• Reefer Madness (lol)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday

• Saving Grace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Deadfall is such a boring movie. It's a leaden neo noir that goes for dark comedy and misses by a mile. The only exception is Nicholas Cage's ten minutes of screen time. It's beautiful how he can lift the whole drab production up by wandering onto set and just being Nick Cage.

Good Manners

Brazilian horror movie that starts out as a nuanced lesbian romance between two polar opposite women. Sadly. that plot only takes up about an hour of the over two hour long movie. After that initial hour the movie changes into something far more conventional. It's a much less interesting movie after that. Throw in some dodgy CG and poor child actors and this movie becomes hard to recommend. 5 out of 10

Deadfall is such a boring movie. It's a leaden neo noir that goes for dark comedy and misses by a mile. The only exception is Nicholas Cage's ten minutes of screen time. It's beautiful how he can lift the whole drab production up by wandering onto set and just being Nick Cage.
Nicolas "Don't Call Me Eddie" Cage, still one of the most memorable performances in a bad movie ever.

Butt Boy

A dark comedy, thriller, horror movie about a serial killer that has an addiction to shoving things and people up his ass. The premise is a joke, but the film takes itself deadly serious. It's a lot like Deerskin or Rubber in how it takes a completely stupid premise then takes itself deadly serious. Unlike the previous two films this one isn't as well directed or acted, but I still enjoyed it. The film is just about as good as you'd expect from a movie with this premise. It's actually all a heavy handed metaphor for addiction. There's some depth to the general premise.

However, the nuance of the film is going to be lost on those that don't go for quirky premises or want their stupid premise films to present themselves as comedies. I liked the film, but it's not one I would expect most people to care about or notice. 6 out of 10.

Butt Boy

A dark comedy, thriller, horror movie about a serial killer that has an addiction to shoving things and people up his ass. The premise is a joke, but the film takes itself deadly serious. It's a lot like Deerskin or Rubber in how it takes a completely stupid premise then takes itself deadly serious in. Unlike the previous two films this one isn't as well directed or acted, but I still enjoyed it. The film is just about as good as you'd expect from a movie with this premise. It's actually all a heavy handed metaphor for addiction. There's some depth to the general premise.

However, the nuance of the film is going to be lost on those that don't go for quirky premises or want their stupid premise films to present themselves as comedies. I liked the film, but it's not one I would expect most people to care about or notice. 6 out of 10.

Well, I'm all about the asses. So this is a must watch.

So I was watching a Cinemassacre review for Freddy Drop Dead and the guys mentioned a movie called Freddy Gets Fingered. Apparently its a movie that's so bad its good from what people were saying and even the Nostalgic Critic reviewed it in one of his videos. Just the trailer alone got me laughing.

God, I can't fucking stand Tom Green.

He was pretty great in Big Brother Celebrity Edition, the US version I mean.

Yeah, the more I look at the guy, the more he seems like an attention hungry person in general. I can't believe he dry humped a dead moose for attention. That even made its way into an Eminem song.

Only in Canada, else he would hump one of your dead giant animals.

Ryan Gosling is going to play The Wolfman in Universal's reboot. He actually pitched his version of the film to the studio and he was going to direct it. Now, he's just going to star in it.

I haven't liked any of the Universal reboots from the last decade or more. However, I do like Gosling. I'm interested to see what creative team they get behind this.

Ryan Gosling is going to play The Wolfman in Universal's reboot. He actually pitched his version of the film to the studio and he was going to direct it. Now, he's just going to star in it.

I haven't liked any of the Universal reboots from the last decade or more. However, I do like Gosling. I'm interested to see what creative team they get behind this.

Eh, sorry if I'm not not holding my breath for this. Wouldn't this be a Blumhouse movie since they own the rights now or something?

Eh, sorry if I'm not not holding my breath for this. Wouldn't this be a Blumhouse movie since they own the rights now or something?

Universal still owns the rights. They just loaned the characters out to Blumhouse for The Invisible Man and a few other projects. There's no indication that Blumhouse is going to be involved in this project.

There are actually a shitton of Universal reboots on the horizon. Elizabeth Banks is working on a feminist version of The Invisible Man creatively called The Invisible Woman. There's a Renfield film in the works written by Robert Kirkman. They are even making a musical called The Monster Mash.

Back