Mob Psycho 100 2nd Season

He actually used the power of friendship literally.

13 (final)

I think it didn't really stop getting super shouneny after it started. Which isn't a huge disappointment to me but not exactly what I would expect from a finale to this show, though i suppose i said the same thing about last season's finale. I definitely liked what we got nearer the middle of the season better still, but there was still some great animation here and some good character moments. Despite mob's emotional fluctuations being more than a little confusing they manage to make sense in the end, since his powers are based on his emotions.

There wasn't much depth to our final boss. Less depth than a naruto villain. But I think mob helped make up for that.

It was a decent finale to an amazing show so I'll give the whole thing a proper score for that.
9/10
Wake your psyche up, mob

Most of the show's villains don't have much depth. They just do an adequate job of providing a mirror for all the things that Mob wants to avoid becoming.
This guy was at least strong enough to push Mob past his breaking point.
For a run of 13 episode where most of them are concerned with Mob's continuing development it's hard to ask for much more.

As for it getting super shounen-y I'd day the show earns it. It's spent a lot of time restraining itself to do the character work so the big dumb shounen fight means a little more.

Ep. 13:
Really good. I want more. Oh, I'm talking about my dinner. The episode? Meh.
"This is finally getting interesting," said the villain. Is it? Is it really?
Also.
"I need to estabilish my dominance." EVERYBODY DRINK!
But the epilogue was nice, I guess.
I want to see the grandma's house action. And I'm glad the umbrella dude joined them.

The first half was okay, the second half bored me to death. 6/10

It's drawn , like a art of Ososmatsu-san , Is it not ?

e1826957beac18a2fb97b10314f2069a.jpg

That's actually funny, since Reigen and Osomatsu really do share the same voice actor.

2SVUX.jpg

2SVV3.jpg

2SVV4.jpg

2SVV5.jpg

2SVV6.jpg

Dimple is way too fascinated with Serizawa's hair.

Well, that last episode certainly was a thing that happened. Animation was DOPEDOPEDOPE, as usual, soundtrack was aces, Body Improvement Club was USU! USU! USU! HOI!, and Mobbu was on F I R E. But hmm, I'm not sure, fam. The biggest thing about the pacing comes to a head here - after our main hero and our main baddie traded blows and ideologies up in the air, everything just... ended.

I still consider Mob's fight with the big bad evil psychic in the series' middle part the actual main fight of the season, and it's just too bad this final one couldn't quite live up to that - even if Big Baddie had the smexiest dad voice this side of the anime planet (hey!). It lacked investment, is what I'm saying. Lessons were learned, Mob did some growing, and the Jesus protagonist parallels weren't so in your face, which is all well and good. But I don't know. I hate to say it, but as far as season finales go, this one doesn't really stand out.

2SVV8.jpg

*YOUR LIFE IS YOUR OWN intensifies*

2SVV7.jpg

Check out Reigen's face in the mirror. Talk about your attention to detail.

Mob's second outing was still a good watch overall, nevertheless. I had fun with it, and OH BOY, THAT ANIMATION! Plus, Dimple's the realest MVP of all time, ever, and I'm so in love with how much attention he got here.

3.5/5

damn so it's really over for now huh,,,
tumblr-inline-oojcaq9-XCc1uglaf9-540.jpg

i jsut wanna throw in my own 2 cents here whoch basically ... it's v rare for me to feel emotional over a series but mob just Does That and i have to say this season managed to convey its overarching messages even better than s1 like the way the major arcs were organized thematically were always revolving around the whole motif of ur life being ur own (like it says on the OP) in some way and in the last ep-
when mob goes back to toychioru or whatever n has his talk no jutsu speech with him it hit my feels not so much bcuz of toe cheeto but because it felt as if all the experiences n people mob has encountered all came together to mold him into the person he is. like it's been happening beforehand but imo it peaked at that moment and the ost + visual easthetics really added to it all it's some Good Stuff!!!!!!
20190407-211309.gif

