to be an anime for me. I ignored the initial "hype" after the first episode, but the high rating and some of the words that was used to describe this on A-Ps Discord made me try it. I went in, looking for an anime to instantly drop. I'm glad I gave this the chance it deserved. I laughed, felt tens, I felt awkward and I laughed a bit more, and instantly had to watch the next episode. Most of all I'm glad I started this before the end of the season, if not I think I would have a sleepless night binging this.

14. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Episode 2.
    And that is why headphones are always a vital resource when playing eroge games...so I've heard.

LamiaNymph and Anzion like this.
  15. Qplayer

Qplayer Well-Known Member

I really like the production on this show but I think the story is so out of pocket for me that I'm having a hard time enjoying it. Gojo's going to need to do more to win me over rather than being this awkward doormat of a character. The show is an interesting cosplay tutorial though so I'm gonna probably continue for that and the production value even though it might take some time for the characters and story to grow on me.

tootalls likes this.
  16. naterbug8278

naterbug8278 Well-Known Member

THAT WAS A START. One hell of a dream you had there Gojo.
    Another week another damn good episode of this and some Marin fanservice, god damn
    WHEN SHE POKED HER LEG OUT WITH THE GARTER
    [​IMG]
    NEURON ACTIVATION

Never a huge fan of the guy being a bitch and avoiding her so she "Isn't seen with him". glad Marin ended that real damn quick and went on their shopping trip. God evreything about this was cute, i love these two. When she went off about the food bit was so damn cute lol, can't get full without rice

And shoutout to Gojo's incredible detailed multilayered design sheet for her damn outfit, my guys notes from last week really payed off.

17. tootalls

tootalls Well-Known Member

This show is really good......

friend group seems really nice

Would be nice to see Gojo interact with them without spazzing out, but I don't see that happening. They seem to have much more situational awareness than she does, but all that means is their way of being nice would be to leave people like Gojo alone. So people like Kitagawa and their dense outlook is a God-send for people like Gojo who would have otherwise just spent his days bottled up and bored out of his mind.

AdmiralMuffin likes this.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  18. RavenheartN1Anime

RavenheartN1Anime Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Monmaker and Nemurin238 like this.
  19. MisterDapper

MisterDapper Well-Known Member

Just watched ep 3 and if you're not watching this show there's something wrong with you. The plot and characters are so well written. It's not ecchi garbage like Mieruko-chan is.

20. helmsman

helmsman New Member

This one is shaping up to be my favorite this season.