Meet your otaku goals in 2020 by joining Anime-Planet's anime and manga challenges!

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by sothis, Feb 18, 2020.

1. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on Feb 18, 2020
    Planning to watch or read anything in 2020? Join Anime-Planet's community anime and manga challenges for 2020 and compete with your friends to get the highest score.

[​IMG]

Three challenges are currently ongoing for 2020:

Ongoing anime will count towards your challenge if you're within 2 episodes of the current episode count as of 12/31 at midnight PST for the yearly challenge, or the last day of the season for seasonal challenges. Ongoing manga will not count towards the final challenge count, so mark titles as "read" to up your score.

2. Feinraf

Feinraf Developer

Already joined, these challenges got me into watching far more seasonal anime! And more recently got me into reading manga.

3. AnnaSartin

AnnaSartin Database Moderator

My 2020 manga game is already going strong!
    :drink:

4. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

Posted by Zed on Feb 18, 2020
    Hell yeah, I can't wait to fail to complete this year's challenge.

kero2, llollipop, Apolline and 8 others like this.
  5. hinatahonoka

hinatahonoka Member

of course, I already joined all of them it's my first task of the year! I won't lose (at least not to myself)

6. Warpuppy

Warpuppy Well-Known Member

Seasonal anime has never been my thing. I prefer to start watching an anime and stick with it to the end before starting another one. I would never be able to keep track of characters from 5 different seasonal anime at the same time.
    I have my own anime challenge going but best of luck to those who are trying to do the seasonal anime challenges!

7. hunnybeee

hunnybeee Well-Known Member

I barely managed to get 36 anime and win the last dumpling on last year's anime challenge. I'm doing much better this year (well, not in terms of social life but you know what I mean).

8. LadyPsychic

LadyPsychic Well-Known Member

I'm doing both the yearly anime and yearly manga challenges. My goal is to do better this year than last year.

Soron and Fluffs like this.
  9. Mrkazaki

Mrkazaki New Member

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Feb 18, 2020
    Exactly what I started doing in 2020. Nowadays, interesting seasonal anime number in the dozens it seems, and so I just stick to one anime at a time. Depending on whether or not I'm really hooked on the current anime, I can watch episodes ranging from one episode a day all the way up to 4 episodes a day. With manga, YouTube videos, university studies and novels, I've got too many story lines and characters I have to follow daily :/ Hoping to complete my 2020 Anime Watching and Manga Reading Challenges though :P I know I can do it if I try hard enough.

muppetbaby and Warpuppy like this.
  11. JustZeth

JustZeth New Member

Yearly one is enough for me. Much like Warpuppy, seasonal anime is not my thing. The schedule of constant releases is too hectic for me to follow and coupled with my current backlog, I would quickly fall behind. I prefer watching them on my own glacial pace. Good luck to everyone joining these challenges tho. Good luck and have fun!

Warpuppy and Podocus like this.
  12. AnachanOwo

AnachanOwo New Member

13. Owlex1998

Owlex1998 New Member

I don't understand how to read on here.

14. Ryuuma27

Ryuuma27 New Member

You should add some new tags like strong female lead or strong male lead

muppetbaby likes this.
  15. Oscar90

Oscar90 Well-Known Member

I love these challenges. I'm already planning on watching many seasonal anime, so I might as well join. Plus it pushes me to watch more anime each year. I really want to read more manga in 2020.

Oceania19 likes this.
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Feb 21, 2020
    I'm not really a "follow the seasonal anime" kind of guy. Like most people on here, I'll just keep watch one anime at a time :)

17. RedShadow

RedShadow New Member

Youre all not doing Lazy right. There is no need for Challenges. My lazy ass doesnt need approval.

18. Fluffs

Fluffs Database Moderator

Where is your weeb spirit

19. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

It was a tragic victim of Truck-kun.

Vuh, Fluffs and knoxyal like this.
  20. Milo

Milo New Member

Posted by Milo on Apr 27, 2020
    It just sucks that ongoing manga don't count otherwise I would have so much more that would be counted.