and all the angles n animation shots when there was movement involved was off the charts!!! all the different 100% phases while they weren't explicitly shown were was.. a spectacle like it just goes to show... how emotional my boy really is oof
tl;dr while i do have my fair share of complaints such as the pacing of some important arcs n all it's mostly to do with time constraints and besides no series is completely flawless sooo it doesn't really bother me as much. the animation was beautiful as always nothing else to add there all i gotta say is this was a Good season and actually better than the first imo it was fun & refreshing to watch. for now there's thenew ova coming up so that's def something to look forward to!!!
see yall in s3 in uhhh 5 years [sad emoji was supposed to go here but it aint showing up so fuq that i guess]

Episode 8

Oh boy.
Just when I thought 'where is this plot even going now?' things get back on track in a massive way. Mob just walked into his burning house and found what appear to be bodies. His power counter flew off the scale. I am remaining skeptical that those are his parents and assuming they are fakes to draw him into a fight with the ginger-haired guy. But damn, what a way to return to the main story.

I just finished Episode 8 and damn...

what a brutal way to get back on track with the plot. The thing about this season is that I'm enjoying it a ton even without the overarching story. If the overarching story wasn't as grand in scope, this could be a perfectly good slice of life anime with a plot about esper society as a backdrop. If we just... toned down on the stakes, not every anime needs world stakes and whatnot to be interesting, and I actually enjoyed how the first half went. Reigan episodes are my personal highlight of the season so far.

I probably shouldn't judge it just yet, because I haven't even seen the second part. But I guess the point is that I'm surprised how I'm enjoying this show when it's just developing its characters, while in any other case it would probably be the opposite. It means it's doing something good for me.

Last edited:
liked the first more, but this season was nonetheless beyond impressive. definitely one of the most consistently cinematic television anime in history. i felt it got a little too serious for its own good at times, and i think the first season accomplished more with its comedy than this one with its drama, however, it's still fairly poignant when it wants, with some scenes really sticking out. AOTY for me.

Thought there was going to be a groupwatch for this, but I guess not? :\ :( Ah well, I'm still rewatching it...
Like I mentioned in the first season's thread, I remembered NOTHING about season 2, other than the OP. (Which is dope, and one of my favorite anime OP's, btw.) However, after watching the 2nd episode, I remember being freaked out by the Bogger ghost when I originally watched this a few years ago lol. :sweat: Hm, so it really is a Japanese urban legend. Interesting.

Group watching for Anime Bingo Winter 2022 with @OkamiHime95

I like the opening song for season 1 best.

Episode 1:
Not every job should pay $, € or ¥. Food payment is fine. I may be craving bacon.

You cannot be forgiven for framing innocents.

When you’ve got the support of your friends you should be able do anything; public speaking will triumph friendship even when it comes from the Body Improvement Club.

Episode 2:
Endurance cannot be rushed.

Episode 3:
Oh REIGEN they are the current work force.

Delving more into the violent prospects of psychic abilities, so long as this does not go the way of Elfen Lied I should like it.

Episode 4:
A father invites a large group of psychics to observe his daughter tied to a bed through one way glass. Yeah he may not have been in his right mind either.

Ooooh time for a look through the glass.

Episode 5:
DEATH TO ALL BULLIES!

6 months in 8 minutes. I would have liked to explore this world more.

Last edited:
My Final Thoughts:
I loved watching Mob's growth throughout these past 2 seasons, and am really looking forward to season 3. :)

I forgot about
Mob's parents dying in that fire. :'(

While I personally found a good chunk of season 1 more funny and light hearted-ish, season 2 was just like...BAM! O_O

Though I originally rated it 3.5 stars, I would actually rate it like a 7.5 - close to an 8/10.

I will be watching the Live-Action version when and if I'm able to. (It was in my Netflix que, but idk if it's still available for the USA or not.)

Back