• Reefer Madness (lol)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday

• Saving Grace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As I'm starting SG-1 soon, I figured I should watch...

Stargate
All I can say is I hope the show is better. This thing was a mess.

It could have stood to be about a half hour shorter.
It takes over an hour for the bad guy to show up.
Said bad guy does fuck-all, and had zero intimidation factor.
The tacked on romance plot.
The complete wasting of Kurt Russell as this charisma devoid asshole of a lead character.

Ugh.

Torture Garden (1967)

Mediocre Amicus anthology horror with Burgess Meredith, Jack Palance and Peter Cushing among others. The short stories are mostly cheesy and Burgess comes off as another 60s Batman villain complete with fitting hideout (an amusement park haunted house). It all works to the movie's charm and it is entertaining in that "the old guard" kinda way but I wouldn't call it especially memorable. Best segments include an evil piano and two Poe collectors duking it out.

6-/10

The Beast Within (1982)

What we thought would be another werewolf movie turned out to be something with possessed mutant man-baby rapists. The acting is pretty dull and we managed to lose interest over and over while watching the film but there's some Lovecraft references later on and the effects work isn't bad. Most interesting thing about it is Les Baxter's score which marks his final contribution to film.

5/10

The Deep (1977)

One of not too many Peter Benchley movie adaptations and a fine adventure/thriller. A married couple discovers a ship wreck holding morphine ampoules and seeks the help of a seasoned explorer when they're targeted by Haitian smugglers. Robert Shaw plays pretty much a nicer Quint here and it's pretty obvious that it's all somewhat Jaws-esque (despite no man-eating shark swimming around, just a group of smaller ones later on) but still pretty entertaining in its own right. Nice underwater diving scenes with lots of wildlife and a good amount of tension for thalassophobes like me, especially during the finale.

7/10

There's another Benchley adaptation called The Island and its plot sounds too good to pass up (Michael Caine vs. inbred pirates).

Even if it sucks it at least can't get worse than Jaws 4.
search

Last edited:
Can someone recommend me a good anime movie? Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to go to bed so this movie review shit is typed after some postings about generations and shit.

A Strange Adventure (1956)

Main villain was great, turns into a snowy noir which you don't see often. For a quick ride, it's a solid B-Flick. Nice cars too.

Drive a Crooked Road (1954)

Interesting, not my usual cup of joe but interesting B-Movie. Dames, a fall-guy, more getaway driving, real solid ending, great villain. Nice cars again.

Black Angel (1946)

Like, main lush, he is great, like seriously great. Peter Lorre is just menacing and phenomenal. It does so much right and wonderful parting shot. Dan Duryea, had to look up his name but damn, him and June Vincent.

You know what all had in common? That's right, they're all on Youtube.

I gotta @Rascal for this, that possibly older zoomer that's "connected" with all the hip jiveness ya feel me? All that cool wiz-pow, but I'm the generation that was born when the Soviet Union collapsed. 1991, the most unfortunate year that was the dirt they threw on the Soviet grave. Other than that, all other generations pale in comparison to mine because it's mine.

Next year I'm turning 30 and all I have is this song playing in my head:

It seems like every generation, the buck keeps being passed as them being "lazy" and "destroying" society lawl. When in reality I like the zoomers and we're in the same boat where we need to rise up together against those privileged boomer fucks who always say we just gotta pull ourselves by our bootstraps.

I think there's a lot of things I don't like anymore as an adult when I was a kid, but I think I rather focus on the positive aspects most of the time about things I pretty much hated as a kid but now appreciate as an adult.

This reminds me that I'm old and turning 30 this year, thanks a lot young whippersnapper. It's generations like yours that are being lazy and destroying society, unlike the current generation that brought society back to the forefront, and maybe ours that first introduced society to society by George Constanza, unless that's the absolut bastard potanku @Rascal's generation, because his could have been the first connected generation to society.

My point is, is that FUCK YEAH WE NEED TO RISE UP AGAINST THOSE BOOMER FUCKS
FUCK YEAH RISE UP

tbf kids have shit taste, unless it's the good shit like cartoons of your childhood which are always the best and them foods that now you would think is bad but kid you think is on the level. We become the thing we hate and despise as we get older and wiser. We become... societeers.

All this generation bs bores the hell out of me. It's like some kind of annoying ritual with every new generation having to hate the older and vice versa for whatever reason. I just pick the best stuff each generation has to offer and don't try to get caught up in this whole ageism and rejection crap. That said not being the target demographic for media-related stuff anymore is still a relatively fresh wound.

I used to love Batman & Robin as a kid, there I said it. Must have watched it over a 100 times.

Sounds like a reasonable generation, which can't be mine. And we have to hate the older gens because they made the world we inherited and didn't invent flying cars or hoverboards or none of this shit is Back to the Future Part 2. They also invented Highlander 2.

The fuck is that reasonable logic shit? GTFO

You can take that to the bank with your bat credit card. Alongside Space Jam, because the new one doesn't have the greatest theme to basketball ever.

Can someone recommend me a good anime movie? Thanks in advance

Asylum Session

I want to go to bed so this movie review shit is typed after some postings about generations and shit.

A Strange Adventure (1956)

Main villain was great, turns into a snowy noir which you don't see often. For a quick ride, it's a solid B-Flick. Nice cars too.

Drive a Crooked Road (1954)

Interesting, not my usual cup of joe but interesting B-Movie. Dames, a fall-guy, more getaway driving, real solid ending, great villain. Nice cars again.

Black Angel (1946)

Like, main lush, he is great, like seriously great. Peter Lorre is just menacing and phenomenal. It does so much right and wonderful parting shot. Dan Duryea, had to look up his name but damn, him and June Vincent.

