Music Girls

episode 1:

it wasn't completely awful, but it was also a nothing with poor production values most of the time

i'll decide whether i watch a second episode when it comes out

Seems like a boring, generic idol show. Ah well. At least I have Ogura Yui. Shupe seems potentially interesting too. I know I'll end up hating/not giving a shit about most of them though.

It's not as good as the trailer made me believe. Cutesy, but that's about it.

Oof, I was in the mood for an idol show so I'm okay with this. Nothing spectacular, but it doesn't need to be. A lot of the characters are cute, especially the main character, despite being a lot ridiculous. I mean seriously, that's one hell of a misunderstanding she has about the word "idol".

Ep 1 felt like it was about two hours long ... the production values don't help either. I'll give it a second episode, but unless it improves, it'll be heading to the bin.

Ep 2

Sure, I'll let my daughter go stay with a guy we met at the airport.
How the hell did she think that thing was an idol? Oh, she imagined what her mum explained to her. The girl obviously doesn't have the Internet.
Lame forced drama.
Fan service.
The manager is even more annoying than the one from Uma Musume.
Why is Hanako fanatically devoted to this group anyway?
It's an idol anime - why are all the dance sequences just still frames?! (And the same people with glow sticks).

I am regretting doing the characters for this show. Ah well, at least Hiyo is cute and at least I get to listen to tsundere Ogura Yui.

So what brought me to watch this shit? Well I was on anime lab when I first saw the ad for it, most of which I was mocking the idea of calling an anime something so unoriginal 'music girls' if you search that up there are already thousands of videos of music videos, then I saw the pink haired girl dancing (Sasame) and I thought she was pretty cute. So basically I watched a dumb anime just to look at a cute girl who could have been my waifu if she wasn't a plain, two-dimensional kawaii character that is only there to pull the cat mouth face. And the main character is nothing special either.

episode 2:

conceptually it could be ok but it falls flat in execution, additionally all of the characters suck and it's not a looker either so production standpoint is also out (this show can't afford on-model still frames or CG)

i'll check episode 3 if i feel REALLY bored, but after that i'm out (or maybe now, dunno)

Nice to see this is a sequel and not a re-do of the original.
It was alright. The 2 original girls are still in it, but not the mains.

New girl is so dumb!
LOL she can't sing.

episode 3:

this week kept the visuals in check more than before (it was cheap, but not embarassing), it fails to improve in everything else though...

3 episode rule is over and it didn't convince me, so i don't need to see any more of this

Ep 3. This. Anime. Is. So. Slow. It's. Painful. And I love SoL shows.

Hanako is the tool the anime uses to explain the minutiae of idol life. Hanako is unbelievably excited by *everything*, even basic admin. It's like having a particuarly stupid toddler around.

Hiyo's storyline could have been cute, but it didn't even feel that the show was invested in it.

Still frames everywhere.

Three episodes in the bag, so far, so generic. I'm out.

Too much bath time.
Nice job changing their outfits to better suit them.
I wonder when the new online friend turns out to be the girl that "hates" her?

The movie was very focused. This lacks focus and that is not a good thing. It just isn't exciting. I may be dropping this one. We will see.

Back