• Reefer Madness (lol)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday

• Saving Grace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You tried to warn me... and I tried to listen, I tried to push for another one of my SS movies... But nope, we just had to watch

Chronicles of Riddick (2004)
Well, to be fair, I only watched maybe half-ish of it... idk, they were in the prison. Other people (who have seen the movie before) are still out there watching the rest of it...

Holy shitballs, how do you manage to make an action movie this high octane this fucking boring? This basically had the same major writing problems as my shitty ALG show from this season, in that there was no writing to speak of with shit just happening because why the fuck not in a world that makes no sense and where no one has any logic. On the upside, this at least didn't look quite so much like ass visually and at least pretended to be exciting... but then it also piled on the "masturbatory Gary Stu MC" problem to an annoying degree.

And yeah, despite the returning characters and occasional callbacks from the first movie, in reality this really does have fuckall to do with Pitch Black... all-around shit sequel.

Thank God It's Friday (1978)

Girl and Boy A are dancing.
Boy B comes up and asks Girl: Do you mind if I cut in?
Girl asks Boy A: Do you mind if he cuts in?
Boy A: Not at all!
Boy B turns to Boy A and they boogie down, leaving Girl to stand to the side.

It also has the most bomb ass soundtrack, some sleaze and bad dialogue, cornball accents, a crossdresser shaving his chest in the washroom, and it's not that good apart from the OST. Missed the first half hour, was on and off after "Brick House" and kinda zoned out.

3/10

Thank God It's Friday (1978)

Girl and Boy A are dancing.
Boy B comes up and asks Girl: Do you mind if I cut in?
Girl asks Boy A: Do you mind if he cuts in?
Boy A: Not at all!
Boy B turns to Boy A and they boogie down, leaving Girl to stand to the side.

It also has the most bomb ass soundtrack, some sleaze and bad dialogue, cornball accents, a crossdresser shaving his chest in the washroom, and it's not that good apart from the OST. Missed the first half hour, was on and off after "Brick House" and kinda zoned out.

3/10

It also has an young Jeff Goldblum, but yeah, it's a crappy movie with some nice music and dance sequences.

I looked it up, and neo-noir comedy-drama crime film sounds waaaaaaaaaaaaay more interesting to me. Fucking sold.

Also, that is a pretty great looking poster.

Would have recommended There Will Be Blood, too but I figure everyone has already heard of that one. It's a great drama with a damn fine performance from Daniel Day-Lewis. The first 15 minutes are completely dialogue free and just stunning.

Would have recommended There Will Be Blood, too but I figure everyone has already heard of that one. It's a great drama with a damn fine performance from Daniel Day-Lewis. The first 15 minutes are completely dialogue free and just stunning.

Daniel Day-Lewis is such a damn fine actor he can even make the sound of slurping a milkshake into Oscar material:

Rappin'

This is so massively cheese. It will make cheese-intolerant people go to the hospital. Everything about the dialogue is 80s cheese. The rappin' is massively cheese.

"Don't make me thaw you out, Ice."

Every. Single. Thing. About this is cheese. This is like Breakin' or Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo if it was about rap. Impossible to take seriously, the dope lyrics slam'd down phat philly D style yo were supposedly penned by Ice-T and is a pseudo-sequel to said Breakin' movies, "Electric Boogalee". But what it lacks in talent, it makes up for in cheese.

5/10

It's still miles better than anything he's been in since. It's admittedly one of the weaker PT Anderson movies, though. Try watching Inherent Vice instead.

Don't you be dissin' "Adam Sandler and Friends Take a Vacation" or Click OR Anger Management, where a hammy Adam Sandler meets the hammy Jack Nicholson. That movie brought us the Jack Nicholson nodding gif! Those were good movies done after Punch Drunk Love.

Don't you be dissin' "Adam Sandler and Friends Take a Vacation" or Click OR Anger Management, where a hammy Adam Sandler meets the hammy Jack Nicholson. That movie brought us the Jack Nicholson nodding gif! Those were good movies done after Punch Drunk Love.
I personally love Don't Mess With The Zohan.

You mean the guy or the actor? Because I mainly care about his acting, don't really give a shit if he's an asshole. If I did that with every actor/actress I'd probably have a lot less movies to enjoy.
Both. I hear the guy is a major league prick, and his movie roles are always that Oscar bait bullshit. And when no one paid attention to his last attempt, he came out with that cockamamie "I'm retiring" BS to try and swing the statue his way. Guy is the most insufferable kind of pretentious schmuck.

Both. I hear the guy is a major league prick, and his movie roles are always that Oscar bait bullshit. And when no one paid attention to his last attempt, he came out with that cockamamie "I'm retiring" BS to try and swing the statue his way. Guy is the most insufferable kind of pretentious schmuck.

Isn't that most method actors though? I think that's still miles away from some of the stuff Marlon Brando or Klaus Kinski did (you know, two of the greatest actors of all time). I would go nuts too if I played roles like Lincoln but had to compete with stuff like Angry Birds or the Emoji Movie (as an example, pretty sure that came out later).

I really need to go back to a time when terms like "oscar bait" didn't exist for me yet and I could enjoy films without the immediate skepticism and cynism. Is becoming a movie cynic really the only way to go when you get older and enjoy movies? @ZetsubouKaiji tell me about it.
Good thing we'll always have Keanu Reeves.

giphy.gif

Unless you remember his Jonathan Harker. That was painful.

Last edited:
Isn't that most method actors though? I think that's still miles away from some of the stuff Marlon Brando or Klaus Kinski did (you know, two of the greatest actors of all time). I would go nuts too if I played roles like Lincoln but had to compete with stuff like Angry Birds or the Emoji Movie (as an example, pretty sure that came out later).

I really need to go back to a time when terms like "oscar bait" didn't exist for me yet and I could enjoy films without the immediate skepticism and cynism.
Yeah, but Brando and Kinski were completely insane. That's what made them fun. Day-Lewis isn't insane. He's just a jerk.

...Still can't believe Werner "My voice has one inflection" Herzog was friends with Kinski. Talk about an odd couple.

Back