Monster

Episode 29 -30

Awesome episodes, from the old man kicking some butts to Tenma saving the day. Sucks that detective had to die though, I kinda liked him.

Edit: Added spoilers, should've done it from the start since you guys are behind, sorry if I spoiled anything.

Last edited:
Episode 35 - 36

Woah those were intense, now i'm starting to see why Johan won best villain category so easy.

Episode 39 - 40

When he said their mother is alive I was like:
45822-Keanu-Bill-and-Ted-whoa-gif-Yr7D.gif

Episode 39
Tenma, man he's awesome. Raging fire, shot that bastard Roberto, saved lives, vanished into the night after being a badass hero and I wouldn't be surprised if they blamed him even a bit.

Lunge, he'll find something. Those chump scrubs couldn't find a DNA sample in a crime scene. But for all his brains, he sees the demon within Tenma. Johan doesn't exist but only within Tenma. At least he's chasing demons like Tenma.

Johan Liebert, also like a ninja. A gorgeous, disturbingly evil ninja. Who cleans his tracks like no other. That room was more cleaner than a cleaned up hotel room. Lunge couldn't even tap into his computer brain for info. Magnificent. If this were CSI, this would already be a downer ending. Any crime show and the good guys would lose and at the end, be nowhere closer to the killer than when they started.

You know how our heroes are really good looking and make other people look ugly? Same for our villain. Do you think they'd make a good couple? Tenma and Nina? Or would it be a bit creepy?

The Vampire knows better. He saw the devil himself, and that devil is blonde with the coldest eyes.

HA! One step ahead of Lunge, Nina vanished into the clutches of that old psychiatrist. He's a cool guy.

Johan is not an opponent anybody can pursue safely.

Yeah, they would make a good couple. They're good people.

Dammit... :crying: that was so heartwarming. Father and son, something good happened to some people! All it took was some nightmarish stuff.

I could have nominated Tenma for the competition.

AW SHIT PLOT JUST GOT REAL IT GOT SO FUCKING REAL ALL UP IN HERE

Mother is alive and we have a location! The pieces are coming together and the puzzle will be finished in another 30 episodes.

Thrawn catching up at the speed of light. :P

Episode 41 - 42

Damn, that nails scene was fucking nasty. But more important question is who was that girl? While it looks like Nina I'm almost 100% sure it's not her which leads to me think it's Johan or someone Johan hired. I'm just guessing though, not sure who/what else could be.

Boy am I behind, just about to start 39. I think we are supposed to be at 60 or 62 now?

This show is to tense.

:megusta:

... shit.

I was on the one I posted about, which is good because I'm only 20 episodes behind. Take 3-5, or give.

Ep 44

What?
what?
what?

I mean I knew something was off, really off in nina, but what?
Was not expecting that.

Lunge?
I see what your doing, I think...

Eva, you are probably insane enough to pull it off.

Last edited:
So I am caught up I guess

Really multiple personalities for Anna?

Damn Im disspointed, I guess it was the cool thing to do in the late 90s early 2000s to have that in your story.
Meh, only plot twist where I went "fuck off" to my screen.

Haha, you know it!

I'm currently on episode 64. The journey has been ridiculous. I watched episode 1 with my brother after recommending it to him. Wow.... it's been a while.

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending of anime. Can someone else tell me how they feel?

It's been a while since I saw monster, but if I recall correctly I was quite satisfied with the ending. It raises the question as to who is the monster. Was it the mother, who may have given up the 'wrong' child, but willingly nonetheless? Was it Tenma, who in the process of hunting the alleged monster became a shell of his former self, much like Heinrich Lunge? Perhaps Anna encompassed the monster. She had a 'dark side', like most of us, which manifested in violence from time to time, just as Johan had a 'good side', when he saved Christof for example, albeit probably with a manipulative motive.

This is the crux of 'Monster'. Like Johan says: ''The monster wasn't inside of me, it was outside.'' The Monster is a necessary evil and it forms all of us. In the end, we see Johan's bed empty and the window open. Like 'Monster', the ending is open to perception.

just started watching this show part way thru ep2 and its looking good enough to marathon the whole series over the next day or 2

tho its abit early to make many comments i have to say, what an awfull person his girlfriend seems to be , but then again , with a father like that !

Back