Monster

Eva's actually a complex character and as you keep watching your feelings for her will probably change.

This is one of the few series I consider to be a completely masterpiece and a must watch. Enjoy it.

just started watching this again after stalling out at ep 6 due to anime overdose
the story is really starting to pick up since e6 (now on e12)

this is totaly an anime suitable for the middle aged anime fan as i am

I just finished it. A really good story, great plot, keeps you at the edge of your seat BUT, it's a very, very slow anime. I was actually bored sometimes. I guess you could say it was worth it.

just started watching this again
ended up binge watching about 30 eps so i am on e 48 atm

i keep trying to think of another anime that has such a focused story like this, even the occasional side ep is still firing on the same overall story target
storytelling of this quality is sadly all to rare.
i also think that anime is the perfect format for this story! i get the feeling that live action just wouldn't do it justice.

i still cant stand eva tho!

Last edited by a moderator:
One the best anime I ever watch. I wish they made more anime like this.

Wonder if Loli Monster anime is possible? :seriously: Can't believe I just thought that. :cereal:

actually, my opinion of Eva has softened somewhat.
whilst i still don't like her. i don't mind her screen time as much now that her story is being woven into the overall story.

Episode 44

HAHAHAHAHAhahahaha

excuse me?

I didn't see that coming, even with all the hints, I knew something was off but uh, I'm sorry how did he even do that with his voice...

He probably didn't. Most likely it's a stylistic choice to throw you off. At least I love to believe that. =D
If so that's kind of a shitty way to distract the audience, amidst all the clever stuff they did.
I mean I get the guy can do anything, but can someone with a voice like that really sound like that even if they try? eehhhh that's pushing it

If so that's kind of a shitty way to distract the audience, amidst all the clever stuff they did.
I mean I get the guy can do anything, but can someone with a voice like that really sound like that even if they try? eehhhh that's pushing it
But otherwise you'd figure it out as soon as he opens his mouth. Mystery gone. Silly but got me good the first time so I am not complaining too much.

Yeah, there's just no good way to translate that part from the manga without resorting to some BS. They couldn't cut that part because there's some essential stuff going on.

Sometimes going from one medium to another presents unique problems and circumstances.

Yeah, there's just no good way to translate that part from the manga without resorting to some BS. They couldn't cut that part because there's some essential stuff going on.

Sometimes going from one medium to another presents unique problems and circumstances.

Monster found a way and still did the manga justice, while having a long ass run. But homeboy is right.

spoilers for ep 44 & 67 (both are related to what I'm about to say)

b r u h i would like to know how he obtained that wig. He looked exactly like his sister. aND apparently he's done it before when hE WAS a damN chilD ,,,,, i was like ex-fucking-cuse me ,,, how and why tF

I just watched episode 64 and it may be my favorite. I just can't believe the stuff that happened in this episode I laughed so hard when that guy
got paranoid and did what he did to his bodyguard . It was funny and fucked up at the same time, I felt like I was watching a Tarantino movie lol
What an anime! I'm getting close to the ending and I feel kind of sad , I wish this anime could last forever, because every episode is a masterpiece.
Fantastic show!

Episode 74
So what do you think happened in the end? Did Johan escape from the window or did he jumped and killed himself?
It took me a month to finish it. What a great story.It would be interesting if they could one day make Monster part 2.

Back