Music Discussion Thread

Definitely the worst album this band has released, but at least it had some pretty good songs where only the production is the issue.

Think this is pretty much one of the worst feelings I can experience regarding a new release of a band that I've loved for a long time.

Reminds me of when Tame Impala changed their direction from dreampop/psych to electro/disco and it almost made me throw up. King Gizzard's style change was great for example but these guys shit out so many albums that it was inevitable lol.

Aaaaaaaaaah Japan you never fail to impress me with your awesome underground bands:

This record fucking rocks, been listening to it non-stop. Best weeb punk attack I've listened to in awhile. It's really catchy but it also has cool flavour of noise as well that blows me away.

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaaaah Japan you never fail to impress me with your awesome underground bands:

This record fucking rocks, been listening to it non-stop. Best weeb punk attack I've listened to in awhile. It's really catchy but it also has cool flavour of noise as well that blows me away.
I came across to this album recently too because of this guy and video:

Not that much into this guys content tbh, but sometimes he introduces me to some great records, bands and artists, like this one.

Had a hilarious customer tonight who refused to buy a Josh GroBan album, because she was "certain" she wanted a Josh GroGan album. You know, that guy who sings Christian opera? GroGan? "You Raise Me Up? No, that doesn't sound familiar."

Should've sold that dinosaur this.
20190703-221942-1.jpg

I was getting all hyped about the new Tau Cross album, given how epic and monolithic in scope 2017's Pillar of Fire was, only to be quite miffed about the band getting dropped by their label due to Rob Miller thanking a fucking Holocaust denier and Nazi Germany apologist, Gerard Menuhin, in the liner notes, with a possibility about the lyrics being influenced by this. It didn't get better when the rest of the band distanced themselves from all that (very understandable) and Rob Miller making an unbelievably pathetic attempt trying to defend his actions. Sheesh, I know his background in punk, but not everything the man teaches is bad and needs to be questioned by hacks, ya know?

I'm no stranger to listening to music by people whose opinions I disagree with, even vehemently so, or find utterly abhorrent: black metal and all that noise. But this is a punk rocker spouting this so the pass I sometimes give black metal artists desire to be edgy for sales and notoriety doesn't really apply here. I expect other standards from European punk rockers, or other musicians, for that matter. And furthermore, things like Matt Pike's yammering about lizard or snake people or whatever controlling us isn't something that affects me or anyone else in a negative fashion, and is very harmless crankery. Likewise, I don't really care about Johnny Ramone being a Reagan worshipper, or if Greg Graffin has a Pollyanna stance about the danger of giving charlatans and demagogues free reign in public discourse. But this is fucking Holocaust denial, and I really can't stand harmful stupid-ass beliefs. Rob Miller can clamour about free enquiry all he wants, but there is one thing to want these authors to not be censored by the state on principle, and another to fucking agree with these assholes and having fooled yourself into believing that they're truth-tellers.

I'm so fucking cranky right now.

Ever since the end of last year I've been into Idolcore. For those who do not know: Idolcore is the lovechild of Metal and Idol-Pop-Music. The thing that got me into it and apparently made Idolcore recognized worldwide as a sub-genre, was Babymetal. When first exposed to it I turned it off after a few seconds and was like "nah". However, the persistence of the people on the social media I was using at that time got me to listen to it again. And I was awestruck.

Meanwhile it has become my most favorite genre to listen to. Broken by the Scream, Passcode, Necronomidol, Not secured losse ends, Ladybaby, Deadlift Lolita and even some short lived ones like Galmet and Candye Syrup have become regulars on my playlist.

To whoever knows of other Idolcore groups/similiarly sounding groups: Throw them at me. Arigato gozaemasu.

I hate the fact that I like this song and music video but it's also set in Philadelphia, which I despise

Back