• Reefer Madness (lol)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday

• Saving Grace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean, it's one of the very, veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery few movies actually aimed at us, so that means instant hate from literally everyone else. Are you surprised? I'm not.
I was not aware it was aimed at that particular audience. Learn something new every day.

I don't know if I've mentioned it here before, but the BBC produced an absolutely stellar war drama about British UN peacekeeping forces in Bosnia during the Yugoslav Wars, titled Warriors (and also known as Peacekeepers in the US). I'm watching parts of it again and it blows my mind just how similar all the characters feel to member of my old platoon, to say nothing of showing the moral failure of the West during the Yugoslav Wars firsthand.

IMDb page here: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119873/

It's available on YouTube in two parts, though since I don't know how legal they are, I won't be linking them. Still worth a watch if you've got three hours to kill.

Ok, so apparently Michael Keaton will reprise his role as Batman for the upcoming Flash movie which sounds like Flashpoint adaptation to me, multiverses and stuff which could mean a whole lot of other cameos too. Wonder if it'll "just" be his 1989 Batman or if he's gonna play Thomas Wayne Batman given that his version was prone to killing henchmen in the Burton movies. Anyway DC, you have the slightest bit of my attention again.

Ok, so apparently Michael Keaton will reprise his role as Batman for the upcoming Flash movie which sounds like Flashpoint adaptation to me, multiverses and stuff which could mean a whole lot of other cameos too. Wonder if it'll "just" be his 1989 Batman or if he's gonna play Thomas Wayne Batman given that his version was prone to killing henchmen in the Burton movies. Anyway DC, you have the slightest bit of my attention again.
Ugh, I hope not. I do not get the hype for Flashpoint. It wasn't great as an animated movie, wasn't good on The CW and I doubt it'd be good as this.

Ugh, I hope not. I do not get the hype for Flashpoint. It wasn't great as an animated movie, wasn't good on The CW and I doubt it'd be good as this.

Well, I read the comics back then and at least there it was pretty great even though it led to The New 52 reboot which was... something. The animated movie rushed the story and lacked the build-up and impact of the big moments as is the case with many of the New 52 adaptations, I enjoy their one-and-done movies more. Don't know how it is in CW shows since I wouldn't touch those with a ten foot pole.

Well, I read the comics back then and at least there it was pretty great even though it led to The New 52 reboot which was... something. The animated movie rushed the story and lacked the build-up and impact of the big moments as is the case with many of the New 52 adaptations, I enjoy their one-and-done movies more. Don't know how it is in CW shows since I wouldn't touch those with a ten foot pole.
The comic version was the shiznit. Movie was ok, not comic book good, but ok.

I've decided to make Thursday a movie day today. Finally get to some stuff I've been wanting to see. And the first thing was...

I Think We're Alone Now
Glad I did this first, cause talk about a snooze. Dinklage felt like he was sleepwalking through his whole performance. I mean when a movie is just 2 people, there needs to be chemistry to carry the thing. And there was none between him and the girl.
And that's not even mentioning the weird final leg, where Paul Giamatti shows up and runs mind control experiment out in some weird Stepford section of California.

So yeah, bad movie.
-----------
Movie #2.
Becky
The big question: Can Kevin James play a good villain? I say yes. He was surprisingly sinister in this thing. Kept it subdued most of the time which was smart. I came to see him play a villain, but I stayed for Becky. She is just a vicious little sociopath and I like it.
Just capping Gigantor there when he's in the middle of his "Maybe I can change" spiel was good stuff.
And the violence was very grindhouse and over the top.
Like vivisecting the dude with the boat propeller. That was awesome.
Good stuff.
-------------
Movie #3
Willy's Wonderland
That's Nic Cage for you. Doesn't say a word all movie, and he's still the best part.
I think the phrase "Nic Cage beats a possessed animatronic to death with a sack full of soda" about sums up this movie.
Good stuff.

Last edited:
watched something that was not anime for once again.

Color_Out_of_Space_%282019%29_poster.jpg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5073642/

its a scifi horror movie. classic theme, a meteorite from outer-space hits a unsuspecting area causing strange things to happen.

i slept on this film for awhile thinking that, you know- the quality of films have gone down since netflix, amazon prime ect originals.

it has its moments, very slow boring start, after the first id say...20-30 minutes the movie starts to really pick up and develop and becomes quite entertaining.

imdb rates it fairly low, i would honestly say this movie is atleast a 7 if not 7.5 out of 10 for scifi horror genre.

has Nicholas cage in it and his voice acting and attitude seems kinda out of place and off or odd at times but uh i think it could be the nature of the movie so it fits i suppose? but yeah.

if your wanting a good horror or scifi horror movie dont sleep on this one like i did. if your a fan of classics like "the thing" you will definitely like this movie.

-end rant.

and now i continue my endless search for good horror / scifi horror.

i believe i have seen that one. where they nuke the sun right? i always get that movie mixed up with a very similar movie where they drill into the sun similarly, to nuke it to restart it.

Back