Mothersquaching Rick and Morty Discussion

Thought
Rick would go on another one of his killing sprees in this episode and the reason for it was absolutely ridiculous and funny but I liked how it turned out instead (depressing ending included). The fact that Rick modified an entire planet just so he can take a nice shit is hilarious.
The app alien plot with Morty and family was mostly forgettable.
This^
They had 3 stories going on here. Might have been too much micro following.
Bring back the more capable Summer
I am not sure why she regressed so much since the reset. She got in one funny line talking about where Rick was going, but then it became her vs her mom with Beth doing the same stuff over and over.
I must admit, as boring as the app part was, the fact that what killed it was all of the ads running on it was funny.
I guess the virtual Ricks are the Pickle Rick, or Meseeks of this season.

I won't elaborate too much on the toilet planet, other than to say, I WANT A RESTROOM LIKE THAT ONE!

Season 4 episode 3:

This was kind of a refreshing return to simple parody that endeared the show to me in the first place. The episode is understands its subject matter then deconstructs it in clever ways.

Plus the episode is gold for
the return of Mr. Poopybutthole.

ive only seen the first episode so far and i thought it was pretty good. hope evil morty makes another appearance in season 3.

Little six degrees of separation here: This old SNL skit popped up in my recs.
Scroll to the comments and find an interesting factoid: Dancer lady in green was Kelsey Grammer's first wife. They had a daughter, and said daughter voices Summer.

Neat.

I have not liked an episode yet this season. It feels like they have gotten really up their own ass with how meta they keep getting, and it just killed my enjoyment.

Who knows how long we're going to have to wait for the rest of the season now that the show is back on hiatus. It was a shaky half season. The dragon episode sucked hard. One of the worst episodes of the series. The sex humor didn't work and the joke was belabored until it gotten beaten into the ground. The B plot wasn't much better.

The last episode of the season was easily the best of the lot, but it was still no classic. At least it did play out its premise to its most insane potential.

I have not liked an episode yet this season. It feels like they have gotten really up their own ass with how meta they keep getting, and it just killed my enjoyment.
So naturally the first episode of the second half is an entire episode on meta jokes.

Making fun of the thing you do too damn much doesn't make your writing better, show.

Yeah, if Rick And Morty gets another season, I don't see myself coming back. It was fun when just Rick was the nihilist douchebag. But now basically every character has become the same sarcastic prick, and its made this season a chore. Think I'm officially over this show.

Yeah, if Rick And Morty gets another season, I don't see myself coming back. It was fun when just Rick was the nihilist douchebag. But now basically every character has become the same sarcastic prick, and its made this season a chore. Think I'm officially over this show.

Pretty much. The first two seasons were really special for some reason and the quotes were almost endless but the hype has died down considerably since then. The show felt more unique when it came out but now there's a whole bunch of these (and some arguably better) and yeah, just feels like it's run its course.

Come on Dan Harmon, gimme that Community movie.

While the finale was the best episode of the fourth season, the ending didn't hit the way it should.
I didn't care much about which Beth was real because I don't think it makes a difference. It was pretty much trying to make me sad by playing a sad song while Rick looked sad.

While the finale was the best episode of the fourth season, the ending didn't hit the way it should.
I didn't care much about which Beth was real because I don't think it makes a difference. It was pretty much trying to make me sad by playing a sad song while Rick looked sad.
Plus, it's not like he'll actually learn anything from it. He has these revelations like once a season, and he's always back to the same dick he was in season 1 when it comes back.

The new season is pretty weak so far. The last couple of episodes have been on par with the weakest of the show's offerings. The show has gotten lazy with its references and the plots have become loose with the characters doing whatever dumb thing the plot dictates. There are some laughs in these episodes, but this is very much a show resting on its reputation rather than trying to create new and interesting content.

Back