Miss Monochrome 2

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Guest, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Jul 1, 2015
    The hype is real.

Time for more "Ganbatte monochrome-chan!"

2. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Episode 1.
    It's four minutes longer. And has an opening theme now. Woo!

3. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Jul 3, 2015
    Episode 1

It was quite okay and Miss Monochrome is back. It isn't the strongest episode that Miss Monochrome ever had but it reintroduced Miss Monochrome to the audience and makes us remember why we love her. I quit enjoyed this episode despite aforementioned unimpressive-ness compared to less seasons closing episodes. But I remember well that Miss Monochrome started at softly and went out with quite a bang.

The ending theme and opening theme aren't as good as pokerface but the ending theme I could certainly get used to and enjoy fullheartedly.

4. Teophan

Teophan Well-Known Member

Posted by Teophan on Jul 7, 2015
    When I click on Monster Musume forum link, it takes me to this one.

5. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Episode 2:

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift is a lot more moe than I remembered.

6. randomredneck

Episode 2.
    I'd forgotten how much I despise Mana. Thanks for reminding me, show.

7. Grach

Grach Well-Known Member

Posted by Grach on Jul 10, 2015
    Indeed. Dayumn midget. At least her part was short, and the show made up for it.

8. Kokoro911

Kokoro911 New Member

I agree. I'm glad Mana didn't get away with her trickery this time.

9. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Jul 11, 2015
    :love:

Episode 2
    Loved this episode. Mana... I hope she gets what she deserves.

I watched it on a mobile phone. ... mobile VLC player ftw.

10. ZetsubouKaiji

I don't hate Mana. I think she's an amusing little troll.
    She's got balls to shamelessly try to rip of Monochrome again. The only reason it doesn't work out this week is because Monochrome and manager are broke as fuck. If they'd had the money and been dumb enough to hand it over then they would have deserved to have it taken from them.

I'm usually not the biggest fan of this show, but I liked how weird this episode got with Monochrome turning into a car for some extreme racing.

11. Kokoro911

Kokoro911 New Member

And this would have just proven further that she's a detestable character because only assholes scam money out of obviously stupid people.

I also enjoyed this bit mostly because I found it so weird that I got a genuine laugh out of it for a moment. That was surprisingly unexpected.

12. ZetsubouKaiji

Mana is definitely an asshole. I just don't detest the character because there's a limit to the sympathy I have for characters being that dumb. Monochrome and the manager are painfully naive. Then again that is the entire premise of the series.

13. randomredneck

Hypocrisy, table for 1.

14. Damias

Damias Database Moderator

You do realize there's a difference between a main and barely a secondary character right?

15. ZetsubouKaiji

That's comparing apples and oranges. Both characters are assholes, but firstly they are different kinds of assholes and two I'm not asked to sympathize with Mana or to find her antics funny. Plus what Damias said, I'd probably find her grating if I had to follow her as the main character for twenty minutes, but I don't Mana's clearly a villain in the five minute short.

Also I'd have been less hostile toward Imouhime if it'd actually been funny, but it was about as amusing as being sodomized with barbwire. I'd rather chew on tinfoil than watch more.

16. randomredneck

Right. She only swindled the woman who took her in out of 19.3 billion Yen. Such a lovable character...

17. ZetsubouKaiji

I never said she was lovable or even likable I just said I didn't hate her.

18. randomredneck

Exactly.

19. Taek

Taek Well-Known Member

Posted by Taek on Jul 12, 2015
    Dammit I've missed this.

Episode 2

Goddamit Mana-chan, why are you such a shit? And why doesn't Monochrome see it yet? At least they're both broke as fuck so couldn't pay it out. Also, good use of comedic timing with the BGM as it cuts out when Mana slams the door as she leaves.

Yayoi-tan was pretty adorable, especially behind the wheel. But screw Initial D references, especially as they immediately follow Adolescence of Utena references

I wish I could turn into a car ;_;

This is why this show is one of my favourite shorts.