Merc Storia

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by ZetsubouKaiji, Aug 22, 2018.

1. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

2. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Aug 22, 2018
    I thought it was about Mercenaries mixed with some (Radiant Hi)storia, with some fantasy mumbo jumbo like Gensukua War or that one with the sigils and shit. I know the one, it was like 22 episodes or so, hot chicks in it, war and all that good shit. This is nothing like that. This is also some kind of game even, because only a Japanese game would have some punk kid going on a world-spanning adventure to regain the memories of his childhood friend trapped in a bottle.

This is not going to be good.

3. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

The monsters look like Digimon, and talk like Pokemon.

Someone gonna get sued.

TurkeyGami and Toy like this.
  4. ShinShini

ShinShini Well-Known Member

Ep1:
    It's quite adorbs. The story is set in a world where humans and monsters are able to co-exist, thanks to the work of "healers". They travel the world and instead of fighting them, they heal the hearts of the monster and bring love, peace and friendship. Putting it all into one sentence sounds incredibly ham-fisted, but it's done with a more light-hearted note. Basically if Studio Ponoc or Ghibli did a less graphically polished TV show. (At least in this first episode)

The boy and the girl in the bottle are going on a journey to find more about said girl. Only problem is that he is absolutely terrified of monsters. Which is entertaining and I hope they are doing something with it.

Overall it's quite lovely. The Undertale of anime, basically.

Polarfuchs likes this.
  5. Polarfuchs

Polarfuchs New Member

I'm confused that the anime has such a bad rating. It's just an episode online and is it that bad? I'm sorry, but I think many people rate anime too fast. I really like the first episode and look forward to the others. Maybe the anime will not be good, but you really do not see that in the first episode. And I think with bad reviews you should take your time. Because that's how you scare people just to see the anime.

ShinShini likes this.
  6. 1Lucky1

1Lucky1 New Member

Wow! A new season of Pokemon? And they finally got rid of Ash? This is great news!

randomredneck likes this.
  7. OneCraftyLady

OneCraftyLady Well-Known Member

Episode 1:

This was cute, I liked it a lot more than I thought I would considering it's one of those "based on a game" anime, which I usually find to be kind of disappointing.

I like the idea of them healing the hearts of the monsters instead of fighting them and it's adorable how to MC is terrified of monsters of all kinds.

I hope it stays good, can't wait to see more.

ShinShini likes this.
  8. randomredneck

Episode 2.
    About the least surprising
    chick disguised as a dude
    reveal ever.

9. ShinShini

Ep2:
    Fricking adorable and wholesome.
    I thought for a moment the mayor kid was a boy and is crushing on the MC, but the story went with the classic "tough girl dressed as boy"-routine.

10. randomredneck

Episode 3.
    Cripes, that was torture. 20 barely interrupted minutes of this dumbass fairy princess whining and crying. And it's only part 1. Super...

But hey, that other chick fairy is kinda hot. So that's a plus.

11. randomredneck

Episode 4.
    Goodbye agitating idiot princess. And don't come back.

12. ShinShini

Ep4:
    It's still pleasant to watch. Nothing special or particularly awesome, but just pleasant.

I wasn't really annoyed by the princess, but I'm glad the episodic nature won't make her outstay her welcome. I'm ready to move on from the fairies.

13. Mimar

Mimar New Member

Posted by Mimar on Nov 7, 2018
    Ep4:
    The Story is really shallow. the background story is really weak. challenges for protagonist are really childish and small....actually no challenge at all. it's look like do it magical heart and it will be done...with nothing special.....!!!!

graphic is great but story wasted it till now.

14. randomredneck

Episode 5.
    Well, at least this annoying princess only stuck around for 1 episode.

And seriously, you couldn't think of a better name for your Chinese-analogue princess than Shaolin?

15. ShinShini

Ep6:
    Now I know what the show reminds me of: Japanese picture books. The visuals, characters and the moral of the day for each episode are all similar to that of children's picture books.

Also, Halloween Town/Dream Land are good for nice visuals.

AmeagariHime likes this.