Manga Raffle League: Round 1

Discussion in 'General Manga Discussion' started by Hoozuki, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Hoozuki

Hoozuki Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Some posts are a bit shorter than I'd like, but they were all strictly about he manga itself, so I'll count them. (I may increase the strictness of this if some ninny abuses it later.) The recs are acceptable too~ Enjoy your mangoes. :duck:
    Finishing your meal at a swanky restaurant, the waitress slips you the bill. Something else is written on the back...

howtoprocrastinate likes this.
  2. commonxreaction

commonxreaction Well-Known Member

Initial thoughts; I don't know what I like more about this cover, the art style or the fact that the girl is making the 'shocker' hand gesture. My hopes are somewhat high.

howtoprocrastinate and thor123 like this.
  3. Serpico

Serpico Well-Known Member

GIVE ME A TICKET!
    18+ Content:
    Ecchi, Smut, Guro/Ero Guro, Sexual Abuse, Explicit Sex, and/or Explicit Violence
    Translated: No.
    Max # of Volumes or Chapters:

Hoozuki and howtoprocrastinate like this.
  4. Hoozuki

Wait, really, it doesn't have to be translated? That makes you the first person to say so! :banana:
    The digital clock in your bedroom is awfully strange today; instead of showing the time, it's displaying...
    Ticket #65 - Ihotose Box
    [​IMG]

Serpico and howtoprocrastinate like this.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  5. Serpico

Serpico Well-Known Member

There's no need to worry, the first pick is fine. Found the raws for it fairly easily as well.
    I've actually been meaning to read Suiiki, but Ihotose Box looks interesting so we'll go with that. Thanks!

howtoprocrastinate and Hoozuki like this.
  6. Hoozuki

Excellent! Sticking Suiiki back into the vault then. And yeah, the list I'm using for the random untranslated picks are ones I made sure there were raws online for. Ihotose Box seemed interesting to me as well, so I'm eager to know your thoughts once you start~ :duck:

Serpico and howtoprocrastinate like this.
  7. MonsterDream

MonsterDream Database Moderator

Hi!

It took me ages, but I finally finished the manga I got from the lottery. Sorry for such a shameful delay.

Ticket: #90
    Link(s) to Posts, Review, etc.: Made a few posts over here. Also made recommendations to time travelling anime/manga Nobunaga Concerto, ERASED and A Distant Neighbourhood. They are pending right now. In Nobunaga Concerto case I only intended to make the rec for anime since I haven't read the manga but accidentally recommended the manga too. And it seems I can't take it back? I'm sorry, it's the first time I'm doing it so I don't know.
    Mangoes Earned: I feel embarrassed it took me so long to finish 47 chapters. I deserve no mangoes as a punishment. :P

8. Hoozuki

No worries; I'm happy you finished it despite not enjoying it very much. That in itself is worth a million (hypothetical) mangoes! A reminder that if you claim another ticket, you can always drop it after you make one good discussion post, rec, or something else mango earn-able. Reading isn't supposed to real like a chore after all. :duck: 16 (real) mango points have been credited to your name~ Thanks for participating!

9. MonsterDream

Well ... I really don't like to dropping things I only do it when I find them completely unbearable and/or too boring. Golden Days was kind of boring but it had some moments in it that didn't make it unbearable. If that makes any sense.

Thank you for the mangoes! :balloon:

Since it seems I can read mangas I never really knew existed with this lottery, then I actually think I would like to have another ticket, if you don't mind.

howtoprocrastinate and Hoozuki like this.
  10. Hoozuki

Going to assume your ticket request has the same criteria as last time if that's okay:

No average rating for this one yet. Good luck~ :drink:

11. MonsterDream

Your assumption is correct. Thank you! :3

12. MonsterDream

Sorry for the double post but I finished reading.

Ticket: #23
    Link(s) to Posts, Review, etc.: Made a post here. Also two-ways recommendation to AnoHana and Orange.
    Mangoes Earned: Math isn't my strength but I think 8? 1+1+3+3 ?

13. Hoozuki

I'm fairly certain 1+1+3+3 equals 1313, but math was never my forte either. (8 mangoes have been credited to you. :P )
    Also that was crazy fast. Glad you enjoyed it more than the last pick! Upon seeing your praise for it, I feel I should give it a read myself. :hamster:

14. thor123

thor123 Well-Known Member

I FINISHED A PICK! Take 2
    Ticket #: 30
    Link(s) to Posts, Review, etc.: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/...moratta-ichinen-ni-tsuki-ichimanen-de.334475/
    Recs: https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/...chinen-ni-tsuki-ichimanen-de/recommendations/
    two-way recs to: Solanin, Annarasumanara, Watashitachi no Shiawase no Jikan
    Mangoes Earned: 12 = 1 for completion,, 9 for 3 2-way recs, 2 for posts

Give me another ticket please!
    18+: sure but no yaoi please
    Translated: yes
    Max volumes: 7

15. Hoozuki

Mangoes have been credited! Happy to know that you ended up liking the story.
    Brave of you to take another chance at this. Here's hoping you won't regret it. :laugh: