Music Discussion Thread

Ka's still one of the most intelligent rappers in the game to me:

Releasing another pretty atmospheric and enjoyable album. I don't think he's for everyone with his very sloooooooooooooooooooow, low key monotone delivery, minimalist beats and people looking for bangers. But his introspective aura has drawn me in every time. Honor Killed the Samurai is probably still my favourite album from him.

Also, I've been digesting more avant folk into my diet lately and really enjoying myself:

Japan has the most insane and XTREME vocalists in the universe, I love it. This man's screams of pain really speak to my soul. Even if this stuff isn't actual metal, you can't deny it's not metal as fuck.

And the people behind Akira's soundtrack are also pretty fucking terrifying bastards too:

Best intro to an album EVAR, AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :laugh:

Last edited:
I forgot Carpenter Brut did such an awesome cover of one of the most iconic 80s tunes ever:

I need water to dramatically splash on me whenever I hear this song:

tenor.gif

I forgot Carpenter Brut did such an awesome cover of one of the most iconic 80s tunes ever:

I need water to dramatically splash on me whenever I hear this song:

tenor.gif

Brut is a madman. Just take one of the 80's-iest songs then dump even more 80s on it.

I like that the original version of this song was about an actual maniac killing people, but Sembello changed it for the movie.

I find it increasingly difficult to find kpop songs I enjoy, as like all variations of pop music, they're starting to sort of blend together, but that at least allows me to enjoy when some outliers present themselves.

Stella Yang - Villain. Not a particularly memorable track, a light 90s-flavored pop bop, but I enjoy it on sheer virtue of not being 8 women in pastel singing cutsie or tough lyrics. At least she attempts to have something deeper to the lyrics, even if still throughly a pop song, and she's still silly. Sort of a Billie Eilish vibe, but not taking herself so seriously, maybe.

And one more

JY Park - Fever. I only watched this because I really dig Bibi right now, but this music video is fucking fun, funny, and despite not at all being what I'm drawn to right now, stupid catchy. With award winning lyrics like "You're harder to beat than Bowser" lol. Ridiculous.

I got to listening to Samurai Champloo's OP last night on YouTube, then it recommends me THIS, which led me to listening to more of her work. :love::love::love:

I'd link to my other favorites, but my computer hates running YouTube for too long, and I can't link stuff with my phone, (don't even try explaining to me how I could, because it'll just go over my non techy head... :@_@: I'm surprised I just recently learned how to link stuff with my comp on here all on my own) so I'll just tell ya to give her songs Unarikami, Yoisura, Ikyunnyakana, and Yoore, a listen to. They are all relaxing & very calming to listen to, especially at night. <3

I got to listening to Samurai Champloo's OP last night on YouTube, then it recommends me THIS, which led me to listening to more of her work. :love::love::love:

I'd link to my other favorites, but my computer hates running YouTube for too long, and I can't link stuff with my phone, (don't even try explaining to me how I could, because it'll just go over my non techy head... :@_@: I'm surprised I just recently learned how to link stuff with my comp on here all on my own) so I'll just tell ya to give her songs Unarikami, Yoisura, Ikyunnyakana, and Yoore, a listen to. They are all relaxing & very calming to listen to, especially at night. <3

The Samurai Champloo soundtracks are top-tier stuff.

My favorite's always going to be this one:

It came on shuffle on my playlist one evening, took me away, and put me in a very special place.

Honestly Japan's electronic music scene in general is massively underrated to me, DJ Krush and DJ Okawari are also amazing along side Nujabes:

DJ Okawari! He was one of my first loves when I was just beginning to discover hip-hop instrumentals.

Like this one, I remember I was looking all over for the sheet music so I could find an excuse to pick up the piano again. Flower Dance was always the calm-me-down music I'd listen to in the bathroom when things got too hectic at my first job.

The Samurai Champloo soundtracks are top-tier stuff.

My favorite's always going to be this one:

It came on shuffle on my playlist one evening, took me away, and put me in a very special place.

Definitely can see myself studying with this on in the background, or during late night. *Thumbs up*

Honestly Japan's electronic music scene in general is massively underrated to me, DJ Krush and DJ Okawari are also amazing along side Nujabes:

Holy- *Adds to playlist*

Ngl, I'm glad I joined the thread, since I've been looking for more things to listen to.

DJ Okawari! He was one of my first loves when I was just beginning to discover hip-hop instrumentals.

Like this one, I remember I was looking all over for the sheet music so I could find an excuse to pick up the piano again. Flower Dance was always the calm-me-down music I'd listen to in the bathroom when things got too hectic at my first job.

I've been meaning to pick piano back up again myself, for quite awhile, and now this just makes me want to play more lol.

On a side note, I'm really glad I joined the thread, since I've been looking for more things to listen to.

I've been getting into a lot of new music lately, mostly due to my best friend. He's suggested some pretty good bands to me, like Evanescence, Bloc Party, and Trapt. I really like the band "of Montreal" but for some reason I'm self-conscious of liking these types of bands. Does anyone else have a similar issue?

I used to be totally self-conscious of my music taste, and in certain ways I still am, considering my music taste is all over the place, and certain artists/bands/songs I like, most other people hate or think is dumb, etc. (For some examples, I've been made fun of for liking some of Rihanna's music, and have been made fun of for listening to Evanescence, The Cure, and MCR.)

I think my taste in music has been shaped in a lot of ways, the people I've been around with and etc. One example is when my brother and his friends would always play Age of Empires with Evanescence in the background. I never really got into the games, but I definitely got into music more because of my school friends.

One of my favourite TV shows, Danger 5, just got an 8-episode audio play midquel with all the actors returning and voicing their characters again. They're fighting communists instead of nazis this time and it works surprisingly well in this format but I still wish I could see what the episodes describe as the special effects work and set design on the show was so damn charming. Anyway, time to get ready for more sensible chuckles.

There's also talks of an animated series though nothing is confirmed yet, just something Dario Russo (the creator) let slip in a recent interview.

Back