Mr. Osomatsu 3rd Season

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by ZetsubouKaiji, Jul 15, 2020.

1. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Well-Known Member

MilissaSexclub likes this.
  2. Franconator

Franconator Well-Known Member

Heck yeah, can't wait for this. The second season was a lot more meh compared to the first, but I hope they can bounce back here. But even if it doesn't, it's always great to get the whole sextuplet gang back together again.

3. LangForest

LangForest Member

:laugh:I can’t wait for this new season! I’ve been listening to the openings nonstop for the past few days

MilissaSexclub and cosmia like this.
  4. Starletka

Starletka Silver Supporter

Can't wait to talk to myself yet again

Zed, SupremeMint, LangForest and 2 others like this.
  5. cosmia

cosmia Well-Known Member

Posted by cosmia on Sep 27, 2020
    I wheezed; I just checked the thread for the 2nd season and damn you really did party by yourself
    Hopefully more people are active this time :D

God I love these sextuplets, it's definitely good to know they're back!!! I'm ready for the laughs and craziness these bros bring :laugh:

6. LangForest

LangForest Member

Oh, how I missed hearing Karamatsu’s English!! The boys are back and I couldn’t be happier!!

MilissaSexclub, cosmia and Starletka like this.
  7. Starletka

The level of self awareness :D Is there any sort of meta ceiling this show can reach? Because this was probably the most meta thing I have ever seen.

8. cosmia

cosmia Well-Known Member

Posted by cosmia on Oct 14, 2020
    IT'S SO GOOD TO SEE THEM AGAIN
    only in this anime would they animate the main characters into pieces of sh*t--
    and have a moment of clarity during a sunset............... while they're still pieces of sh*t (you just gotta love it)
    it was really funny seeing the sextuplets interact with their voice actors; especially totty lmao
    let's not forget karamatsu's "i'll be back !" line

that part where the sextuplets said "the reason we're like this now is because we went at our own pace."? i really felt that
    i couldn't stop laughing at the demon slayer ref tho
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    definitely can't wait for the next ep! :D

9. LangForest

LangForest Member

I loved that reference they made and it reminded me of the very first episode (that is now sadly banned)

MilissaSexclub and Starletka like this.
  10. cosmia

cosmia Well-Known Member

wohh i had no idea the first ep got banned D: that really sucks! all the references were great
    rip the first ep of mr. osomatsu :crying:

MilissaSexclub and LangForest like this.
  11. LangForest

LangForest Member

Yeah, apparently it got banned because of copyright reasons, at least that’s what I heard. It had so many references to other popular animes though, thinking back on it always makes me laugh.

12. LangForest

LangForest Member

It might just be the fact that I miss them, but does Osomatsu seem cuter this season?

13. Starletka

So this season is just gonna be like that, huh? It's like the creators are going through an existencial crisis.

14. Franconator

It's not Osomatsu-san if it isn't self-loathing.

Another thing they seem to like making fun of so far is the Reiwa Era. I love how it plays into what looks like the season's main thesis of the sextuplets being relics of a time gone by.

15. Starletka

Oh how I missed Kara's awful leather jacket.
    And the robots are staying, huh? I thought it was just gonna be a one time thing.
    Lunatic Icchi indeed. Now that's a magic girl show I'd watch. :D

16. cosmia

cosmia Well-Known Member

i see karamatsu on screen, i instantly like
    AKUDAMA DRIVE POSTER SPOTTED
    [​IMG]
    those AI look sus, are sus, and will bring chaos, i'm sure of it
    the part where osomatsu told the AI to show p*rn was hilarious tho

i thought the AI story was going to finish in this ep; ep 4 might be the end of it
    poor Chibita and everyone else who got driven into an external crisis by the AIs ; u ;
    count me in on watching Lunatic Icchi :')

17. Franconator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    lmao eat shit Totoko

[​IMG]

The thing that makes this war against political correctness so funny is that you have two extreme sides of the debate going head-to-head here, so there's really nobody to root for. Sure, you could always go for the Matsunos, but if you're in on the joke with this show, then you already know they're shitty people and that there's absolutely no redeeming them.

That gag with Magic Lunatic Ichi would have been perfect if Jyushi-senpai didn't have any actual dialogue, but it's already great as it is. The made-up OP for it is amazing, too.

The AIs look like the myth arc this cour wants to push, since they also show up so prominently in the OP. It'd be a nice change of pace for the series I think, so they can continue to keep things fresh and interesting. At the same time, they can keep throwing in those random gags and skits in there so Osomatsu-san stays true to its original flavor.

18. Starletka

Step aside, Karamatsu girls, here come the Ichiners. See, the first skit would be funny, if we didn't live through quarantine this entire year, and it didn't seem like a completely normal and sane thing to do at this point. I might even start a radio show on my own.
    The Totoko and Nyaa story was surprisingly heart-warming.

19. Franconator

Ichimatsu's opening skit looks funny now, but what if it was this extremely elaborate prank he came up with to torment poor Totty? I was actually half-expecting him to go "No one will ever believe you" at the end there.

The Totoko/Nyaa story was also a good step-up for the show, since Totoko's already starting to make some progress with her life. Unlike six other bums that we know. In any case, at least we now know the ED video isn't as random as it looked like at first.

20. SupremeMint

SupremeMint New Member

This might be my favorite episode so far, I laughed throughout the whole thing, The misunderstanding with the girl reminds me of this one fanfic I read that's between Osomatsu and Choromatsu having a crush on Reader
    Plus the entire talk about marriage was so cute I fangirled a lot, I can't wait to see some funny gags in the next episode
    Also I'm thinking these robots are gonna do something evil near the end since they seem to be staying for more than 5 episodes, like they're probably testing out their own abilities by being with the brothers since they are NEETS, and maybe the delivery man is someone from the season 1 or a character from Osomatsu-kun and we haven't seen in the new series like Totoko's brother