You know what all had in common? That's right, they're all on Youtube.

I gotta @Rascal for this, that possibly older zoomer that's "connected" with all the hip jiveness ya feel me? All that cool wiz-pow, but I'm the generation that was born when the Soviet Union collapsed. 1991, the most unfortunate year that was the dirt they threw on the Soviet grave. Other than that, all other generations pale in comparison to mine because it's mine.

This reminds me that I'm old and turning 30 this year, thanks a lot young whippersnapper. It's generations like yours that are being lazy and destroying society, unlike the current generation that brought society back to the forefront, and maybe ours that first introduced society to society by George Constanza, unless that's the absolut bastard potanku @Rascal's generation, because his could have been the first connected generation to society.

My point is, is that FUCK YEAH WE NEED TO RISE UP AGAINST THOSE BOOMER FUCKS
FUCK YEAH RISE UP

tbf kids have shit taste, unless it's the good shit like cartoons of your childhood which are always the best and them foods that now you would think is bad but kid you think is on the level. We become the thing we hate and despise as we get older and wiser. We become... societeers.

Sounds like a reasonable generation, which can't be mine. And we have to hate the older gens because they made the world we inherited and didn't invent flying cars or hoverboards or none of this shit is Back to the Future Part 2. They also invented Highlander 2.

The fuck is that reasonable logic shit? GTFO

You can take that to the bank with your bat credit card. Alongside Space Jam, because the new one doesn't have the greatest theme to basketball ever.

Asylum Session

Man, all this whining about turning 30 xD Like you're gonna crumble to dust or smth. Being a parent, now that'll make you feel old... (:flip:)

The Quickening truly is the Lords of Shadow 2 of the doomed Highlander movie franchise. Have you seen 2007's The Source though? If you wanna get serious with the generation-hating and can't decide on just one.

Take a backseat gramps, my generation is the better one because I was born in it. I live in the generation of tiktok. You cannot imagine my suffering.

What if I don't want to be connected with society? Society is the thing that's ruining society.

Yesterday went to the cinema and saw Schang Chi . Damn, definitly one of the best movies by Marvel. Everything was cool and rly cool was also the fact that a big part of the movie is spoken in chinese.
Now im hyped for ETERNALS and DUNE ofc

Yesterday went to the cinema and saw Schang Chi
I rewatched it at IMAX the other day, it was really something once again. Legit so good, and unexpectedly, since I was starting to think that good marvel movies died with half the cast of infinity war.

Nic Cage wearing testicle bombs. All in fuckers. It's gonna have to wait until I get a day off though. Sadness.

In the mean time.

Malignant

It's the new James Wan joint, but if you're expecting serious horror then look elsewhere. The trailers are all poor reflections of what this movie is really like. The last quarter of this film was hilarious. It's clear Wan was going to for a Giallo style film with lots of camp and a gonzo twist that ends up turning the last bit of the film into some weird action, body horror, comedy hybrid.

Unfortunately, the movie plays itself too straight for most of it's run wasting a lot of funny moments. The characters are all kind of boring except for Gabriel the backwards man. He does some serious kung-fu shit and it is hilarious.

Overall, not great, but I was entertained. Go into it with the right expectations and you'll probably have more fun than I did. 6 out of 10

Candyman 2021

There's no doubt this film brings the social commentary and loaded symbolism. Unfortunately, it forgot to bring a compelling story or characters. The horror element is anemic and most confined to the real life horrors of abuse in low income predominately black communities. The film does show how this abuse creates a cycle of violence that never ends.

With a bit more atmosphere and more of a sense of gothic horror this could have been a classic film, but as it stands, it's preachy and slightly dull. The acting is great even if the main character is a bit too understated, which makes it hard to grasp the horror that he is going through. I liked the idea of Candyman being more a symbol rather than a single person, but it was underutilized with the deaths lacking impact. 6 out of 10

Last edited:
Malignant is literally someone saw the fetus lady episode of South Park and was like "ok what if this was a horror movie" tis bad

Some days ago I bought tickets to see this movie called Blue Bayou and the theater chain I use only had it at one theater that was like 40 minutes away. So, I arrive and the girl is trying to scan my tickets but they're not scanning and she called the manager, and long story short the theater was closing - like permanently - the next literal day (today) and they never got the film. She gave me free tix to the theater across the street, so I saw The Night House, which is a GREAT movie! Such a good horror movie that's like both a psychological horror but also a haunted house. Really recommend it.

Just so you know I am not underselling Malignant as a comedy, just look at this shit.

DpPvGS0.gif

James Wan should just go all in silly camp comedy at this point honestly, it's better than all his other mediocre attempts at serious horror. Also probably the worst fucking parking I've ever seen in my life in this movie, that was lovely.

Seeing the shape Tim Curry is in these days makes me way too fucking sad.

I was watching The Shadow the other day, and even in movies that aren't that great, Tim Curry always looks like he's having fun:

Best deranged laughing he's ever done to me. Always been a damn shame I never got to see Curry play the Joker.

Best deranged laughing he's ever done to me. Always been a damn shame I never got to see Curry play the Joker.

If only he had voiced B:TAS Joker, now that would have been awesome af (sorry Mark). Tim not getting the role because he was deemed too creepy sounds pretty legit though.

So I missed Censor in cinemas which I'm pretty pissed off about, but then this Malignant has come up and people are losing their fucking minds over it. No one seems to know if it's bad or good, so bad its bad, so bad its good, if it's supposed to be a spoof or something, and I am immensely curious about it. However one review I listened to by Mark Kermode said that it's actually really boring until the last half hour when it completely loses the plot and goes batshit. I can deal with badness, but I'm not sure I can deal with boredom.

Back