• Reefer Madness (lol)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday

• Saving Grace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Prestige is Nolan's second best movie. His best movie is will probably remain Memento.

I find that how much you like Annihilation depends on how much you can get into the light cosmic horror elements. It's more of an action thriller, but the explanation for the Shimmer is like something out of Lovecraft. I liked it, but it's not as good as Garland's other films.

The Prestige is Nolan's second best movie. His best movie is will probably remain Memento.

I find that how much you like Annihilation depends on how much you can get into the light cosmic horror elements. It's more of an action thriller, but the explanation for the Shimmer is like something out of Lovecraft. I liked it, but it's not as good as Garland's other films.

Memento was great! ...and that's probably true about Annihilation, like I said, "enjoyed it, but didn't LOVE it".

Does everyone who watches anime have awesome taste in movies, or is it just the people on this thread?

Memento had a great idea and execution, but the plot itself was too predictable and simple. I also don't really have any motivation to watch it again, while The Prestige is one of those movies where the second time you watch it it's a completely different experience and you notice the little hints you haven't before.

Watched "Mean Girls" . . . . weird one
Though it was good but Gross too
90fc4f21b0fcb10b4f22646900f9377b.jpg

What the actual fuck?! Hahahaha!

The 80s were a hell of a drug. For some reason they decided to take a movie that sold itself on the gritty realism of its Cinéma vérité approach and then turn it into a goofy dark comedy. The weird thing is its not like it was completely different people making the sequel. It had the same writer director in Tobe Hooper. Movie making styles had changed a lot between the original and sequel, but it still doesn't explain the weird tone shift or just how bizarre this movie is. It's a pretty hated sequel, but weirdly sexual second entries in 80s horror movie franchises wasn't anything new.

Or maybe it was all cocaine fueling that 80s that made everyone lose their senses.

Also Dennis Hooper was the scariest part of Chainsaw 2, just by virtue of being Dennis fucking Hooper.

The 80s were a hell of a drug. For some reason they decided to take a movie that sold itself on the gritty realism of its Cinéma vérité approach and then turn it into a goofy dark comedy. The weird thing is its not like it was completely different people making the sequel. It had the same writer director in Tobe Hooper. Movie making styles had changed a lot between the original and sequel, but it still doesn't explain the weird tone shift or just how bizarre this movie is. It's a pretty hated sequel, but weirdly sexual second entries in 80s horror movie franchises wasn't anything new.

Or maybe it was all cocaine fueling that 80s that made everyone lose their senses.

Also Dennis Hooper was the scariest part of Chainsaw 2, just by virtue of being Dennis fucking Hooper.
At least now I understand why my buddy told me to poke out my own eye before I watched Chainsaw 2.

NGL, probably gonna watch it now. Still on the fence about poking out my eye.

Dennis Hopper is a goddamn fucking legend. Bless the man. Frank Booth will always be his best role in the universe to me with how immensely terrifying he was.

Memento had a great idea and execution, but the plot itself was too predictable and simple. I also don't really have any motivation to watch it again, while The Prestige is one of those movies where the second time you watch it it's a completely different experience and you notice the little hints you haven't before.
I would also like to add that I only saw Memento recently, and that my impression would be different if I watched it when it first came out

Looks like the director of Hereditary is making something of a spiritual successor to the 1973 version of the Wickerman. You know one that doesn't suck or have Nick Cage screaming about bees.

Congratulations, been listening to a playlist for the last couple hours but this trailer finally made me pause it. I would love a proper "sequel" to The Wicker Man. Looks promising compared to that 2006 remake. I remember reading how the director of the original (Robin Hardy) had a bunch of bad stuff to say about the Nick Cage version, but then Hardy directed a "sequel" himself https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wicker_Tree and that wasn't very good either. Hopefully 3rd times the charm with Wicker Man inspired movies.

Also, I adore Nick Cage...just not in The Wicker Man.
giphy.gif

Back