Demon Lord, Retry!

What's got the Japanese kids so scared of modern society, that they keep going to the trash that takes them to another dimension, with the same real world problems and society? Is it the whole concept of leveling-up? Is it the delusional belief that maidens in a more outdated time and place will be more eager to hop in their pants and make a bazillion babies? Is it the big-boy swords that give them an emphasized estimate of their actual dick sizes?

What is it, Japan? What is it that's got you all so afraid of going outside???

A series' rating on AP has nothing to do with whether or not it gets an adaptation, or whether or not it even deserves one :P
And 3.6 is pretty okay, that's a 7.2/10

This kinda feels like a redone of Overlord but without all his staff/home. I am looking forward to seeing where this goes. But I have a feeling this one while being watchable. I feel it might not be anything that stands out from the rest.

Another shitty sexualised man-fantasy ISEKAI shit Just launch it into the sun, please. And give more budget to actual good shows.

How is it sexualised? If you're talking about the bath thing. That like the rape thing in the Shield Hero was important (less here however). Before the girl get's on his back, watch what is said/shown.

My problem with it is, it's another character where the main person is slightly nice to them. And now that character is like a puppy following the main person around.
With that being said, there is only a handful of ways to make sense of someone following the main person. And this is something super easy to forget 5 min after it happens.

They're working towards the day when all of Japan gets isekai'd and is never heard from again.

Keep in mind I'm saying this as someone who likes isekai a lot.
I think isekai is going the way of the zombie. Basically, a number of years back there was a good 1 or 2 zombie games that hit it off. Then nearly every game had zombies, and even reviewers were telling game companies to stop it while interviewing them.

I think we are seeing another burning the candle at both ends, and in a good year or 2 this will be burnt out.
However, keep in mind isekai is a good way to go about story telling. Unless if the story is within our world, then you will have to somehow educate people about the new world/rules. You can have an entire ep doing this, you can be like black clover and just wing it, or you can take someone from our world and put them into this new system. As they learn, we learn. This makes it where it's a lot more easier to relate.

Now this show is slightly different since obviously the guy already knows a bit about the world and he is doing things we simply don't know about. Notice how many isekai heavily focus on the law/gov within the first few ep (Overlord, No Game No Life, Slime, and RE:Zero as an example). While this one doesn't. This is a major reason why I think this show is going to be something many will like, but hardly anyone will point to as anything that stands out from the rest of soso shows.
Note, even in stories/games dealing with our world. It is noted the the player/viewer doesn't even know where the NPC would go to the bathroom, then it's a bad game/story. Small details like this makes the world feel like you could be in it, and it makes for a great game/story/show vs a soso or bad. If done right, isekai forces the writers to quickly figure this out. Note how many started with the person having to figure out their living situation. Like this 1 thing doesn't make for a great show, but without this level of detail it's hard to have a great show/game.

But as I said above, i think most of this stuff will burn out as soon as the next hot money maker comes up.

Last edited:
Episode 1

I hadn't heard of this one before today, but as someone who likes Isekai I gave it a chance, and I liked episode 1. The set up is a bit standard, but its the characters that are really important to me in an isekai, and I enjoy Kunai and Aku so far. I think they could have a very good connection as characters, and episode 1 was enjoyable. Hopefully it ends up staying entertaining.

A pedophile looking main character with a blond Rem looking kid. Well, I don't mind spending 20 minutes here every week, but I don't expect much. But who knows?

After seeing the first episode there seems to be a pretty big cast we'll meet in the beginning (Which I like in my opinion) and the first episode wasn't too bad and after watching it it makes me think that the MC will be kind of a dick to everyone that threatens him or his friends. Also he totally looks like a pedophile when he only hangs out with that little blonde girl.

I had hoped that Isekai would gradually transition to straight high fantasy (a la orphen). I'm sure it will be any day now....
The show was one of the least objectionable things I've seen so far this season so I'll give it that.

Episode 1:

Well, I am glad to see that I am not the only who doesn't like this anime. It just seems bland, generic, and seems to try too hard. While, the MC being different from all the Kirito clones is a breath of fresh air, I can't say I am fond of him - but he might grow on me.

Not really find of the blond loli or the monster designs. Some have mentioned the dialogue is boring, and I an inclined to agree; it just seems pretty stale and lifeless, in my opinion.

However, I am curious about the one legged girl. It seems she'll play a big part in the next episode and the rest of the series.

Back